ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Travis Kelce commenting on Kareem Hunt's release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323428)

rabblerouser 06-16-2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14310195)
There's that word again. You just can't help yourself can you?

Maybe not, but maybe you can go **** yourself - that might help?

ILChief 06-16-2019 06:51 AM

That's why you take the pr hit and keep going

GloryDayz 06-16-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14310309)
That's why you take the pr hit and keep going

So far it looks like Clark has learned that little game within the larger game.

Chargem 06-16-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310145)
Agreed. They can throw PFF all day long and it doesn't mean shit. And if Williams was so ****ing great, why wasn't he the starter to begin with?

Argue THAT one, fools.

Clearly a very dumb argument. IF Mahomes is so great and better than Alex, how come he didn't start his rookie year??? Alex must be better.

I'm pretty sure Hunt is the better player, but the fact remains that Williams had the same production after Hunt was cut. My concern would be that Williams could not sustain the same level as production as Hunt for a full season, but now a few interesting rookies have been added I'm less worried about that in general.

And I don't think the Patriots game really changes if Hunt was still on the team. Maybe he gets an extra yard here or there, but I don't think it has a big impact. Williams objectively had a great game.

Coach 06-16-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14309701)
Plus he is a running back

Had he been a different position I’m guessing things would have gone different

I would tend to agree with this. RB's value isn't that good compared to WR/TE value (depending on the individual, but still) as they have a shorter life span in the NFL. Plus with all those hits that Hunt has delivered and took, I can see his career being short anyways.

chiefzilla1501 06-16-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14310358)
Clearly a very dumb argument. IF Mahomes is so great and better than Alex, how come he didn't start his rookie year??? Alex must be better.

I'm pretty sure Hunt is the better player, but the fact remains that Williams had the same production after Hunt was cut. My concern would be that Williams could not sustain the same level as production as Hunt for a full season, but now a few interesting rookies have been added I'm less worried about that in general.

And I don't think the Patriots game really changes if Hunt was still on the team. Maybe he gets an extra yard here or there, but I don't think it has a big impact. Williams objectively had a great game.

I think hunt would have made a big difference in New England by forcing new England to respect the middle. But as outstanding, incredible as mahomes has been, our problems on offense was mahomes not using him enough. That's not on Williams, not even on Reid. The Pats were giving him wide open checkdowns and we should have taken them. Luckily, mahomes doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14310358)

You're Alex Smith comparison was as lame as your assessment of Hunt. Please try again. No wait, do not try again. Please.

chiefzilla1501 06-16-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310439)
You're Alex Smith comparison was as lame as your assessment of Hunt. Please try again. No wait, do not try again. Please.

There's no doubt Kareem's better. But pretty different from Mahomes vs. Alex. Mahomes is clearly better. Williams is excellent for this specific system and he does things in a different way from Kareem. For that reason, the dropoff isn't as big as we expected. For example, Kareem's very average in the receiving game. Dangerous checkdown, but he almost never split out wide or in the slot.

RunKC 06-16-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14310312)

One lied and is gone. The other appears to be telling the truth and was straightforward.

Nothing to “learn”

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14310513)
One lied and is gone. The other appears to be telling the truth and was straightforward.

Nothing to “learn”

Plenty to learn in that man's case. Plenty. And denying it repeatedly doesn't make it true!

Class.
Dismissed.

GloryDayz 06-16-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14310513)

Nothing to “learn”

:rolleyes:

RunKC 06-16-2019 12:28 PM

Yeah guys I’m sure any company in the country would be okay with their employee lying to them and embarrassing the company on a national level about it.

I’m sure that employee would totally have a job after that ROFL

Frazod 06-16-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14310580)
Yeah guys I’m sure any company in the country would be okay with their employee lying to them and embarrassing the company on a national level about it.

I’m sure that employee would totally have a job after that ROFL

Remember that if the day comes when a Hunt touchdown run knocks us out of the playoffs. It's not like he was a ****ing fry cook at McDonald's who later caught on at Burger King. He's gone to another contending team in the same conference, and despite all the "good things" he has to say about the Chiefs, if you think he doesn't want to shove getting cut up all our asses, you're insane. :shake:

Halfcan 06-16-2019 01:37 PM

^

2019 AFC Playoffs - Chiefs

Browns 17 at Chiefs 38

Pats 31 at Chiefs 34

SB

Bears 17 Chiefs 45

Pitt Gorilla 06-16-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14310312)

Not sure how he didn’t figure that out prior to his asinine mistake.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14310644)

Some people have to learn pride the hard way.

