ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Message for our visiting Brown fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336262)

Mav 01-14-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka83 (Post 15475511)
A lot of that is human nature and would happen to most fan bases in the same position. Honestly, if any fan base deserves a pass to be cocky for a week, it's Browns Fans.
They will come back down to earth just like we did after our playoff losses. After the 90s, (especially 95 and 97) I just learned to never talk shit because chances were I was going to have egg on my face.
It took Andy Reid and Mahomes for me to get back to that feeling of "WE GOT THIS". Browns fans can finally take the bags off their heads and that is something to be proud of.

Spoiler!

No lies anywhere detected. But i will say this for MOST Browns fans. The cockiness is only because we beat the Steelers. Most have no delusions about what this weekend is, and no matter what happens Sunday, the season was an incredible success. We finally have stability. We havent already begun to prepare to be off season super bowl champs, we arent conducting a coaching search, a gm search, and deciding which qb we can destroy this time. Life is good. A little sad to be honest that the Chiefs just happen to have a YOUNGER generational talent at qb, but hey. Not being the same ol "shitty browns" is a very nice thing. Good luck Sunday.

Pants 01-14-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15475404)
It really is a slow build up. I saw it last week. The beginning of the week, after winning week 17, it was "we barely beat their back ups. We have no chance against their starters. But hey, we havent been to the playoffs in 18 years, so this is cool!"

To; "OMG, Stefanski, Bitonio, No Ward? No Hodge? we are ****ED!"

To- "WE WON, OMG, **** YOU STEELERS! **** JUJU, **** CLAYPOOL, **** EVERYONE IN YOUR INCESTED 3 TEETH BETWEEN THE 27 OF YOU YINZER BASTARDS!"

To the start of this week: "Its the Chiefs, on the road, we are going to get killed. But hey, we made the playoffs, we won a playoff game against big brother, losing to the Chiefs wont be so bad!"

To today: "You know what? The Chiefs werent that impressive down the stretch, and you know Mahomes hasnt played in a few weeks, and didnt look great against the Falcons. HELL YEAH WE CAN WIN THIS!"

Meanwhile, I am sitting here realizing that Andy Reid is phenomenal after a bye when he has time to prepare. Mahomes is flat out not losing to Baker Mayfield, and we are a team that is awful against the pass, and the Chiefs have a track team at wide receiver, and Travis Kelce who might be the best Tight End to ever play the game. I have no delusions about this weekend.

Wait, what? IDK why but I always thought you were a 49ers fan. Must be confusing you with someone else.

KChiefs1 01-14-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15475536)
No lies anywhere detected. But i will say this for MOST Browns fans. The cockiness is only because we beat the Steelers. Most have no delusions about what this weekend is, and no matter what happens Sunday, the season was an incredible success. We finally have stability. We havent already begun to prepare to be off season super bowl champs, we arent conducting a coaching search, a gm search, and deciding which qb we can destroy this time. Life is good. A little sad to be honest that the Chiefs just happen to have a YOUNGER generational talent at qb, but hey. Not being the same ol "shitty browns" is a very nice thing. Good luck Sunday.

I've rooted for you guys all season but the joyride is over. I hope you guys take over the AFC North but it's going to be a fact of life that Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs will be waiting every year for you in the playoffs.

I think it's great the shit stains are relevant again. :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15475549)
Wait, what? IDK why but I always thought you were a 49ers fan. Must be confusing you with someone else.

49er, Chief, Browns, packer, 90s Cowboys fan

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15475577)
I've rooted for you guys all season but the joyride is over. I hope you guys take over the AFC North but it's going to be a fact of life that Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs will be waiting every year for you in the playoffs.

I think it's great the shit stains are relevant again. :thumb:

They aren't relevant

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2021 12:19 PM

:fire:
Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15475508)
I don't think that's it. Things were amiable for 2-3 days. They started getting chippy yesterday and now today we don't know shit.

Several of them have turned into ThaDix. The difference is that he showed up this way, they took 2 or 3 days to unravel (or unmask).

Part of that is my fault :fire: they will never keep up though

KChiefs1 01-14-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 15475588)
They aren't relevant

They are in the divisional round of the playoffs.

That's relevant. :)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15475593)
They are in the divisional round of the playoffs.

That's relevant. :)

Backed that ass up Herm style, so no

htismaqe 01-14-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15475536)
We havent already begun to prepare to be off season super bowl champs, we arent conducting a coaching search, a gm search, and deciding which qb we can destroy this time. Life is good.

