ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-17-2015 07:52 AM

Fantastic, man. God bless ya'.

BlackHelicopters 02-17-2015 08:09 AM

Keep fighting!

Lonewolf Ed 02-17-2015 08:22 AM

OW! This could have started better. The nurse stuck the needle in my chest that will be there for 2 days and it flaming well hurt like a big bee sting. It's taking a while to feel better, too. It's sort of a tight feeling and twinges until it calms down. I did not pass out, however. My average is getting better on that! Now I wait to be called back to see the nurse practitioner, then go upstairs and wait some more for treatment.

WhawhaWhat 02-17-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11331170)
OW! This could have started better. The nurse stuck the needle in my chest that will be there for 2 days and it flaming well hurt like a big bee sting. It's taking a while to feel better, too. It's sort of a tight feeling and twinges until it calms down. I did not pass out, however. My average is getting better on that! Now I wait to be called back to see the nurse practitioner, then go upstairs and wait some more for treatment.

Need a soundtrack? -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ye-frzA7N0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iBdxN2oy8xM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GUf1pou7OPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lonewolf Ed 02-17-2015 09:06 AM

I think Hand of Doom by Sabbath is the best soundtrack for my day so far.

Lonewolf Ed 02-17-2015 10:42 AM

I finally saw the nurse. She got caught up in traffic by Olathe slowed by snowfall. My blood work looked good, she said. Now I am waiting for my chemo bags, and have been for over 30 minutes now. It is slow as molasses in, well, February in this place.

Lonewolf Ed 02-17-2015 11:12 AM

I was told last time that I'd be taken off oxaliplatin for a while to hopefully avoid permanent nerve damage. I was happy for the fact that it takes 2 hours for that stuff to drip into me, so I thought I'd be out of here very early today and didn't bring any food or a drink. I was just told that I will be getting the full regimine today, so instead of being out of here by 11:30 am, I will be lucky to get done by 3 pm. I am NOT happy at all. :cuss:

Lonewolf Ed 02-19-2015 12:06 AM

I get the pump removed tomorrow and I must admit, the oxaliplatin is making me nervous. I've had twice the dosages that most receive and it can cause permanent nerve damage and the cold sensitivity sucks. I asked my nurse if we could continue my treatments in Zimbabwe until it warms up in KC.

Dante84 02-19-2015 12:14 AM

I'm sure they e got your best interest in mind and wouldn't give you more than you can handle. They just know you're a warrior so they aren't taking it easy on you.

What's next, beast-man?

Lonewolf Ed 02-19-2015 12:24 AM

On Friday, I have to see the colon doc again. Maybe he will be setting up my next CT scan. He has talked about surgery a bit, but not anything too specific as far as dates go. I will remind him I am going to Denmark on May 4th, so if he does want to hack on me, it better be no later than March. I want to be fully recovered before I go so I can get back in shape and build strength. I do a lot of walking over there and when I am in Løkken, I have to drag my suitcase and carry-on about a quarter mile or more to the apartment from the bus top and vice versa. I don't want to have to stop every 50 feet or so and catch my breath like I am some brokedick old fart.

I was told that before my next treatment in 2 weeks, they will test me by having me pick up coins and not drop them, which is what happens when the nerve damage and cold sensitivity are getting to be too much. So far, I've done fine the two times she had me pick up coins. Also, I walk down the hall and back. If my feet are numb and tingly, I'd walk funny or stumble or even fall. I told them I used to be a martial artist and assistant instructor, so it's hard for me to fall down on accident. I shift my weight instinctively and don't fall. That isn't to say I've nearly fallen, though. I just walk slower when my feet feel all tingly and like there are needles in them.

Gadzooks 02-19-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11335473)
Also, I walk down the hall and back. If my feet are numb and tingly, I'd walk funny or stumble or even fall. I told them I used to be a martial artist and assistant instructor, so it's hard for me to fall down on accident. I shift my weight instinctively and don't fall. That isn't to say I've nearly fallen, though. I just walk slower when my feet feel all tingly and like there are needles in them.

