ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289801)

Red Brooklyn 03-24-2015 11:19 AM

So, Martin seems to think 'Winds' will be out this October. Anyone wanna place bets.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

Third Eye 03-24-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11401122)
So, Martin seems to think 'Winds' will be out this October. Anyone wanna place bets.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

That article is bullshit click-bait.

Red Brooklyn 03-24-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11401150)
That article is bullshit click-bait.

Most of what's in that article has been confirmed in a lot of other places. They only "new" piece of info is the alleged October release. But even that terribly written article is careful to throw out "alleged."

Third Eye 03-24-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11401225)
Most of what's in that article has been confirmed in a lot of other places. They only "new" piece of info is the alleged October release. But even that terribly written article is careful to throw out "alleged."

They are the only ones alleging it. It hasn't been picked up by any other media source. The article only makes two claims, one they made up (October release) and one that is flat out wrong. Benioff had never said season 5 will have Winds of Winter spoilers, only that the SERIES would have book spoilers, which I think we all expected. The article exists only to drive page views.

Red Brooklyn 03-24-2015 12:56 PM

Okay.

Third Eye 03-24-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11401255)
Okay.

Hey, I was excited too when I read that yesterday. I also think there is a possibility we see it by the end of the year, but until I get something concrete, I won't be holding my breath.

Red Brooklyn 03-24-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11401300)
Hey, I was excited too when I read that yesterday. I also think there is a possibility we see it by the end of the year, but until I get something concrete, I won't be holding my breath.

I'm with you 100%.

Easy 6 03-24-2015 02:17 PM

I dunno why all of you Star Wars and GOT fans would want to ruin the joy with a bunch of spoilers... GOT is the best thing on tv since the Sopranos by a huuuge margin and I'll be damned if I want to know all of the secrets ahead of time.

Nope, just let me savor each episode as it comes... with all of the intrigue and crazy twists I've come to expect... and me being genuinely shocked at each turn.

Third Eye 03-24-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11401365)
I dunno why all of you Star Wars and GOT fans would want to ruin the joy with a bunch of spoilers... GOT is the best thing on tv since the Sopranos by a huuuge margin and I'll be damned if I want to know all of the secrets ahead of time.

Nope, just let me savor each episode as it comes... with all of the intrigue and crazy twists I've come to expect... and me being genuinely shocked at each turn.

That's not what this is. This thread was for people who had read the books that wanted to discuss things that might spoil people who hadn't read the books.

Easy 6 03-24-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11401452)
That's not what this is. This thread was for people who had read the books that wanted to discuss things that might spoil people who hadn't read the books.

Then I better get the hell outta here :D

kcchiefsus 03-25-2015 08:22 PM

I was just watching The Wire and saw an actor that looked familiar. I had to look up his IMDB to figure out it was Littlefinger.

Baby Lee 03-25-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11403754)
I was just watching The Wire and saw an actor that looked familiar. I had to look up his IMDB to figure out it was Littlefinger.

Yeah, Carcetti is a major character in the show's run

Fire Me Boy! 03-30-2015 11:02 AM

I just shared in the non-spoiler thread, but figured you'd all get a kick out of it. I can't ready anything in here though since I haven't read the books.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11410444)
A friend told me to watch this and to pretend it was the Lannister children in happier times. I did, and I'm a better man for it.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AjPau5QYtYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tomahawk kid 03-30-2015 02:58 PM

So - have the re-confirmed the Lady Stoneheart ISN'T appearing in Season 5?

I know there was scuttlebutt some months back that she could indeed appear?

Red Brooklyn 03-31-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 11410844)
So - have the re-confirmed the Lady Stoneheart ISN'T appearing in Season 5?

I know there was scuttlebutt some months back that she could indeed appear?

I haven't heard one way or the other, officially. But I think it's best if we all let this one go. Unfortunately, I don't think it's happening.

Hawk 04-06-2015 08:40 AM

No Lady Stoneheart I don't think. That's why they are sending Jaime off to Dorne on the show. He's never going to meet up with Lady Stoneheart, so they could send him wherever they wanted to occupy his part of the story.

NewChief 04-06-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11403762)
Yeah, Carcetti is a major character in the show's run

Watching the Wire after Game of Thrones almost ruined that character for me. Carcetti was somewhat slimy, but I always felt like he was even slimier due to the Littlefinger residue.