Yeah, that has to feel good.

Bearcat 01-14-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475401)
I think it’s “weird” that anyone would get so upset about grammar on a football fan internet BB. To each their own.

Grammar notwithstanding, This is a tough place to post and talk football. People can be harsh. Especially to n00bs.

Have a nice day my good man. :thumb:

Nah, not upset at all, I'm always that long-winded. It's just the discrepancy between the effort you put into representing yourself as being important and successful and in turn intelligent... and not knowing when to say "you are", is a huge gap that's quite the anomaly.

It would be like someone buying a Rolls-Royce and spending weeks on a wardrobe for the specific reason to impress dates, but adding the dangling balls that you see on the back of trucks, purposefully destroying the image that was being so desperately created.

And yes, it is.... the board was built as anything goes, even when sometimes I wish their was a full time adult table (as opposed to a specific kiddie table).

Mav 01-14-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15475549)

I grew up in a weird way. In North Carolina, born in 79, became a 49er fan on my own. Had no father figure or guidance of which team to root for, in 1999 i found out that my grandfather who had died in 1993 was a die hard Browns fan so i became a fan, and just gradually gave up on the 49ers after Alex left with no real ties to the team, and focused on the Browns, while also being a Chiefs supporter. So when the Browns arent on, i watch the Chiefs, and keep up with them. I wouldnt say im a fan of the Chiefs, but they are a joy to watch, and i love the people here. Same guy.

luv 01-14-2021 12:50 PM

Just now, while scrolling through the threads in the Lounge, I totally read this as "Massage for our visiting Brown fans" and was like WTF?

DawgDays 01-14-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15475634)
Nah, not upset at all, I'm always that long-winded. It's just the discrepancy between the effort you put into representing yourself as being important and successful and in turn intelligent... and not knowing when to say "you are", is a huge gap that's quite the anomaly.

It would be like someone buying a Rolls-Royce and spending weeks on a wardrobe for the specific reason to impress dates, but adding the dangling balls that you see on the back of trucks, purposefully destroying the image that was being so desperately created.

And yes, it is.... the board was built as anything goes, even when sometimes I wish their was a full time adult table (as opposed to a specific kiddie table).

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2e/27...0bfd9a6bae.gif

:spank:

Bearcat 01-14-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawgDays (Post 15475674)

****ING AUTOCORRECT!!!

LMAO

CasselGotPeedOn 01-14-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15475678)
****ING AUTOCORRECT!!!

LMAO

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BackVacant...restricted.gif

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15475634)

Quote:

Damn man thats some grade A trolling. You will fit in well here.

Quote:

****ING AUTOCORRECT!!!

LMAO

Sure, blame it on auto-correct. ROFL

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 15470553)
Kind of what I was thinking.

remember Skip? I was thinking about him while having the n00b conversation in this thread. He said the bar for being a "good poster" on the Planet was >100 replies to threads they started.

I searched mine, I've posted 345 threads with 100+ replies. I'd bet thats near the top.

Since you think my threads are unworthy, why don't you do a search and see how unworthy my threads are compared to others?

*Bearcat has 7 :Poke:

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15475739)
Hammock Parties has 500, including 3 that have over 10K replies each (and 17 with 2500 replies).

;)

He is the top poster by far and a worthy one.

I've said the dude had talent and defended him since way back when everyone was calling him a virgin in his moms basement. So its not a fair comparison to compare a grammar challenged poster like myself, who also lacks wit or being a intentional funny dude to the GOAT. :p

htismaqe 01-14-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475743)
He is the top poster by far and a worthy one.

I've said the dude had talent and defended him since way back when everyone was calling him a virgin in his moms basement. So its not a fair comparison to compared a grimmer challenged poster like myself, who also lacks wit or being a intentional funny dude to the GOAT. :p

He's simultaneously one of the most despised posters on this board, derided as an attention whore, and people think he's a goof. He wouldn't necessarily meet Skip's definition of a "good poster" knowing how Skip was...

And I deleted my post because of an issue with search.

He does indeed have over 500 started threads - the search engine stops there.

The other numbers were inflated though.

He was 3 threads with over 10K replies and another 17 with over 2500 replies each.