It happens to me whenever I sit on the crapper too long. :)

Lonewolf Ed 02-19-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11335477)
It happens to me whenever I sit on the crapper too long. :)

Do you turn on the fan? It could be the methane!

Hootie 02-19-2015 12:39 AM

great news, Ed! Have the time of your life!

Gadzooks 02-19-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11335480)
Do you turn on the fan? It could be the methane!

ROFL. I tend to luxuriate during my ablutions. The fart fan's no help.

Lonewolf Ed 02-19-2015 10:04 AM

I get the pump removed in about 2 and a half hours. I am happy! They always say, "Ok, I'll count down from 3 and pull the needle out." Count shmount, just do it. I LOVE it when the needle comes out. It's the going in part I have the issues with! So one more time of washing my hair in the sink and then I can shower for the next 12 days until this stuff starts all over again.

Lonewolf Ed 02-20-2015 05:40 AM

Ugh! Chemo heartburn woke me up rudely at 5:30 am. I am going to try a glass of warmed skim milk with a bit of honey and cinnamon in it. I drank over half a gallon of water and juice yesterday but still feel parched.

Buehler445 02-20-2015 07:36 AM

Wow man. I don't envy the chemo. Hopefully there is no damage because your big ass is going to be around for a good long time.

Earthling 02-20-2015 10:06 AM

:thumb:

Lonewolf Ed 02-20-2015 10:29 AM

The warm milk did the trick! I got back to sleep and now I am up and ready for a big breakfast to fuel my inner Viking as he crushes my enemy within. He must be chopping away at those tumors because I am gassy as a rhino.

OldSchool 02-20-2015 10:32 AM

Nice Ed, keep on kicking ass.

Easy 6 02-20-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11337998)
The warm milk did the trick! I got back to sleep and now I am up and ready for a big breakfast to fuel my inner Viking as he crushes my enemy within. He must be chopping away at those tumors because I am gassy as a rhino.

LMAO sounds like your inner Eric the Red enjoyed that milk.

Braincase 02-20-2015 10:43 AM

I hope you can post good news threads for years to come.

Meatloaf 02-20-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 11338050)
I hope you can post good news threads for years to come.

Ditto this!!!

Lonewolf Ed 02-20-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11338009)
LMAO sounds like your inner Eric the Red enjoyed that milk.

Actually, I read about it and gas is a side effect of the oxaliplatin. As long as it is DRY gas, it is about the only side effect I look forward to!

Mother****erJones 02-20-2015 11:51 AM

Good shit Ed! Keep going buddy

Lonewolf Ed 03-03-2015 07:50 AM

I arrived early at the cancer center so now I sit waiting for the nurse to call me in to jab me with the curved needle and take blood and getting me set up for my 13th treatment. I hope they take me off the oxaliplatin today. That stuff has been kicking my ass the past three times.

stumppy 03-03-2015 08:22 AM

Hang in there man.

Lonewolf Ed 03-03-2015 08:23 AM

So far, so great! I got a male nurse today and he was terrific. The needle into my chest was one of the most pleasant, if that makes sense, since my first time here. I'd say it was between a mosquito bite and a bee sting. It took far less time to settle down, the feeling of having a needle stuck in my chest, where it will stay for 2 days. I told him he did a great job and I am happy. I haven't seen the doc yet, but so far, so great, as I mentioned.

Perineum Ripper 03-03-2015 09:03 AM

I'm happy to hear things are getting better man..keep kicking ass

Besides you can't die..you got many more years of watching the Chiefs **** themselves

Lonewolf Ed 03-03-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 11357395)
I'm happy to hear things are getting better man..keep kicking ass

Besides you can't die..you got many more years of watching the Chiefs **** themselves

It may be what started my cancer off in the first place!

wazu 03-03-2015 10:35 AM

Keep fighting bud. Since you didn't get a hot female nurse, glad to know the one you did get is at least a good one.