Baby Lee 04-08-2015 03:05 PM

This thread is obsolete!!

http://www.avclub.com/article/google...ents-sy-217724

The Franchise 04-09-2015 01:42 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YjABoFk4yM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dw96t0kIHmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3QPN_AO-xSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tomahawk kid 04-09-2015 03:14 PM

Promo's look awesome.

Has anyone heard anything about Griff or Young Griff appearing in Season 5?

Sorter 04-09-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 11427820)
Promo's look awesome.

Has anyone heard anything about Griff or Young Griff appearing in Season 5?

Think Young Griff went the way of Lady Stoneheart, sadly.

not thrilled about what that means for the books.

NJChiefsFan 04-09-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11427827)

There in lies the biggest issue with the show for book readers. I still wouldn't be shocked to see stone heart. Although that might be a commitment they aren't interested in. Griff is another cool story but a slow build. Hopefully they just go a million miles in a different direction than Martin so we don't have to read into characters not appearing.

The Franchise 04-10-2015 09:49 AM

This girl has some good videos on the back stories of all of the different families.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vQF-Z90FIv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 04-10-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11427827)

No shit.

How the hell much energy have we wasted on Griff and Prince Aegon if they don't even have them in the friggen show?

Clearly that one's going to peter out. That sucks. I liked both of those guys.

Mr. Laz 04-11-2015 02:02 PM

PBJ

BigRichard 04-11-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11428704)
This girl has some good videos on the back stories of all of the different families.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vQF-Z90FIv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Would

Chiefspants 04-12-2015 12:41 AM

So uh, the first four episodes have leaked on various locations of cyberspace (HBO got jobbed by a shitheel from the press).

Everyone best be keeping a watchful eye for spoilers over the next few weeks (apparently there are pretty major narrative divergences coming this season).

BigRedChief 04-12-2015 06:41 AM

Finally, tonight we get to see how far they are going to stray from the books. My neighbor is having a Game of Thrones premiere watch party. It will be the first time I've watched GOT live with a group of people. What are you doing? Anything?

kcxiv 04-12-2015 12:15 PM

i got my dvr set. I was thinking of just blackmarketing them, but im going to just wait for Live TV to watch them. Got free hbo for a year, so im good too go lol

Mr. Laz 04-13-2015 11:27 AM

Snow gained a ton of support from the Wildings by the mercy he showed their leader on the stake.

It almost seems like Jon Snow and the Mother of Dragons are heading for a collision course of some kind. Will they be fighting or marrying each other? :D

I havn't read the book so ......

Arya off learning how to kill from the league of assassins?

tomahawk kid 04-13-2015 01:05 PM

So - I've never pirated something off the internet before, and tried to find copies of the other new episodes this morning online.

I found them on Piratebay, but it wanted to charge me $50 / month for the media player.

Is that for real? Where can I find these things without downloading a ton of viruses on my machine?

Skyy God 04-13-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 11434243)
So - I've never pirated something off the internet before, and tried to find copies of the other new episodes this morning online.

I found them on Piratebay, but it wanted to charge me $50 / month for the media player.

Is that for real? Where can I find these things without downloading a ton of viruses on my machine?

That's not how it works. Search "Game of Thrones S05E02". Stay with the site and avoid any popups.

The Bunk 04-13-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11434063)
It almost seems like Jon Snow and the Mother of Dragons are heading for a collision course of some kind. Will they be fighting or marrying each other? :D

The former is almost assured to happen. The latter, if some of the theories are true would be... icky.

lawrenceRaider 04-13-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bunk (Post 11434272)
The former is almost assured to happen. The latter, if some of the theories are true would be... icky.

Though par for the course.

Brock 04-13-2015 06:24 PM

Wow. They've really ****ed this thing up.

BigRedChief 04-13-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11434063)
Snow gained a ton of support from the Wildings by the mercy he showed their leader on the stake.

I havn't read the book so ......

Arya off learning how to kill from the league of assassins?

Dude there are tons of spoilers in here. GTFO. You will thank me later.

BigRedChief 04-13-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11435292)

It is defintitly vereing way off the book course this season. Thats all find and dandy to have alternate timelines and endings from the books. Just don't be spoiling GRR's book timeline.

