ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311616)

SAUTO 11-20-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13230429)
Potential kff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?

cabletech94 11-20-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13230444)
?

i know. me too. with all our free agents, im walking around on eggshells.

Prison Bitch 11-20-2017 10:27 PM

Soler and Mondesi will be good. Lineup should be ok, Hosmer maybre-sign.

Rotation sucks tho, no doubt. Wtf ever happened to Almonte?

Sure-Oz 11-21-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13230429)
Potential kff

What?

duncan_idaho 11-21-2017 01:47 PM

It would be appear my daughter managed to post to Chiefsplanet this morning while we were getting ready. My bad, guys. I got nothing!

tk13 11-21-2017 02:15 PM

Details are just starting to spill out but it looks like the Braves got hammered for breaking MLB rules in the international market. Going to be several good prospects declared free agents.

kstater 11-21-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13231334)
Details are just starting to spill out but it looks like the Braves got hammered for breaking MLB rules in the international market. Going to be several good prospects declared free agents.

They deserved to be hammered. There's a reason Dayton didnt go

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

duncan_idaho 11-21-2017 02:30 PM

*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***

Biggest thing I saw - other than being stripped of 12 guys, basically all their Latin America talent - is that they're limited to 10k bonuses through 2020. That's the type of budget Pre-Dayton Moore Royals front office worked with. Not good, gang. Not good. They're not signing ANY talent from Latin America for the next 3 years.

That's ****ing brutal.

DJ's left nut 11-21-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13231363)
Biggest thing I saw - other than being stripped of 12 guys, basically all their Latin America talent - is that they're limited to 10k bonuses through 2020. That's the type of budget Pre-Dayton Moore Royals front office worked with. Not good, gang. Not good. They're not signing ANY talent from Latin America for the next 3 years.

That's ****ing brutal.

Acuna appears safe. I'm not sure MLB could've come up with any basis at all to strip them of his rights apart from "**** you, that's why".

But yeah, it seems pretty apparent that they're losing their entire 2016 international signing class. Maitan hurts the worst but that 2016 class was seen to be the foundation of their rebuild and widely regarded as one of the better international signing classes of the last several years. That's gonna sting for awhile.

WhawhaWhat 11-21-2017 03:47 PM

Royals add three players to Major League reserve list

Quote:

The Kansas City Royals announced today that they have selected left-handed pitchers Tim Hill and Eric Stout as well as catcher Meibrys Viloria, adding all three to the 40-man roster ahead of today's reserve list deadline.

Hill, 27, was a 32nd-round selection in the 2014 First-Year Player Draft. He spent a majority of the 2017 season at Northwest Arkansas (AA), going 1-2 with a 4.17 ERA (32 ER in 69.0 IP), recording 75 strikeouts compared to 19 walks. He also made four appearances at Wilmington (A).

Stout, 24, spent the entire year at Omaha (AAA), going 5-2 with a 2.99 ERA (23 ER in 69.1 IP), also collecting five saves in 45 appearances (one start). He was the Royals' 13th-round selection in the 2014 First-Year Player Draft.

Viloria, 20, is a left-handed hitting catcher, who was signed as a non-drafted free agent on July 2, 2013 out of Cartagena, Colombia. In his first season with Lexington (A), Viloria hit .259 (94-for-363) with 25 doubles, eight homers and 52 RBI in 101 games in 2017. He was named the Pioneer League's (Rookie) Most Valuable Player in 2016, also earning mid-season and postseason All-Star honors while playing with Idaho Falls.

duncan_idaho 11-21-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13231397)
Acuna appears safe. I'm not sure MLB could've come up with any basis at all to strip them of his rights apart from "**** you, that's why".

But yeah, it seems pretty apparent that they're losing their entire 2016 international signing class. Maitan hurts the worst but that 2016 class was seen to be the foundation of their rebuild and widely regarded as one of the better international signing classes of the last several years. That's gonna sting for awhile.

Anthopoulos is going to have to move some arms from within their tremendous depth of Starting Pitching prospects to supplement the bats now.

Albies , Swanson, Acuna, and Freeman are a nice grouping, but they need another guy or two around that group to really make a run over the next 5-6 years.

DJ's left nut 11-21-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13231619)
Anthopoulos is going to have to move some arms from within their tremendous depth of Starting Pitching prospects to supplement the bats now.

Albies , Swanson, Acuna, and Freeman are a nice grouping, but they need another guy or two around that group to really make a run over the next 5-6 years.