Easy 6 01-14-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

****ING AUTOCORRECT!!!

LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15475685)

LMAO exchanges like this are why I've stuck around for 14+ years

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15475753)
He's simultaneously one of the most despised posters on this board, derided as an attention whore, and people think he's a goof. He wouldn't necessarily meet Skip's definition of a "good poster" knowing how Skip was..

Sure, there is more to "good poster" than post or thread count. Hammocks online persona is way different than his real life one.

Maybe a kindred spirit in that aspect on here. Most who post on here that know me in real life and or met me, think I'm an okay dude and different from the Bigredchief one on here.

burt 01-14-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475777)
Sure, there is more to "good poster" than post or thread count. Hammocks online persona is way different than his real life one.

Maybe a kindred spirit in that aspect on here. Most who post on here that know me in real life and or met me, think I'm an okay dude and different from the Bigredchief one on here.

I like you. HE is a douche canoe.

htismaqe 01-14-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 15475864)
I like you. HE is a douche canoe.

Dude, I watched the AFCCG with him. It will FOREVER be etched in my memory. He's ****ing awesome and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

The Franchise 01-14-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15475877)
Dude, I watched the AFCCG with him. It will FOREVER be etched in my memory. He's ****ing awesome and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

Hammock? He’s a good dude. I’ve met him in person.

htismaqe 01-14-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15475885)
Hammock? He’s a good dude. I’ve met him in person.

Yep. He and I sat together at the AFCCG. We laughed, we cried, we hugged it out.

One of the single best game day experiences of my life.

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

your first post on Go Chiefs sounded like you agreed he was a douche. When I defended him as a cool dude, you didn’t agree. Are you ****ing with me?

Spott 01-14-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Did he have soft hands? Asking for a friend.

ToxSocks 01-14-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15475890)
Yep. He and I sat together at the AFCCG. We laughed, we cried, we hugged it out.

He squeezed your butt, didn't he?

KChiefs1 01-14-2021 02:39 PM

Sorry to break up the Clay cocksucking.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where it matters, the Browns are the same opponent the Chiefs had last year in the divisional round but with a worse QB</p>&mdash; Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1349779337046859787?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15475918)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where it matters, the Browns are the same opponent the Chiefs had last year in the divisional round but with a worse QB</p>&mdash; Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1349779337046859787?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Are Chief fans nervous?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I understand Chiefs fans being nervous, but the ends become less frayed when we remember that the Steelers are and were never really that good.</p>&mdash; Eric Eager 📊🏈 (@PFF_Eric) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1349783176181374976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15475918)

Ouch. Spot on though. Frauds.

Bearcat 01-14-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475727)
remember Skip? I was thinking about him while having the n00b conversation in this thread. He said the bar for being a "good poster" on the Planet was >100 replies to threads they started.

I searched mine, I've posted 345 threads with 100+ replies. I'd bet thats near the top.

Since you think my threads are unworthy, why don't you do a search and see how unworthy my threads are compared to others?

Out of the ~20 threads I've created all time? Impressive! I'm all about efficiency.

Oh, and 1/20 in the HoC. PBJ

Slayer hasn't hit any houses with a car since then, btw...

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15475948)
Out of the ~20 threads I've created all time? Impressive! I'm all about efficiency.

Oh, and 1/20 in the HoC. PBJ

Slayer hasn't hit any houses with a car since then, btw...

Ive got 3 in the HOC. :p

Dartgod 01-14-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475727)

75 and not a damn one of them in HOC.

Most of that 75 are gambling challenge threads, btw.

htismaqe 01-14-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475910)
your first post on Go Chiefs sounded like you agreed he was a douche. When I defended him as a cool dude, you didn’t agree. Are you ****ing with me?

No, I'm saying he's the poster child for not using thread counts as a measuring stick for a "good" poster, considering about half the board hates him.

I ****ing love him. :D

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15476013)
No, I'm saying he's the poster child for not using thread counts as a measuring stick for a "good" poster, considering about half the board hates him.

I'm happy your now on the Go Chiefs bandwagon ;) But........

First of all............. how many people even know who this Skip is we are talking about these days? Second............ IMHO he was a real shitty poster............. Third............. why am I using some posters measuring stick that sucked at posting and maybe 1/5 of the Planet even know who we are talking about?

This thread is off the rails......... which is typical Planet.....:doh!:

KChiefs1 01-14-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15476043)
I'm happy your now on the Go Chiefs bandwagon ;) But........