Lonewolf Ed 03-03-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11357534)
Keep fighting bud. Since you didn't get a hot female nurse, glad to know the one you did get is at least a good one.

I will gladly take him over any hot nurse if he keeps on like he did today! The hot nurses are all upstairs in the treatment area, anyway, so it's win-win for me. Now where are Caroline and Amanda today??

Meatloaf 03-03-2015 12:06 PM

Atta boy, Ed. Keep on keepin' on!!!

Lonewolf Ed 03-03-2015 12:43 PM

Groan! I am off the oxapilatin, but they ran that bag with another and it ALSO takes two hours, so I am never going to get out of this place early. I didn't say much to the nurse when she told me the leucovorin takes 2 hours, but inside, I screamed, "Son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!" :mad:

Buehler445 03-03-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11357356)
So far, so great! I got a male nurse today and he was terrific. The needle into my chest was one of the most pleasant, if that makes sense, since my first time here. I'd say it was between a mosquito bite and a bee sting. It took far less time to settle down, the feeling of having a needle stuck in my chest, where it will stay for 2 days. I told him he did a great job and I am happy. I haven't seen the doc yet, but so far, so great, as I mentioned.

Glad it went well. Good on you for telling the nurse he did a good job. I don't know how much they appreciate it, but I'd appreciate it if I were in their shoes.

Lonewolf Ed 03-06-2015 11:36 PM

A new side effect has hit me. The soles of my feet and undersides of my toes are cracked and peeling. It feels like I was standing barefoot on a hot sidewalk for too long and I hobble around slowly when I walk because it HURTS! I've put skin lotion on them 5 times today, which has helped a very tiny bit. This cancer is pissing me off even more.

Gadzooks 03-06-2015 11:48 PM

This sounds like eczema. There are wonder lotions that may help. Talk to your doctor for a prescription - I hope this helps.

Lonewolf Ed 03-07-2015 12:10 AM

It's actually a common side effect, but it took 13 treatments to zap me. It's mostly just red skin around the balls of my feet and heels, and some cracking mainly around my heels, but they've been gnarled ever since my days as an assistant martial arts instructor.

Gadzooks 03-07-2015 12:55 AM

There must be some simplistic ointment they can recommend/prescribe to make the area housing your piggies feel better. :)

Buehler445 03-07-2015 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11365570)
A new side effect has hit me. The soles of my feet and undersides of my toes are cracked and peeling. It feels like I was standing barefoot on a hot sidewalk for too long and I hobble around slowly when I walk because it HURTS! I've put skin lotion on them 5 times today, which has helped a very tiny bit. This cancer is pissing me off even more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11365622)
It's actually a common side effect, but it took 13 treatments to zap me. It's mostly just red skin around the balls of my feet and heels, and some cracking mainly around my heels, but they've been gnarled ever since my days as an assistant martial arts instructor.

Sucks man. Keep fighting. Keep that inner Viking hacking away at it.

I don't know what kind of lotion you are using but you might try OKeefes Healthy Feet. I can't post a pic with my phone but if you have seen Working Hands it is a similar product for feet. When I get my hands all dried to shit it works pretty well.

All the best bother man.

Fritz88 03-07-2015 01:32 AM

All the best Ed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lonewolf Ed 03-07-2015 06:03 AM

I noticed when I woke up during the night feeling like I had to dump 2 lbs. and barely passed a tablespoon (yet another fun aspect of colon cancer... :cuss:) that my feet are not hurting as much. The redness has gone as well. The only parts of my feet that are hurting are my heels, so that seems to be some progress. Hmm, even my tongue feels a bit more normal now. It has been feeling like I burnt it on some hot pizza sauce but a day or so after, sort of roughed up and tender. Hopefully that will mean I regained some of the sense of taste I lost. I didn't lose much, just a bit, but I like food and want to taste good stuff 100%!