The problem is that Swanson may not actually be that good afterall. I like Albies well enough but you always get a little wary when someone performs a lot better over a small sample as you expected (then again, not falling flat on your face as a 20 yr old in the big leagues is pretty damn impressive either way).

Honestly, if they could move Freeman they would be wise to do so. This whole thing puts their rebuild behind Freeman's prime. They need to re-set their clock to 4-5 years away because if nothing else this costs them a ton of organizational capital that could've been flipped to help the big league roster now.

I know you don't want to rebuild right after a rebuild, but if they could flip Freeman and Inciarte for the kind of hauls that Eaton returned, they could get their age/service time all lined back up for a push in 2022 or so.

I don't see a path forward for a team centered on Freeman and I think Inciarte's contract makes him too valuable to hold on to for a 90 loss team. When the Cardinals inevitably strike out on Stanton due to organizational cowardice/hubris, they would be well served to package some of that prospect/pitching depth and make a call to Atlanta to see if Reyes/Freeman gets some traction. Freeman's probably worth about $25-30 million more than his contract over the next 4 years which isn't a ton of surplus value but it certainly carries some weight. Reyes comes with 5 years of control, though one of them will be hampered by his rehab next season. 4 'full boat' years of Reyes at pre-arb/arb levels is probably a pretty nice return for 4 years of Freeman at an 80% discount.

And if Inciarte could be moved to a team like the Yankees who could use a table-setter and longer term answer in CF. If they can get Otani, they may well be willing to make a move like Sheffield and Acevedo for a nice young CFer with a ton of under-valued team control like Inciarte.

Suddenly the Braves would have a hell of a lot of young arm talent in their system and have freed up some payroll to make another move in a couple years when their rebuild will have clearer picture. I know arms were already their strength but I think that's how you have to operate if you're rebuilding. Get the pitching, find out what your foundation is (due to the attrition rate of arms) and then if needed, supplement with trades.

Things are just too hazy for them to move arms right now, IMO.

Kidd Lex 11-21-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13231242)
It would be appear my daughter managed to post to Chiefsplanet this morning while we were getting ready. My bad, guys. I got nothing!

She’s still a better poster than most on the main board

Prison Bitch 11-21-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13231242)

Better takes: me or her?

Titty Meat 11-21-2017 05:28 PM

I can't believe they are going to try and re-sign Hosmer. Huge mistake blow this thing up like the Astros did.

BigCatDaddy 11-21-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13231816)
I can't believe they are going to try and re-sign Hosmer. Huge mistake blow this thing up like the Astros did.

And the A's!

DJ's left nut 11-21-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13231816)

They are going to price enforce and make sure they at least make a public effort. If the market doesn't come together and they can get him cheaper than expected, they'll be there.

But if Boras gets his bidding war, the Royals will bow out pretty quickly. I don't expect they'll go over 5/$100 and I figure he'll demand more term than that.

Titty Meat 11-21-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13231945)
They are going to price enforce and make sure they at least make a public effort. If the market doesn't come together and they can get him cheaper than expected, they'll be there.

But if Boras gets his bidding war, the Royals will bow out pretty quickly. I don't expect they'll go over 5/$100 and I figure he'll demand more term than that.

I remember when the market didn't come together for Gordon either. Not saying he will be that bad but in 3-5 years he will suffer from a sharpe decline. That's deveststing for a team like the Royals.

duncan_idaho 11-21-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13231792)
Better takes: me or her?

You, for sure. Terrible 2s times 2.

Coach 11-21-2017 09:36 PM

What the Royals should do is take a real good look into those prospects from the Braves that are declared free-agents. They're definitely young and wouldn't cost much, IMHO.

Prison Bitch 11-21-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13232016)
You, for sure. Terrible 2s times 2.

3 is worse. I was warned, didn't believe, but now I'm warning you.

The whining becomes "No!"

dmahurin 11-22-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13232210)

3 is definitely worse.

duncan_idaho 11-22-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13232210)

I believe it. Everyone says it. Our daughter is strong-willed and already very fond of "No." they're both strong-willed, for that matter.

Re: Maitan, yes, KC should absolutely look at signing him if they have the space available in their 2018 pool (some of that has already been planned/allocated, I'd imagine. Have to protest relationships and can't easily just back out of things).

Pablo 11-22-2017 07:13 AM

Your daughter's post in this thread was better than anything Dane posted earlier, so she's got that going for her.

RockChalk 11-22-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13232469)
Your daughter's post in this thread was better than anything Dane posted earlier, so she's got that going for her.

