ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DJ turned down coach job w/KC, wants to resign (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319611)

DaKCMan AP 12-15-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13964395)
Shut your whore mouth!!! All-Pro, 3x Pro Bowl, Chiefs all time leading tackler makes a pretty strong case in my book.

ROFL 1x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowl is not HOF worthy. Many ILBs ahead of him.. Urlacher, Lewis, Brooks, Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, Pat Willis, Zach Thomas. Even guys like Hardy Nickerson had more Pro Bowls and All Pro seasons.

bobbything 12-15-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13963876)
Yep I remember.

DJ is done he is just to prideful to except that yet.

Except that what?

Chiefshrink 12-15-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13964066)
So I'm a Cowherd fan but even I'm tired of his takes on Mahomes.

So last week he rips Mahomes for his no look passes. Says shit like, "I want my QB to look where he's throwing the ball." Then puts a lipstick ring on the hairy end of Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson because while there are not sexy players to watch, they are really good.

OK fine. Then Wilson and Luck go out and and have shit games where neither throws a TD, he says nothing. In fact, I heard on his show on Friday to wait and watch Wilson be the dark horse MVP candidate because of Mahomes "off game" where he played exactly like he wanted him to and threw 2 TDs and no picks.

I understand its his job to be provocative - I've been in a similar business too, but you can't be ignorant or stupid.

:clap:

Cowherd is one of those guys if someone plays too well for an extended period and gets too popular for an extended period especially if he feels they have not earned their stripes then it is time to dismantle the person's play/person if need be.

Mahomes is the Steph Curry of the NFL:D

dlphg9 12-16-2018 01:53 AM

At least he will make an effort to fill a ****ing hole and meet the running back within a yard of the L.O.S. Hitchens is the king of junk tackles 6 yards down field. It won't happen though be ause Veach is a dipshit and the ILBs we have now are his hand picked guys.

T-post Tom 12-16-2018 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13964066)
So I'm a Cowherd fan but even I'm tired of his takes on Mahomes.

So last week he rips Mahomes for his no look passes. Says shit like, "I want my QB to look where he's throwing the ball." Then puts a lipstick ring on the hairy end of Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson because while there are not sexy players to watch, they are really good.

OK fine. Then Wilson and Luck go out and and have shit games where neither throws a TD, he says nothing. In fact, I heard on his show on Friday to wait and watch Wilson be the dark horse MVP candidate because of Mahomes "off game" where he played exactly like he wanted him to and threw 2 TDs and no picks.

I understand its his job to be provocative - I've been in a similar business too, but you can't be ignorant or stupid.

He's from Seattle and freely admits to being a Colts fan. As his career has ascended...his ego has exceeded it X 1000. He'll be all over Mahomes jock when the Chiefs win the SB. :)

Titty Meat 12-16-2018 03:39 AM

Dj had some whiffs in that playoff game but far from the problem. When Jones went out it was over. His side mate Piere Louis overran plays consistently. I would take DJ in a 1 game game setting even though physically he isnt close to what he was he atleast knew where to line up which sadly is an improvement.

Chargem 12-16-2018 05:17 AM

The way the ILBs are playing, sure DJ is probably an improvement over Hitchens or Ragland (assuming he hasn't got any worse than last year). But if they were to sign him, who does he actually take snaps from? Probably O'Daniel, who he's probably not an improvement over considering how fast O'Daniel is and how much DJ has slowed down.

Easy 6 12-16-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13965002)
At least he will make an effort to fill a ****ing hole and meet the running back within a yard of the L.O.S. Hitchens is the king of junk tackles 6 yards down field. It won't happen though be ause Veach is a dipshit and the ILBs we have now are his hand picked guys.

Yep, I fear that Veach has fallen into the typical GM trap of not wanting to admit a mistake with his handpicked guys, stubbornly refusing to make a change in the face of strong evidence that he should

Chief Northman 12-16-2018 10:59 AM

If there is even a remote possibility of DJ getting picked up, you likely move him to SILB in Base for Ragland. Reggie whiffs too often and reads too slow. He is best when allowed to blitz.
It often looks like Hitchens has to overcompensate for missed gap responsibilities. He’s been inconsistent as hell, but so has that whole front 7 in run defend.

I think a DJ acquisition is a bit of a desperation move that admits failure on the part of Veach and Sutton. This Organization cannot identify defensive talent worth a ****.

Iconic 12-16-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13965031)
The way the ILBs are playing, sure DJ is probably an improvement over Hitchens or Ragland (assuming he hasn't got any worse than last year). But if they were to sign him, who does he actually take snaps from? Probably O'Daniel, who he's probably not an improvement over considering how fast O'Daniel is and how much DJ has slowed down.

He'd take all of Raglands snaps I'd assume and if he played good a part of Hitchens.