In case you're wondering how I can talk of such things as in my first sentence, well, I have to describe my poo to the doc. Oh, how diginity has been whittled away. :doh!:

Back to bed I go until my wonderful colon decides to roust me out from under the covers yet again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-07-2015 07:55 AM

Keep fighting, brother.

KCChiefsfan1234 03-07-2015 08:00 AM

Keep up the good fight. God Bless You.

Buehler445 03-07-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11365879)
I noticed when I woke up during the night feeling like I had to dump 2 lbs. and barely passed a tablespoon (yet another fun aspect of colon cancer... :cuss:) that my feet are not hurting as much. The redness has gone as well. The only parts of my feet that are hurting are my heels, so that seems to be some progress. Hmm, even my tongue feels a bit more normal now. It has been feeling like I burnt it on some hot pizza sauce but a day or so after, sort of roughed up and tender. Hopefully that will mean I regained some of the sense of taste I lost. I didn't lose much, just a bit, but I like food and want to taste good stuff 100%!

In case you're wondering how I can talk of such things as in my first sentence, well, I have to describe my poo to the doc. Oh, how diginity has been whittled away. :doh!:

Back to bed I go until my wonderful colon decides to roust me out from under the covers yet again.

It's CP. Poop threads are welcome here.

Lonewolf Ed 03-07-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11365925)
It's CP. Poop threads are welcome here.

I didn't think of that! I'd just like to go in peace, not in pieces.

Gonzo 03-07-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11366146)
I didn't think of that! I'd just like to go in peace, not in pieces.

Actually, this is groundbreaking stuff here Ed. You've just documented the very first radioactive dump on CP. Congrats to you.

eDave 03-07-2015 02:14 PM

You are very inspiring Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 03-07-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11366244)
Actually, this is groundbreaking stuff here Ed. You've just documented the very first radioactive dump on CP. Congrats to you.

Radioactive, huh? Well, that would explain why my internal 'roids feel like they're being microwaved!

Easy 6 03-07-2015 03:50 PM

A few roids and pant fulls of dookie isnt gonna beat your inner viking... go berzerker on them bastards!

Lonewolf Ed 03-07-2015 03:56 PM

You know what makes a guy feel tons better? I don't have any blood-related sisters, but I do have two women whom I refer to as my big sis and my little sis. Lil sis emailed me to check on me and I saw my big sis today and hugged her several times and told her I love her. Having those two like buoys under each arm has been huge in my battle with the foul invader cancer. I couldn't do it without them, in particular. My big sis has been in my life for a long time. Her brother was my best friend who was killed in a car crash back in 1980 and I stayed close to the family since I was practically adopted by them. My little sis, I went to high school with her, but never got to know her until our 20th reunion, then we became fast friends and she has been like a sister to me for a few years, but it feels like much longer.

Lonewolf Ed 03-07-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11366457)
A few roids and pant fulls of dookie isnt gonna beat your inner viking... go berzerker on them bastards!

Hey! I never said nuffin' about filling my drawers! Knock on wood that trend continues despite several close calls...

Meatloaf 03-07-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11366471)
You know what makes a guy feel tons better? I don't have any blood-related sisters, but I do have two women whom I refer to as my big sis and my little sis. Lil sis emailed me to check on me and I saw my big sis today and hugged her several times and told her I love her. Having those two like buoys under each arm has been huge in my battle with the foul invader cancer. I couldn't do it without them, in particular. My big sis has been in my life for a long time. Her brother was my best friend who was killed in a car crash back in 1980 and I stayed close to the family since I was practically adopted by them. My little sis, I went to high school with her, but never got to know her until our 20th reunion, then we became fast friends and she has been like a sister to me for a few years, but it feels like much longer.

Yup, that's got to be comforting, Ed. Always good to have good people around. You keep on keepin' on!!