Hey, **** you, you ****ing **** ****. Nobody ****ing ****s with me that ****ing way. Dumbsh*t mother****er

WhawhaWhat 11-22-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13232561)
Hey, **** you, you ****ing **** ****. Nobody ****ing ****s with me that ****ing way. Dumbsh*t mother****er

Are you Dane's daughter?

RockChalk 11-22-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13232579)
Are you Dane's daughter?

:D

RealSNR 11-22-2017 10:49 AM

Duncan, your daughter just sent me a neg rep that said, "nhdsd swimming erdsdfsd GET AIDS, BITCH!!!!"

duncan_idaho 11-22-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13232724)
Duncan, your daughter just sent me a neg rep that said, "nhdsd swimming erdsdfsd GET AIDS, BITCH!!!!"

Sounds accurate. She's salty.

Prison Bitch 11-22-2017 11:02 AM

Hootie just asked Duncan's daughter for $5 to join his new Fanduel team

DeepSouth 11-22-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13232766)
Hootie just asked Duncan's daughter for $5 to join his new Fanduel team

Now that's funny !!!

tk13 11-22-2017 09:35 PM

http://www.610sports.com/media/audio...n-moore-studio

Dayton spent an hour with 610 this morning. Covered a lot of ground.

-Still seemed optimistic about Hosmer. Talked way more about him than any other player, by far. They're going to let the market come to them. These things take a long time to play out. Defended his defensive metrics. Said their analytics guys like him.
-Said payroll will probably come down to 110-120 million. But he seems to say that every year. Said they overspent their budget the last two years trying to put a championship team together and it didn't work.
-Made it clear they were not going to tank like some people think they should.
-Despite that, he seemed to talk like if Hosmer leaves, they might just let the other guys walk and start over.
-Talked a fair bit about how they can't build a team now like they built the last great farm system. Before they could budget and outspend other teams in the draft and now that's against the rules. Said the best way to acquire that kind of talent now is to have high draft picks.
-Spoke highly of Nicky Lopez. Said there was a lot of interest in him at the trade deadline but they decided from the start that they would not trade him.

Also talked a lot about Ned Yost getting hurt, and the Chiefs.

Sure-Oz 11-25-2017 08:00 AM

If Hosmer isn't back I hope they sign Logan Morrison

petegz28 11-25-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13235966)

Not sure if I'd want Hos or Moose. Moose's power would be nice but Hos is probably to more well-rounded player

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TambaBerry 11-25-2017 11:01 AM

Is it bad that I really hope none of them come back?

OKchiefs 11-25-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13236089)
Is it bad that I really hope none of them come back?

I don't want them back. We're still a bad team with them and we don't have many reinforcements coming any time soon.

Demonpenz 11-25-2017 12:58 PM

Leadership is overrated but Hosmer is pretty good at Manning the ship

ChiefsCountry 11-25-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13236147)
I don't want them back. We're still a bad team with them and we don't have many reinforcements coming any time soon.

Whose mult is this?

BWillie 11-25-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13235966)

I hope they sign absolutely no one and trade everyone of value.

Trust the process.

Al Bundy 12-01-2017 05:41 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Royals let Terrance Gore become a free agent, sign Mike Morin to one-year contract <a href="https://t.co/eKDBL8Zw4I">https://t.co/eKDBL8Zw4I</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/936740247500619776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shogun 12-01-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13252528)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Royals let Terrance Gore become a free agent, sign Mike Morin to one-year contract <a href="https://t.co/eKDBL8Zw4I">https://t.co/eKDBL8Zw4I</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/936740247500619776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All of our heroes are dead.

Dunit35 12-01-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

My wife is going to be pissed.

PHOG 12-01-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Pfft

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2017 08:13 PM

I saw game 2 of the 2014 ALDS in Anaheim and remember Gore stealing 2nd. We were above first base, upper deck.

I've never seen a human being run that fast in my life. And he hit 2nd base so hard I thought that either his leg, the base, or both, would literally explode.

duncan_idaho 12-03-2017 07:53 PM

Gore was re-signed to a minor league deal.

Shohei Otani cuts are starting to come out. Boston, New York, ChiSox, Tampa, Arizona, Minnesota all notably eliminated (Twins and Yanks had the biggest bonus pools). Several other teams also reportedly eliminated.

Royals are one of 15 or so to make the cut. He's said to be looking for a small market team, preferably on the West Coast. Think that pretty much has to mean Seattle.

But hey. It's cool. This is like when a non-blue blood college football makes the initial cut to 20 teams for the top player in the country.

Prison Bitch 12-03-2017 11:39 PM

Eric Hosmer hit .318 with 25 homers and won his fourth Gold Glove. His agent, Scott Boras, has been casting Hosmer as a human ticket into the postseason because of Hosmer’s leadership and history of success with the Royals.