Ragged Robin 04-13-2015 08:32 PM

um... they just killed Mance Rayder. WHAT??? :facepalm:

Brock 04-13-2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11435498)

No shit. I'm embarrassed for them.

Sorter 04-13-2015 08:36 PM

Anyone else watched the next three episodes?

kcxiv 04-13-2015 08:51 PM

I got no problem with straying from the books this far into the tv show. The tv ending has to be different from the supposed book ending. I personally dont think he's even goign to finish it,

Sorter 04-13-2015 09:03 PM

Spoilers for those who have seen through episode 4:

Spoiler!

BigRedChief 04-13-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11435498)

And for what reason? You saw it coming the whole hour? Obviously those of us who read the books know Mance's story is not done in the books at this point in the story line and his part gets bigger in the books.

The only reason I can come up with is to give John Snow some "in" with the Wildlings and he is going to lead the Wildlings is some new story line.

BigRedChief 04-13-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11435540)
I got no problem with straying from the books this far into the tv show. The tv ending has to be different from the supposed book ending. I personally dont think he's even goign to finish it,

He may not finish it, but someone will.

Baby Lee 04-13-2015 11:27 PM

Heh. Not really a spoiler as it's fairly inconsequential, but since it technically hasn't erred.

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 04-14-2015 12:01 AM

Samwell produced what I think was my first actual laugh out loud on GoT.

Spoiler!

Sam the Slayer!!

ThaVirus 04-14-2015 01:11 AM

Game of Thrones "Spoiler" Thread II

I'm starting to like Stannis.

Bronn is a badass. I'm kind of mad we didn't get to see him and The Hound go at it back in King's Landing.

This show is so much better when Jaqen Haghar is featured.

Spoiler!

Hawk 04-14-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11435728)
I'm starting to like Stannis.

Bronn is a badass. I'm kind of mad we didn't get to see him and The Hound go at it back in King's Landing.

This show is so much better when Jaqen Haghar is featured.

Spoiler!

Well, according to Cersei herself, when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

BigRichard 04-14-2015 01:42 PM

No mention of Cersei's brother killing her either???

Amnorix 04-14-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11435655)
He may not finish it, but someone will.

Not according to Martin. Unlike Robert Jordan, he's basically said that he won't give anyone else the rights, so if he croaks we are all just out of luck.

Amnorix 04-14-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11435292)

They have?

At this point you don't trust them to give you a good story? It may not be the SAME story as Martin's, and it may not be the story YOU want, but I trust them to handle the story reasonably well.

Forget what is in the books and just let the TV show do what it wants, and judge it based on whether it ALONE is a good story, and not how it compares with the books.

Baby Lee 04-14-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11436645)
They have?

At this point you don't trust them to give you a good story? It may not be the SAME story as Martin's, and it may not be the story YOU want, but I trust them to handle the story reasonably well.

Forget what is in the books and just let the TV show do what it wants, and judge it based on whether it ALONE is a good story, and not how it compares with the books.

I'm not down on them yet, and I'm a little ahead of the game story-wise [cough], but it is concerning the sheer logistics of their storytelling might swallow the actual, you know, storytelling

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p9Mi17nLflY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will say, and I'll not spoiler it because it's widely know even if in the future yet. Dorne is AMAZING. Just beautiful.

ThaVirus 04-14-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11436468)

By what means? He'll need a regime change in order to even step foot back in Westeros and Daenerys is basically the only potential candidate (save Jon Snow) that wouldn't kill him on sight.

It's possible that he'll kill her but not likely, I'd say.

BigRichard 04-15-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11436807)
By what means? He'll need a regime change in order to even step foot back in Westeros and Daenerys is basically the only potential candidate (save Jon Snow) that wouldn't kill him on sight.

I am talking about the witch she sees in the woods. In the book she tells her that her brother will be her demise or something like that along with the other info. And she assumes it is Tyrion.

Hawk 04-15-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11437723)
I am talking about the witch she sees in the woods. In the book she tells her that her brother will be her demise or something like that along with the other info. And she assumes it is Tyrion.

ThaVirus, don't forget that this is the spoiler thread where book readers can talk about everything in the books even though the show hasn't gotten there yet. You will likely get spoiled on some major events coming this season if you hang around in this thread.