Lonewolf Ed 03-08-2015 03:36 PM

I've been slowly building my strength, and hopefully my endurance, back but today... ugh. I was using the chainsaw to saw up firewood for an hour and I had sweat streaming down my head into my eyes. I took a long break and sucked down over a pint of water. I went back out just to put things away and took a shower. I am DONE for the day. I've got a ways to go before I feel like my old self before the chemo. I still have a goal set to be able to lift my own suitcase when I go to Denmark, though. Hopefully, I will be able to do it without making old man noises... ooooogh, eeerrrfff, *pant pant pant*

tecumseh 03-08-2015 03:57 PM

Old man noises are nothing to be ashamed of. I do it all the time. I'm 50 BTW.

Meatloaf 03-08-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11368556)
I've been slowly building my strength, and hopefully my endurance, back but today... ugh. I was using the chainsaw to saw up firewood for an hour and I had sweat streaming down my head into my eyes. I took a long break and sucked down over a pint of water. I went back out just to put things away and took a shower. I am DONE for the day. I've got a ways to go before I feel like my old self before the chemo. I still have a goal set to be able to lift my own suitcase when I go to Denmark, though. Hopefully, I will be able to do it without making old man noises... ooooogh, eeerrrfff, *pant pant pant*

Get used to old man noises, my friend. You ain't gettin' any younger! Nonetheless, I'm guessing that you'll be back to your old self shortly. Takes time to rebuild endurance. Until then, don't push it TOO much!!!

Sincerely, one who makes LOTS of old man noises.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2015 08:22 PM

I've totally started collecting some "old man noises". Eh, it just makes you sophisticated.

Gadzooks 03-08-2015 08:37 PM

I started making old man noises in my early teens.

Buehler445 03-08-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

I played basketball today and I feel PRECISELY the same way. Bad news is I'm 31 and cancer free.

BigMeatballDave 03-08-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Good to see you're more active. Don't over-do it.

Keep kicking Cancer ass.

mlyonsd 03-08-2015 09:55 PM

While fighting cancer you made man noises using a chain saw and you're disappointed about that?

Ok, I'm a pussy.

Godspeed. I hope you have a great trip.

Lonewolf Ed 03-09-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 11369751)
While fighting cancer you made man noises using a chain saw and you're disappointed about that?

Ok, I'm a pussy.

Godspeed. I hope you have a great trip.

While using the chainsaw, the only noises I made were panting and "OW! Sweat in the eyes! OW!" I cussed a little, too. I hope I sweated out some of the chemo toxins in me. You're not a pussy!

Thanks!

booger 03-09-2015 02:21 AM

Sounds like an awesome trip planned! Keep on rocking man :thumb:

Lonewolf Ed 03-09-2015 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11369629)
I played basketball today and I feel PRECISELY the same way. Bad news is I'm 31 and cancer free.

To be 31 and cancer free sounds like the best news in the world to me!

Lonewolf Ed 03-11-2015 08:19 AM

I had a CT scan early this morning and about halfway home, my phone rang. It was a nurse telling me the doc wants me to come in right away. My heart sank hearing that and then she said I may have a blood clot somewhere so the doc wants to assess me. Now why couldn't they have called me while I was at the damned center earlier?? I'm sitting waiting and waiting to be called in to see the doc now. Arrgh.

Meatloaf 03-11-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11375419)
I had a CT scan early this morning and about halfway home, my phone rang. It was a nurse telling me the doc wants me to come in right away. My heart sank hearing that and then she said I may have a blood clot somewhere so the doc wants to assess me. Now why couldn't they have called me while I was at the damned center earlier?? I'm sitting waiting and waiting to be called in to see the doc now. Arrgh.

Well, poop. As you know, these things happen. So just get it taken care of and you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Hang in there bud!!!

ChiTown 03-11-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11375419)

Ed, you are still in our prayers, Brother. Keep fighting.

I have a friend battling Luekemia and he just spent the last 100+ days in the hospital. He is back home today and appears to have had a very successful stem cell transplant. Prayers do get answered.