Flying High D 06-16-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14310644)

Mark Twain said, “you can tell a child numerous times not to hold a cat by the tail. But, usually it takes the child to do it to fully understand why you don’t.”

Pitt Gorilla 06-16-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14310680)
Mark Twain said, “you can tell a child numerous times not to hold a cat by the tail. But, usually it takes the child to do it to fully understand why you don’t.”

And yet, some of us knew it was the wrong decision from the get go. It really wasn’t difficult to see how things would play out. I mean, a few idiots claimed that nobody would sign him. Others of us, though, understood that a team would absolutely sign a league leading rusher for peanuts. It’s not like every GM in the league is a complete idiot.

RunKC 06-16-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14310587)
Remember that if the day comes when a Hunt touchdown run knocks us out of the playoffs. It's not like he was a ****ing fry cook at McDonald's who later caught on at Burger King. He's gone to another contending team in the same conference, and despite all the "good things" he has to say about the Chiefs, if you think he doesn't want to shove getting cut up all our asses, you're insane. :shake:

At this point I would be surprised if the Browns made the playoffs. They have already been a shit show and their HC looks like he has no idea what he’s doing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 04:26 PM

if the browns had a legit coach they would be a legit threat. That is why it is important for us to get at them as many times as we can before they move on to a different coach so that we can neutralize them and bring their confidence level back down to dust.

Halfcan 06-16-2019 04:36 PM

D Train will make us forget about Hunt. This kid is stronger, more elusive and faster.

Hammock Parties 07-01-2019 07:54 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rumor has it Kareem Hunt was involved in a fight at a bar in Cleveland. Going to be interesting to see what happens with him if it’s true.</p>&mdash; Brandon Olsen (@WNS_Brandon) <a href="https://twitter.com/WNS_Brandon/status/1145655949803307009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

carcosa 07-01-2019 07:57 AM

Man, Kareem seemed like such a sweetie at first... Guess we all have a dark side........

58-4ever 07-01-2019 08:00 AM

wait... what about the baptism... and the talk of family and more than football in Cleveland... what a JOKE

Hammock Parties 07-01-2019 08:06 AM

let's not rush to judgement...not making that mistake again, especially based on a rumor

digger 07-01-2019 08:14 AM

Saw this on Facebook: "There are rumblings on Twitter that Kareem Hunt was involved in a bar fight last night, hit a guy, and ran from cops. Nothing verified yet and all is so far rumors/speculation, but if true..... YIKES! Stay tuned!"

Sassy Squatch 07-01-2019 08:17 AM

Kind of figured going back to Cleveland would be a bad idea for him.

O.city 07-01-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14330170)
Kind of figured going back to Cleveland would be a bad idea for him.

Yeah, that never really seemed like the ideal spot for him, whether this is true or not.

FAX 07-01-2019 08:25 AM

Hit a guy? Ran from the cops?

I'm not falling for another one of these damn rumor deals. They either have facts or they don't. If they don't, it's not a story.

However, if Hunt is still drinking at all ... well, that's a bad sign right there. Some people simply cannot tolerate the firewater.

FAX

O.city 07-01-2019 08:25 AM

If any of this is true, watch is somehow get spun back on the Chiefs for "drafting this monster"

Red Dawg 07-01-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 14330166)
Saw this on Facebook: "There are rumblings on Twitter that Kareem Hunt was involved in a bar fight last night, hit a guy, and ran from cops. Nothing verified yet and all is so far rumors/speculation, but if true..... YIKES! Stay tuned!"

This would be justice.

Rain Man 07-01-2019 08:34 AM

Maybe he ran into that same barfly girl again.

FAX 07-01-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 14330166)

So, a tweet is used as a source for a FB post which is then cited as a source for another tweet and an upcoming ABC special.

I am now contemplating the idea of destroying every piece of electronic equipment in my home, then going completely off-grid.

FAX

Frazod 07-01-2019 08:35 AM

Kind of hope it's true. I really don't want this shit to ever come back to haunt us. Because it would be so Chiefs if Hunt rushed for 200 yards and five touchdowns in a game that knocked us out of the playoffs.

RunKC 07-01-2019 08:37 AM

WHERE IS YOUR SHITTY REPORTING NOW FLORIO?!?!