First of all............. how many people even know who this Skip is we are talking about these days? Second............ IMHO he was a real shitty poster............. Third............. why am I using some posters measuring stick that sucked at posting and maybe 1/5 of the Planet even know who we are talking about?

This thread is off the rails......... which is typical Planet.....:doh!:

Skip was the crankiest sob on this damn forum.
Made me think of Walter Matthau on Grumpy Old Men.

htismaqe 01-14-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15476095)

ROFL

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15476095)

Truth :thumb:

Bearcat 01-14-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15475969)
Ive got 3 in the HOC. :p

Yeah, but out of like one thousand threads.

Keep starting Elvis Grbac and he'll throw for 500 yards eventually. :D

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15476148)
Yeah, but out of like one thousand threads.

Keep starting Elvis Grbac and he'll throw for 500 yards eventually. :D

Let the record reflect I was on team Gannon. :harumph:

htismaqe 01-14-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15476154)
Let the record reflect I was on team Gannon. :harumph:

Figures.

BigRedChief 01-14-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15476166)
Figures.

With our defense playing at such a high level that year, Gannon could have made us a SB contender. :harumph:

htismaqe 01-14-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15476176)
With our defense playing at such a high level that year, Gannon could have made up a SB contender. :harumph:

It didn't matter who was playing QB. The team was completely driven by the defense.

By every metric, they were the same team with Gannon or Grbac. It simply didn't matter.

Mav 01-15-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15475890)

I had several conversations with Flopnuts about Clay. It was always the same conversation. "If you ever met him, you would love him, dont take him serious." I stick to the belief because i believed in Flop that much. But the problem with me is I get far too emotional way too quick. I'd love to meet a lot of you some day and shoot the shit. I love this place, always have, and always will.

burt 01-15-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15477166)
I had several conversations with Flopnuts about Clay. It was always the same conversation. "If you ever met him, you would love him, dont take him serious." I stick to the belief because i believed in Flop that much. But the problem with me is I get far too emotional way too quick. I'd love to meet a lot of you some day and shoot the shit. I love this place, always have, and always will.

Shit does need to be shot....

burt 01-15-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15476013)

Another porn I will avoid.....

htismaqe 01-15-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15477166)

I've said it several times, not sure if you were active at the time, but meeting so many people, especially at the AFCCG tailgate, changed the way I view this place a lot.

I still go full asshole quite a bit but I'm a lot more conscious of it now and I try pretty hard to turn and apologize when it happens because a lot of these people I've now met and they're real people.

It really was a life-changing experience, even if only a little bit.

BigRedChief 01-15-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15477408)
I've said it several times, not sure if you were active at the time, but meeting so many people, especially at the AFCCG tailgate, changed the way I view this place a lot.

I still go full asshole quite a bit but I'm a lot more conscious of it now and I try pretty hard to turn and apologize when it happens because a lot of these people I've now met and they're real people.

It really was a life-changing experience, even if only a little bit.

I’ve met hundreds of Planet members at my tailgate that I use to post publicly on here for 7-9 years or so. Sworn “enemies” on here met there. No issues ever. Meeting in person definitely changes your view of the poster.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-15-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15477483)
I’ve met hundreds of Planet members at my tailgate that I use to post publicly on here for 7-9 years or so. Sworn “enemies” on here met there. No issues ever. Meeting in person definitely changes your view of the poster.

^this^ hope we are back to normal next year and can have another tailgate...

excessive 01-15-2021 11:26 AM

"Keep starting Elvis Grbac and he'll throw for 500 yards eventually."

Only if you let him pass and "catch" the ball.

htismaqe 01-15-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15477510)
^this^ hope we are back to normal next year and can have another tailgate...

For sure. Hopefully we can all get together and celebrate our 2nd Super Bowl in a row!

wazu 01-15-2021 11:35 AM

In early 2000s I organized a tailgate with in San Diego with local planeteers (I lived there at the time). I had scrapped so much with Logical on this site he wasn't sure if I would be cool with him joining. We of course worked it out and it was awesome to get to meet him and completely changed how I interacted with him on this site. Also got to hang out with BIG_DADDY at that one. Just a fun-loving guy full of positive energy. Morphius as well. Mike Maslowski's mom actually joined us for a few beers. A great Chiefs memory.

Dartgod 01-15-2021 01:47 PM

I may or may not have met a couple of people from here.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-15-2021 01:50 PM

End their season and next week they are magically Ravens fans