Lonewolf Ed 03-11-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11375437)
Ed, you are still in our prayers, Brother. Keep fighting.

I have a friend battling Luekemia and he just spent the last 100+ days in the hospital. He is back home today and appears to have had a very successful stem cell transplant. Prayers do get answered.

Thanks and I pray he doesn't have to go back. Over 100 days in the hospital... I could hardly stand the 5 nights I was in one in November!

Lonewolf Ed 03-11-2015 09:57 AM

The scan showed a small clot in a lung and a large one running along the major vein in the center of my body, so the doc is making calls now to get me in the hospital. She's very concerned about it and said they'd run some filter into the vein to keep it out of my lungs. At least the scan today showed my cancer is shrinking further, but it feels like I just can't catch a break. My spirits are not good right now.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-11-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11375651)
The scan showed a small clot in a lung and a large one running along the major vein in the center of my body, so the doc is making calls now to get me in the hospital. She's very concerned about it and said they'd run some filter into the vein to keep it out of my lungs. At least the scan today showed my cancer is shrinking further, but it feels like I just can't catch a break. My spirits are not good right now.

Prayers sent man keep your head up.

Meatloaf 03-11-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11375651)

Friend of mine recently had colon surgery for Crohns. Surgery went well, but a few days later she developed a clot. Back to the hospital. Much better now.

Ed, if you're in doctor's care, I think they can handle these clots just fine. Pain in the butt, but you gotta just get through it. Congrats on the shrinking cancer shit!!! Now, get rid of these clots and you'll be back on your feet in no time!

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2015 12:14 PM

Will pray.

( and not that fake Inmem bullshit )

Buehler445 03-11-2015 03:49 PM

Shit man. At least they found it. My great grandad died after a pulmonary embolism when he was a little older than you.

Lonewolf Ed 03-11-2015 09:48 PM

After many long hours waiting, I finally have a filter in my vena cava. It was not a surgical procedure, more like a big shot. I had anesthetic so it didn't hurt. My neck is a bit stiff now and there is a big tight bandage over the spot where they went in. I might be released tomorrow. I sure hope so. I ordered two pizzas tonight for dinner and they only sent me one! Get me out of this place!

Buehler445 03-11-2015 11:28 PM

So does the filter stay or what? I'm kind of confused.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-12-2015 04:32 AM

Hang in there, Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 03-12-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11377611)
So does the filter stay or what? I'm kind of confused.

Yes, it can stay in me indefinitely, but at some point it may be taken out. I'd rather have it out since it's not actually a part of me.

Easy 6 03-12-2015 11:23 AM

How did the stomach shots go, better than anticipated I hope?

Lonewolf Ed 03-12-2015 11:26 AM

I have been put on blood thinners now and the delivery method leaves a lot to be desired. I have to get a shot in the side of my gut twice a day and it is horrible as it feels like the needle is still in there for anywhere from 15 seconds to over a minute, depending on the nurse. Now they tell me that *I* have to do it myself at home. Umm, what part of needles and I do not mix is not sinking in with them? One doc said there are pills that do the same thing as the shot. OKAY, problem solved, right? Gimme the pills already!

The nurses said they will get me comfortable with injecting myself before I am discharged. That settles it then. I am staying in the hospital until I die.

Easy 6 03-12-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11378364)
I have been put on blood thinners now and the delivery method leaves a lot to be desired. I have to get a shot in the side of my gut twice a day and it is horrible as it feels like the needle is still in there for anywhere from 15 seconds to over a minute, depending on the nurse. Now they tell me that *I* have to do it myself at home. Umm, what part of needles and I do not mix is not sinking in with them? One doc said there are pills that do the same thing as the shot. OKAY, problem solved, right? Gimme the pills already!

The nurses said they will get me comfortable with injecting myself before I am discharged. That settles it then. I am staying in the hospital until I die.

I seriously wouldn't shut my yap until they forked over the pills.