PunkinDrublic 07-01-2019 08:44 AM

You know if this happens two or three more times the Browns may not get the free pass from the media that they’ve been getting.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-01-2019 08:45 AM

Careen, if true

Hydrae 07-01-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14330149)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rumor has it Kareem Hunt was involved in a fight at a bar in Cleveland. Going to be interesting to see what happens with him if it’s true.</p>&mdash; Brandon Olsen (@WNS_Brandon) <a href="https://twitter.com/WNS_Brandon/status/1145655949803307009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Honestly this makes me sad. I suspect if this is true we will find alcohol is involved. The man needs to stay sober or his career will be over. At this rate he is never getting that big payday.

Rausch 07-01-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14309686)
They need to direct his anger at Hunt. If he hadnt lied to Reid and the Chiefs about leaving the hotel room, he may have stayed.

This.

What Hill did (IMO) was much worse than what Hunt did. The difference was Hill was honest about it and what happened.

You can forgive someone who ****ed up. You can move on.

Someone who lies about their mistake is still ****ing up. They aren't trying to change they're trying to get away with it...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-01-2019 08:53 AM

At least Hill doesn’t get into fights.

In58men 07-01-2019 09:03 AM

Probably self-defense. He knows he’s walking on egg shells.

digger 07-01-2019 09:07 AM

https://dailysnark.com/report-browns...AC0c9CxpvDFiuA

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-01-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14330207)
This.

What Hill did (IMO) was much worse than what Hunt did. The difference was Hill was honest about it and what happened.

You can forgive someone who ****ed up. You can move on.

Someone who lies about their mistake is still ****ing up. They aren't trying to change they're trying to get away with it...

Exactly! Sincerely,

Kevin Keitzman

Shiver Me Timbers 07-01-2019 09:26 AM

Its all Andy's fault

dj56dt58 07-01-2019 09:35 AM

it's a bar fight, who cares? Pro athletes used to get in bar fights on a weekly basis. Didn't Tynes get in a bar fight once? Nobody gave a shit about that.

staylor26 07-01-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 14330271)
it's a bar fight, who cares? Pro athletes used to get in bar fights on a weekly basis. Didn't Tynes get in a bar fight once? Nobody gave a shit about that.

Ummm this would be his 4th altercation in a year and some change. That’s not a good look and if he’s charged with anything, he’s ****ed.

TribalElder 07-01-2019 09:57 AM

Q

In58men 07-01-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 14330271)

Should Hunt be at bars though?

That’s just asking for trouble.

TribalElder 07-01-2019 10:01 AM

taking advantage of a second chance

Hammock Parties 07-01-2019 10:03 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kareem Hunt likely will be charged with assault today, apparently got in a fight at Barley house this weekend. Bye Kareem, thank god we didn’t trade Duke</p>&mdash; • (@retrobrons) <a href="https://twitter.com/retrobrons/status/1145720850089422848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2019</a></blockquote>

Imon Yourside 07-01-2019 10:04 AM

This is from Clarks Win at all costs attitude LMAO

O.city 07-01-2019 10:04 AM

Some of you guys that didn't like the way the Tyreek stuff went down might wanna wait on some actual stuff first before we blow it up.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and it's not true, but it's not sounding good. We shall see what happens.

Halfcan 07-01-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14330294)
Should Hunt be at bars though?

That’s just asking for trouble.

Probably not a good idea since he is still waiting to talk to the NFL on his punishment. :hmmm:

RealSNR 07-01-2019 10:09 AM

Kareem Hunt is Scrappy Doo

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....ijd%2BdomL.jpg

Halfcan 07-01-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14330304)
Some of you guys that didn't like the way the Tyreek stuff went down might wanna wait on some actual stuff first before we blow it up.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and it's not true, but it's not sounding good. We shall see what happens.

Hunt was just at the wrong place at the wrong time- again.

But that is a good point- let's see what the police report says.

ToxSocks 07-01-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14330301)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kareem Hunt likely will be charged with assault today, apparently got in a fight at Barley house this weekend. Bye Kareem, thank god we didn’t trade Duke</p>&mdash; • (@retrobrons) <a href="https://twitter.com/retrobrons/status/1145720850089422848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2019</a></blockquote>

Dude has an alcoholism problem. Most of us know "that guy". Great guy till he starts drinking. Then he can't stop. Next thing you know he's in a fight. Yeah, Kareem is THAT guy, whether this story is true or not.

And several of us knew that Ohio would be a bad deal for Kareem. Ohio is where all his problems are. Where his hommies are. Where he got into all those altercations as a Chief and in college.