The prophecy given to Cersei by maggie the frog in the books said Cersei would be killed by the valonquar which means "little brother", so naturally Cersei assumes it will be Tyrion which has fueled her irrational hatred of him. However, there are many theories on who the valonquar really will be. Could be Jaime since he was born after Cersei even though they were twins. I have my own theory which is: (spoiler tagged because it goes into a lot of stuff not covered on the show yet)

Spoiler!

DJ's left nut 04-15-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11436468)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11436807)

Chekhov's Gun - you don't spend time discussing a facially irrelevant object unless it's actually somehow relevant.

Martin points out a few times that Cersei was actually born just ahead of Jaime. Of the two twins, Jaime is technically the 'younger' sibling.

Valonquar just means younger brother in valyrian. Cersei always figured it was Tyrion but c'mon...it's Jaime. They don't bother mentioning that she was born first if it's not relevant.

Martin's pretty good at throwing you off the scent, but that would be a little too meta for me to believe he was intentionally throwing in an irrelevant detail just to make you think it was a relevant detail.

EDIT: Crap....I see Hawk has beaten me to most of this.

DJ's left nut 04-15-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11437866)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 04-15-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

ThaVirus, don't forget that this is the spoiler thread where book readers can talk about everything in the books even though the show hasn't gotten there yet. You will likely get spoiled on some major events coming this season if you hang around in this thread.

Thanks, but I've been contemplating not even finishing the book series. It seems like people don't have anything good to say about it beyond Storm of Swords and the fact that it may never be resolved is also a bit of a turn off.

The Franchise 04-15-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11438017)
Thanks, but I've been contemplating not even finishing the book series. It seems like people don't have anything good to say about it beyond Storm of Swords and the fact that it may never be resolved is also a bit of a turn off.

I'm probably going to hold off just because of how much the show is deviating from the books.

MagicHef 04-15-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11438017)

I liked the 4th and 5th books quite a lot, actually. A Storm of Swords has a lot of action and a lot of resolutions to various plots and schemes. AFFC and ADWD are more about the setups of schemes we haven't yet seen come to fruition.

Reading those two books after ASOS is kind of like watching The Dark Knight and then following it up by watching only the first half of Interstellar.

Red Brooklyn 04-15-2015 12:06 PM

I still think Feast is my favorite book in the series. It's not as HOLY SHIT as Storm. But there's so much humanity and strategy and mood in that book. It was a joy to read.

BigRichard 04-15-2015 02:28 PM

I read the last two book again. This time I read them at the same time swapping back and forth going by the order here...

http://boiledleather.com/post/259025...ng-order-for-a

Made it much more enjoyable the second time. I suggest you try it if you do continue on in the books.

Baby Lee 04-15-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11438480)
I read the last two book again. This time I read them at the same time swapping back and forth going by the order here...

http://boiledleather.com/post/259025...ng-order-for-a

Made it much more enjoyable the second time. I suggest you try it if you do continue on in the books.

All my books are audio. They are chapter divided. Is a simple chapter reordering sufficient, or do you have to delve deeper subdividing chapters?

BigRichard 04-15-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11438487)
All my books are audio. They are chapter divided. Is a simple chapter reordering sufficient, or do you have to delve deeper subdividing chapters?

For the most part you do something like read chapters 1,2 of book 4 and then chapters 1,2,3 of book 5. Then jump back to 4 and read chapters 3,4,5 and so on and so forth. The only thing that doesn't follow that pattern, if I recall, they have you read a couple of chapters out of order dealing with the son from Dorne going to see Daeny in Mereen which I didn't even do. I just kept reading them in order. That part I don't think made that big of a difference.

BigRedChief 04-15-2015 05:57 PM

I agree with most here.

The hound is alive. Gets religion. Faces off against his brother.

Jamie kills Cersi.

mdchiefsfan 04-15-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

The prophecy given to Cersei by maggie the frog in the books said Cersei would be killed by the valonquar which means "little brother", so naturally Cersei assumes it will be Tyrion which has fueled her irrational hatred of him. However, there are many theories on who the valonquar really will be. Could be Jaime since he was born after Cersei even though they were twins. I have my own theory which is: (spoiler tagged because it goes into a lot of stuff not covered on the show yet)

Spoiler!

Pretty sound theory.

Brock 04-15-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11436645)
They have?