Iconic 12-16-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13965259)
Yep, I fear that Veach has fallen into the typical GM trap of not wanting to admit a mistake with his handpicked guys, stubbornly refusing to make a change in the face of strong evidence that he should

Tanoh was inactive Thursday. Think about that. That has nothing to do with what he showed on the field and everything to do with who picked him.

Absolutely nuts man.

DaFace 12-16-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13965274)
Tanoh was inactive Thursday. Think about that. That has nothing to do with what he showed on the field and everything to do with who picked him.

Absolutely nuts man.

Apparently I've missed all these fantastic plays he's made. I'm pretty convinced he's JAG at this point.

Chief Northman 12-16-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Absolutely nuts man.

Tanoh has not done anything to merit playing time.

Div II athletic freak. SPARQ star.
The lack of competition and his raw technique should have been enough to scare teams off - especially considering where he was drafted.
Dorsey approached a lot of his picks from the “smartest guy in the room” mentality. Tape doesn’t lie, and consensus scouting is usually more right than wrong. Ego pick.

Easy 6 12-16-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Absolutely nuts man.

The whole thing with Kpass is totally weird, yeah we get that he is still quite raw, but we've also watched him get to the QB for a sack or pressure a number of times with the few opportunities he was given

You look at situations like Kpass or Lucas and just shake your head in disbelief... we need some kinda shakeup SO bad this offseason

gold_and_red 12-16-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13965288)
The whole thing with Kpass is totally weird, yeah we get that he is still quite raw, but we've also watched him get to the QB for a sack or pressure a number of times with the few opportunities he was given

You look at situations like Kpass or Lucas and just shake your head in disbelief... we need some kinda shakeup SO bad this offseason

I think Reid is totally focused on the offensive side of the ball. He is just awestruck at the possibilities with Mahomes. Sutton runs the entire show on defense unchecked and is finally being exposed.

kcpasco 12-16-2018 11:19 AM

Maybe Bob should dumb it down and draw pictures in crayon of which receivers his DB’s should cover.

Iconic 12-16-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13965283)
Apparently I've missed all these fantastic plays he's made. I'm pretty convinced he's JAG at this point.

There is nothing to warrant why Kpass got less snaps than Speaks to start the year. They were both raw, Kpass was actually BETTER when it came to pressuring the QB just based off his intangibles.

Nice excerpt from PFF on how this looked to start the year:
Quote:

According to PFF, 16 of Kpassagnon’s snaps came on pass-rushing downs. During those snaps Kpassagnon recorded a QB hit and a QB hurry. For Speaks, he’s been in for 22 pass rushing snaps and only recorded a single QB hurry.

Easy 6 12-16-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13965295)
I think Reid is totally focused on the offensive side of the ball. He is just awestruck at the possibilities with Mahomes. Sutton runs the entire show on defense unchecked and is finally being exposed.

If we dont get a new DC this year, I dont even wanna think about it...

kcpasco 12-16-2018 11:23 AM

Orlando ****ing Scandrick is gonna cost a playoff run. FU Bob and Veach.

mlyonsd 12-16-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13965300)
Maybe Bob should dumb it down and draw pictures in crayon of which receivers his DB’s should cover.

Wristbands with the WR's picture on them.

Iconic 12-16-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13965285)
Tanoh has not done anything to merit playing time.

Div II athletic freak. SPARQ star.
The lack of competition and his raw technique should have been enough to scare teams off - especially considering where he was drafted.
Dorsey approached a lot of his picks from the “smartest guy in the room” mentality. Tape doesn’t lie, and consensus scouting is usually more right than wrong. Ego pick.

... and exactly what did Speaks do to warrant his playing time?

At the start the year when they both got limited snaps, Kpass was actually MORE efficient. The only real difference between the two is the guy that picked them... and the fact that Kpass is about 10x more athletically gifted.

AssEaterChief 12-16-2018 03:26 PM

Poor bastard has really convinced himself he can still play this game

threebag 12-16-2018 04:53 PM

Bring DJ back home Veach. Something has to change somewhere.

Easy 6 12-16-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13966036)
Bring DJ back home Veach. Something has to change somewhere.

If it was going to happen, it already would've happened

Veach is making a classic GM mistake, his ego has overrode his brain

chiefzilla1501 12-16-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13965306)
... and exactly what did Speaks do to warrant his playing time?

At the start the year when they both got limited snaps, Kpass was actually MORE efficient. The only real difference between the two is the guy that picked them... and the fact that Kpass is about 10x more athletically gifted.

I still think speaks was brought here to run a future defense. That veach picked this year as a transition year and plans to run a new scheme next year. I hope like hell he doesn't want Bob running it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Speaks played a very different role next year.

ct 12-16-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13966041)
I still think speaks was brought here to run a future defense. That veach picked this year as a transition year and plans to run a new scheme next year. I hope like hell he doesn't want Bob running it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Speaks played a very different role next year.

this is indeed the dream right here

dlphg9 12-17-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13966040)

Id take DJ over any our ILBs. I'm convinced Veach has a huge ego. Idk why he would though especially in regards to the defense. Not one thing he has done on D has worked out at all.