Kman34 07-01-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14330317)

It’s just stupid to go out to any bars while he’s trying to get back in the league... there is always that one guy that has to **** with a NFL player... Probably gave him shit about kicking that girl...

RealSNR 07-01-2019 10:16 AM

I hope it's true. **** the Browns. And **** Hunt for being a ****ing idiot and lying to the Chiefs in the first place.

ToxSocks 07-01-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Dude, this is like his 3rd or 4th incident involving booze and fights.

He has a problematic behavioral pattern.

Jerok 07-01-2019 10:19 AM

How effing dumb can you be. Could have earned millions but had to get in another drunken fight. If its true

smithandrew051 07-01-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

If this is true, the wrong place and the wrong time seems to be any place where Kareem is drinking. Kareem + alcohol is the common denominator.

Titty Meat 07-01-2019 10:21 AM

Shout out to all the resident know it falls here who flamed Clark Hunt for releasing this turd.

DTVietnam 07-01-2019 10:22 AM

Chiefs Mob mentality at it again!!!!

https://insightadvertising.typepad.c...ad40200c-800wi

O.city 07-01-2019 10:22 AM

Yeah, the whole "wrong place at the wrong time" thing doesn't exactly work when you've been in said place about 5 times.

At some point, maybe you're the problem.

ChiefsCountry 07-01-2019 10:23 AM

Where is that smug snarky bastard Pitt Gorilla at now.

In58men 07-01-2019 10:24 AM

Let’s wait for the facts so we can get more details.

chinaski 07-01-2019 10:26 AM

John Dorsey is a failure as a GM and a human being. He has a track record of brining in problem players thinking he can fix them. He couldn't fix Andy Reid and he couldn't fix Kareem Hunt. /Kietzman

Mahomes_Is_God 07-01-2019 10:26 AM

Just did some lurking over at the Browns forum. They seem to be taking it surprisingly well so far...

ToxSocks 07-01-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14330340)

The only detail that matters is whether he was involved in an altercation or not.

Everything else is an excuse. If so this would be his 4th-5th known altercation.

GMAFB. He's clearly not getting it.

Halfcan 07-01-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14330331)
Dude, this is like his 3rd or 4th incident involving booze and fights.

He has a problematic behavioral pattern.

That is why I put "again"

Seems like a pattern -- IF RUMORS ARE TRUE> which we don't know yet.

ToxSocks 07-01-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 14330345)
Just did some lurking over at the Browns forum. They seem to be taking it surprisingly well so far...

Kareem isn't one of their own. They didn't draft him. He never played a down for them. They have no attachment to him.

To Browns fans Kareem is nothing more than a flier.

chinaski 07-01-2019 10:28 AM

So far the only people 'reporting' this are social media/twitter dweebs.

O.city 07-01-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14330351)
Kareem isn't one of their own. They didn't draft him. He never played a down for them. They have no attachment to him.

To Browns fans Kareem is nothing more than a flier.

Plus he's suspended what, 8 games already?

They weren't really banking on much from him this year I doubt anyway.

Frazod 07-01-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14330324)
Dude has an alcoholism problem. Most of us know "that guy". Great guy till he starts drinking. Then he can't stop. Next thing you know he's in a fight. Yeah, Kareem is THAT guy, whether this story is true or not.

And several of us knew that Ohio would be a bad deal for Kareem. Ohio is where all his problems are. Where his hommies are. Where he got into all those altercations as a Chief and in college.

Guy who worked for me in the Navy and was later my roommate was like that. Nicest guy in the world until he started drinking and turned into a violent douche - not every time, but often enough. He was a big ****er who had played college football, too. Got in all kinds of trouble. It was really sad.

In58men 07-01-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14330347)
The only detail that matters is whether he was involved in an altercation or not.

Everything else is an excuse. If so this would be his 4th-5th known altercation.

GMAFB. He's clearly not getting it.

He good!!

ChiefBlueCFC 07-01-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

damn

DTVietnam 07-01-2019 10:38 AM

I miss Kareem :( I really think with focus he couldve been one of the all time greats..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WHhk1L8QGoY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DTVietnam 07-01-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Retrobrons???

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/81516345.jpg

chinaski 07-01-2019 10:50 AM

If the Chiefs didn't cut Hunt, he would have most likely been in KC at this time and unable to get into a bar fight in Cleveland. Andy's fault. /Kietzman

srvy 07-01-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14330340)

Yeah still no police report. These usually come quickly of course they could be interviewing people.