But as with Cozart, there appear to be very few potential bidders because so many big-market teams look set at first base:

Yankees: Greg Bird

Phillies: Rhys Hoskins

Nationals: Ryan Zimmerman

Dodgers: Cody Bellinger

Diamondbacks: Paul Goldschmidt

Orioles: Chris Davis

Cubs: Anthony Rizzo

Astros: Yuli Gurriel

Braves: Freddie Freeman

Jays: Justin Smoak

The Giants might prefer an upgrade on Brandon Belt, but he’s early in a long-term contract, and San Francisco is focused on Giancarlo Stanton for the moment. The Mets are looking for a short-term investment at first.

The Red Sox need a first baseman and are talking with the White Sox about Jose Abreu, plus they might simply be scared off by Hosmer’s high price tag. “If the Red Sox aren’t in on Hosmer,” a longtime agent said, “he could be in a tough spot. He needs the Red Sox almost as much as the Red Sox could use him.” Hosmer has been linked to the Padres as well, and San Diego has payroll flexibility, but the Padres also have a first baseman, Wil Myers, under a long-term contract.

What's more, the list of free-agent first basemen who will be less expensive than Hosmer is long: Carlos Santana, Yonder Alonso, Lucas Duda, Adam Lind, Mitch Moreland, Logan Morrison, Mark Reynolds and Mike Napoli.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buster-olne...ith-contenders

Forgot Texas. Also, NYY doesn't want Greg Bird at 1B anyway

Sure-Oz 12-04-2017 08:46 PM

@Ken_Rosenthal: Free-agent left-hander Mike Minor in agreement with #Rangers, sources tell The Athletic. Terms not known. Performance as reliever last season, background as starter gives Texas options.

petegz28 12-04-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13262653)
@Ken_Rosenthal: Free-agent left-hander Mike Minor in agreement with #Rangers, sources tell The Athletic. Terms not known. Performance as reliever last season, background as starter gives Texas options.

That's not good....

Sure-Oz 12-04-2017 09:11 PM

@JeffPassan: Mike Minor has a multiyear deal with the Rangers and is expected to start, as sources confirm @Ken_Rosenthal report. And this may be the signing that breaks the free agent dam. There’s a lot of movement in the pitching market happening now, and it may start to move quickly here.

duncan_idaho 12-04-2017 10:25 PM

I just can't see Minor's shoulder holding up to a starting workload any longer. He could never get built up consistently to 100 pitches in multiple outings in a row at Omaha in 16. But good on him.

blake5676 12-05-2017 10:00 AM

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/...70180097171457

Little bit of action on the Royals front this morning. Nice to see Dayton trying to snag some of that Braves talent they had to forfeit. Guess this takes us out of the Ohtani sweepstakes though :D

Al Bundy 12-05-2017 10:27 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">18-year-old Dominican RHP Yefri Del Rosario signs with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Royals</a>. First of 12 former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Braves</a> prospects to sign with another team. Originally signed with <a href="https://twitter.com/Braves?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Braves</a> for $1 million during 2016-17 period. Posted 3.62 ERA, 1.39 WHIP between DSL &amp; GCL in <a href="https://twitter.com/MiLB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MiLB</a> debut this year. <a href="https://t.co/OX90iN9ePY">https://t.co/OX90iN9ePY</a></p>&mdash; MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/938077050862268416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

siberian khatru 12-05-2017 10:33 AM

@JesseSanchezMLB: Rosario had multiple offers and turned down more money to sign with KC. The reason? His baseball idol was Yordano Ventura and he wants to pitch in the same organization where his hero once pitched.

Chiefspants 12-05-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13263314)
@JesseSanchezMLB: Rosario had multiple offers and turned down more money to sign with KC. The reason? His baseball idol was Yordano Ventura and he wants to pitch in the same organization where his hero once pitched.

Chills. Imagine how many kids in LA watched YV just absolutely dominate the 2014 WS AND 2015 ALCS. Pretty amazing to see his legacy live on in this way.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13263339)
Chills. Imagine how many kids in LA watched YV just absolutely dominate the 2014 WS AND 2015 ALCS. Pretty amazing to see his legacy live on in this way.

If we had Ventura last year, we would have been a wild card team IMO.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2017 10:51 AM

On to Royals tv rights. Disney is close to buying Fox's regional sports networks. Hello ESPN Kansas City.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

dallaschiefsfan 12-05-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13262696)
@JeffPassan: Mike Minor has a multiyear deal with the Rangers and is expected to start, as sources confirm @Ken_Rosenthal report. And this may be the signing that breaks the free agent dam. There’s a lot of movement in the pitching market happening now, and it may start to move quickly here.