**** all that. Writing out Mance was a shitty thing to do.

mdchiefsfan 04-16-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11439635)

For all we know Mance isn't dead. He still could have been swapped and could be revealed next episode.

Baby Lee 04-16-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11440032)
For all we know Mance isn't dead. He still could have been swapped and could be revealed next episode.

Yeah, was gonna say.

Amnorix 04-16-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Riiiiiight, because this of all shows should never off cool/interesting/"good" characters.

We are talking about GAME OF THRONES right?

Baby Lee 04-16-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11440041)
Riiiiiight, because this of all shows should never off cool/interesting/"good" characters.

We are talking about GAME OF THRONES right?

There's a storyline he's worried about being excised, but he needn't be yet.

MagicHef 04-16-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

To be honest, show Mance is so different from book Mance that it would almost be a relief if he stays dead, and they come up with a different Abel.

mdchiefsfan 04-16-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11440045)
There's a storyline he's worried about being excised, but he needn't be yet.

Agreed. Mance dead can affect the story down the road, Theon in particular.

NewChief 04-16-2015 09:52 AM

From what I've heard, they've basically written out the Ironborn plot as well. They're condensing the shit out of things, and the series will be stronger for it, imo.

DJ's left nut 04-16-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11440032)

According to Ciaran Hinds (the actor that played him), Mance is dead as he is done for the season and has not been asked to reprise his role. He may just be being clever, but the whole 'glamour' thing is just too convoluted for television, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11440136)
From what I've heard, they've basically written out the Ironborn plot as well. They're condensing the shit out of things, and the series will be stronger for it, imo.

Thank GOD. I like Victarion and all, but there's absolutely no need for him at all. So much of that book is just shit for the sake of shit. We know what his purposes is - get the stupid horn to Daenerys and then die. That's how this is going to go down. She'll have the horn, tame dragons, wax some ass.

So why the hell do I need hundreds of pages bitching about Euron and the Damphair just to get a !@#$ing horn to a bubble-headed tween princess that seems more interested in banging her general than actual ruling anything?

By books 4 and 5, the television series will be better than the books. There's just way too much crap in the books at this point. If I see Quentyn friggen Martell show up I'll just give up altogether.

FishingRod 04-16-2015 12:45 PM

Coral

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't had any of these in a while

Red Brooklyn 04-16-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11440160)
According to Ciaran Hinds (the actor that played him), Mance is dead as he is done for the season and has not been asked to reprise his role. He may just be being clever, but the whole 'glamour' thing is just too convoluted for television, IMO.

Can you link that?

I've seen (was it EW?) that an anonymous actor said they were surprised they were being written out of the show. But no one knows for sure who that was. Many have speculated Ciaran. Have you seen firm confirmation?

DJ's left nut 04-16-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11440633)
Can you link that?

I've seen (was it EW?) that an anonymous actor said they were surprised they were being written out of the show. But no one knows for sure who that was. Many have speculated Ciaran. Have you seen firm confirmation?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/12...ce-rayder-dead

Quote:

In George R.R. Martin’s books, Mance’s death at the stake is a trick, and he returns later. But the sense I’ve been getting is you’re done on the show.
Yeah. In the books there’s a lot more than there is in the television series. It’s impossible to recreate everything that’s in the books. You can’t be absolutely faithful to the book, and why would you want to be? It’s a different medium. You have to make decisions and bold decisions and there are so many other characters, that there is enough in the pot. I imagine that if Mance were to come back, like in the books, he’d come back in a different guise, as a different person—it wouldn’t involve me, probably. Then you have to think: Well, in the story, if you can imagine him coming back, does it make sense for him to still be involved when there’s still so much else going on?

Chiefspants 04-16-2015 02:23 PM

The people angry about the changes seem to be operating under the assumption that the show could go 15 seasons to faithfully adapt GRRM's work. To the contrary, the actors are signed for seven seasons, and they'll be lucky if they can extend the series to eight. That means that if the showrunners do not start condensing this season, then they could potentially be faced with adapting both WOW and DOS in the last two seasons of the show.

Spoiler alert, but "faithfully" adapting a book like WOW into one season would be an unmitigated disaster.

Baby Lee 04-16-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 11440478)
Haven't had any of these in a while

Certainly not in this thread.