New World Order 12-17-2018 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13967172)
Id take DJ over any our ILBs. I'm convinced Veach has a huge ego. Idk why he would though especially in regards to the defense. Not one thing he has done on D has worked out at all.

Judging from the Ragland and Hitchens trade/signing I have little confidence Veach will be able to solve our defensive problems.

Those were his guys and he seems to refuse to even look at any alternative.

dlphg9 12-17-2018 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13967173)
Judging from the Ragland and Hitchens trade/signing I have little confidence Veach will be able to solve our defensive problems.

I don't understand why it's so damn hard for GMs or coaches to admit they made mistakes. Always sending out the same trash vets that continually suck. Can never try out the younger guys who are hungry for their shot and might actually prove to be good. I always wonder how many really good players never got a shot because some egomaniac coach or GM never let them play because they had a gritty vet that they hand picked. It's always so frustrating because teams could just go ahead and give a young guy a shot and save some money.

BigRedChief 12-17-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13966040)

What about the other 31 teams? Are they all having ego issues? Brain farts?

tyton75 12-17-2018 08:18 AM

His mind is worth more than his body at this point. He could get everyone lined up properly on the field and at least hold onto someones foot until someone tackles.

rabblerouser 12-17-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13967266)
What about the other 31 teams? Are they all having ego issues? Brain farts?

I don't think many posters here watch other NFL games.

They'd have a heart attack when they see LBs in coverage all over the league...

BigRedChief 12-17-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13967276)
I don't think many posters here watch other NFL games.

Why do you have to watch other teams games? Everyone should know there are 31 other teams in the NFL. If not, they should be aware there are many other teams. Ones with awful defenses. They can get him for the vet minimum.

If the Chiefs are being dumbass's, Why are these other teams that need help on defense as bad as we do not picking up DJ?

Chris Meck 12-17-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13967173)

Ragland was a reclamation project, low risk/high reward for a former 1st round pick. I have zero problems with this type of signing; there's a reason why guys were first round picks, and there's also a reason why they're on the scrap heap. Sometimes you might get a serviceable player. Cam Erving, same thing.

Hitchens looked like an ascending player in Dallas. He's looked 'meh' here. I think we can all agree that at the very least, Sutton is PART of the problem, right?

As for Veach refusing to look at any alternative-I don't have idea what you mean by that. He's constantly made moves last year and this to find any possible diamond in the rough. Just a couple weeks ago, Kelvin Benjamin- another first round talent that hadn't panned out. Does that mean he's a bum, or just not in a good situation? We'll see. Reportedly had a deal in place for Earl Thomas. I don't think you can say Veach is just sitting on his hands.

oldman 12-17-2018 10:27 AM

I agree, Chris. I don't think you can expect a GM to hit a home run every time. Even if you do get a blue chipper, you can't force the coaches to coach or play him.
That said, I'll take a 70% DJ over what we have now.

Chief Northman 12-17-2018 10:44 AM

When do we hear of Barry Church's waiver wire claim? Tomorrow?

old_geezer 12-17-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13967281)
Why do you have to watch other teams games? Everyone should know there are 31 other teams in the NFL. If not, they should be aware there are many other teams. Ones with awful defenses. They can get him for the vet minimum.

If the Chiefs are being dumbass's, Why are these other teams that need help on defense as bad as we do not picking up DJ?

To be honest the only teams that would have even the slightest interest in DJ at this time are teams with an immediate, short term need at ILB.(Chiefs would fit in that description IMO)

oldman 12-17-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 13967531)
To be honest the only teams that would have even the slightest interest in DJ at this time are teams with an immediate, short term need at ILB.(Chiefs would fit in that description IMO)

Nailed it.

KChiefs1 12-17-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13964003)
WTF? Too flashy? Too much of a hotdog? Cowherd is too much is his own head sometimes.

Cowherd is a National Keitzman.

He loves Mahomes one week & then hates on him the next.

rabblerouser 12-21-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 13963847)
This is actually a pretty good analogy. I would take him over Zombo in a heartbeat (and he can't be much worse than Ragman).

Well, Zombo plays OLB, but he was re-signed when Houston got hurt, so can lose him now (he does play decent ST though...)

The real question is :

Have they signed DJ and/or Barry Church yet?

SuperBowl4 12-21-2018 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 13967275)
His mind is worth more than his body at this point. He could get everyone lined up properly on the field and at least hold onto someones foot until someone tackles.

Fire Bob Sutton and replace him with DJ. It's the ONLY way BS gets a ring!