Good luck with that, Rangers. He'll be back in the bullpen by mid-year or on the DL. I'm surprised he was signed so early in the period...especially as a starter.

DJ's left nut 12-05-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13263314)

He was easily my favorite arm from that 'lost class' with the Braves. Real nice potential there.

Maitan just signed with LAA, for anyone that was still holding out hope on him; $2.2 million bonus.

cabletech94 12-05-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13263361)
On to Royals tv rights. Disney is close to buying Fox's regional sports networks. Hello ESPN Kansas City.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

This is either really really good or really bad. Need moar information.

Chiefspants 12-05-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13263358)
If we had Ventura last year, we would have been a wild card team IMO.

Absolutely. Hard to blame GMDM for that, though many still do.

CaliforniaChief 12-05-2017 04:18 PM

Wily Peralta joins the Royals.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...s-with-royals/

Just to correct the article, it's a one-year deal with a club option for 2019.

CaliforniaChief 12-05-2017 04:20 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Royals sign Wily Peralta to one-year deal. Contract details: $1.525M guaranteed. $1.5M in 2018, $3M club option in 2019. 25,000 buyout</p>&mdash; Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) <a href="https://twitter.com/FlannyMLB/status/938165460394217474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

siberian khatru 12-05-2017 04:56 PM

Sure, why not?

Sure-Oz 12-05-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13264344)
Sure, why not?

Gonna be these types of moves I assume.

siberian khatru 12-05-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13264387)
Gonna be these types of moves I assume.

Power arm, struggled as a starter, move him to bullpen -- voila, Wade Davis II!

BigCatDaddy 12-05-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13264393)
Power arm, struggled as a starter, move him to bullpen -- voila, Wade Davis II!

He sucked in the pen to.

siberian khatru 12-05-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13264413)
He sucked in the pen to.

He hasn't been coached by Eldred the Magician yet.

CaliforniaChief 12-05-2017 08:32 PM

It's literally a no-risk proposition. :shrug:

nychief 12-06-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13264415)
He hasn't been coached by Eldred the Magician yet.

His name is Eiland...and we let him go, he is with the mets now.

siberian khatru 12-06-2017 09:49 AM

Boy, some of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

KCCHIEFS27 12-06-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 13265134)
His name is Eiland...and we let him go, he is with the mets now.

But also, Cal Eldred (a former pitcher), has been in Royals management and is on the list to replace Eiland. He was being facetious and insightful all at the same time!

BlackHelicopters 12-06-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13265199)
Boy, some of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

I’m with you, brother. People are wound too tight.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-06-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 13265215)

Maybe you're just too large for them.

BlackHelicopters 12-06-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13265396)
Maybe you're just too large for them.

Heh

ChiefsCountry 12-06-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 13265215)

That's what staylor said when you were skull ****ing him. :clap:

tk13 12-06-2017 11:24 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Royals remain active on international market. According to sources, KC agreed to a deal with former Braves int’l OF prospect Juan Carlos Negret. On Tuesday, the club agreed to a $650K deal with RHP Yefri Del Rosario, also a former ATL prospect granted free agency. <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MLBPipeline</a></p>&mdash; Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) <a href="https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/938610978668736513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2017</a></blockquote>

tk13 12-07-2017 12:51 AM

Appears to be an 18 year old from Cuba. By all accounts he was having a real nice year for the Braves Dominican summer league team before an injury slowed him down. Listed at 6'1" 190, he took a decent amount of walks and stole a ton of bases. 27 walks and 23 SB in 50 games.

duncan_idaho 12-07-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13267056)
Appears to be an 18 year old from Cuba. By all accounts he was having a real nice year for the Braves Dominican summer league team before an injury slowed him down. Listed at 6'1" 190, he took a decent amount of walks and stole a ton of bases. 27 walks and 23 SB in 50 games.

Also showed really solid power until he broke the hammate bone in his hand. Slugged over .500 before that happened, which is promising.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2017 11:04 AM

Y'all got two of the 5 guys I really liked out of that Braves class. Negret was probably my favorite OFer of the bunch and Del Rosario definitely my favorite arm.

That's a couple of nice little boosts to your system; I wouldn't be surprised if they both slotted in your top 20 pretty easily; maybe even top 10.

Chiefspants 12-07-2017 11:06 AM

This offseason feels a lot like the exciting farm system offseasons of 2010-12'.