ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74328)

Otter 11-06-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

nurture his spirit, not crush it.
Don't ever forget what you just said there and please, pass it on. :clap:

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:11 PM

This entire Ritalin revolution has it's evil roots in the school's & with the doctors but ULTIMATELY it's the parents who ok the schools designation and the doctor's prescription.

I don't for one minute believe it's been some 'femi-nazi' conspiracy to drug our children in order to make boys less boys so they resemble girls. If this is the suggestion then you have to explain to me exactly how the 'women's movement' convinced schools and the medical industry to have parent's WILLINGLY drugging their children. You also have to explain to me how the parents escape blame or responsibility for the choices they make regarding both the drugging of their boys and the impulse to teach their boys to be feminine.

I have two boys. Their aggression and activity level sometimes makes me crazy but there is no way in hell would I allow a school system to recommend drugs for them nor would I follow a physician's advise to drug them. Nor would I allow any societial impulse to train them in a fashion that I disagree with.

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many 'radical feminists' are holding guns to those parents heads?

Neither Gloria Allred or Phyllis Schaffley will have a say in what I teach my boys.

stevieray 11-06-2003 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyGump
My quick two cents...and I will admit I didn't read the entire "Pussification" article.

I have come to believe that our society has made great strides at feminizing little boys. There is a huge difference between raising little boys into men who respect women and expecting little boys to act like little girls. Men should be exactly that...men.

I used to get all caught up in the whole "men are the enemy" argument of the femi-nazis when I was a teen and into my early 20's. However, after growing into a woman, and having some real life experience, I realize that men and women are different for the right reasons. We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended.

I have a little boy...and he is ALL boy. There are many times I must remind myself to nurture his spirit, not crush it. Gloria Allred be damned...my boy is going to be ALL man.

Now couple that with the agression displayed towards men by girls on TV and in movies.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
This entire Ritalin revolution has it's evil roots in the school's & with the doctors but ULTIMATELY it's the parents who ok the schools designation and the doctor's prescription.

I don't for one minute believe it's been some 'femi-nazi' conspiracy to drug our children in order to make boys less boys so they resemble girls. If this is the suggestion then you have to explain to me exactly how the 'women's movement' convinced schools and the medical industry to have parent's WILLINGLY drugging their children. You also have to explain to me how the parents escape blame or responsibility for the choices they make regarding both the drugging of their boys and the impulse to teach their boys to be feminine.

I have two boys. Their aggression and activity level sometimes makes me crazy but there is no way in hell would I allow a school system to recommend drugs for them nor would I follow a physician's advise to drug them. Nor would I allow any societial impulse to train them in a fashion that I disagree with.

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many radical feminists are holding guns to those parents heads?

It is a shame you don't display that common sense 100% of the time when you are rambling about right wing conspiracists and radio personalities controlling the voters who take no responsibility for their decisions in your eyes.

While I agree with you on the above, your inconsistency is still blatant.

Otter 11-06-2003 09:15 PM

Speaking of Ritalin - did anyone ever see the Sopranos where they tried to put AJ on Ritalin?

I don't remember the exact words and I couldn't find them on a search but T raised his one eye brow, leaned into the school's phsycholigists face and said: "He's a boy, the ****in' kids got hormones like a race care and he's getting a hard-on every 10 minutes - just like I did and like every normal kid did at that age. He's not a bad kid and **** your Ritalin!"

I love his character.

Carry on.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
I thought this was a hilarious, frazod-like rant.

http://www.kimdutoit.com/index.htm

Women, even liberal women, swooned over George Bush in a naval aviator's uniform. Donald Trump still gets access to some of the most beautiful pussy available, despite looking like a medieval gargoyle. Donald Rumsfeld, if he wanted to, could **** 90% of all women over 50 if he wanted to, and a goodly portion of younger ones too.

I'm trying to think of one liberal woman I know who found DUHbya anything other than comical in his aviator's uniform...

can't think of ANY. And that is quite a few liberal women.

Not to mention that I can't imagine any of the women I know over 50 giving Donald Rumsfeld the time of day let alone nooky.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
It is a shame you don't display that common sense 100% of the time when you are rambling about right wing conspiracists and radio personalities controlling the voters who take no responsibility for their decisions in your eyes.

While I agree with you on the above, your inconsistency is still blatant.

Found that San Diego residence for Rush Limbaugh yet??? :D

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:18 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to think of one liberal woman I know who found DUHbya anything other than comical in his aviator's uniform...

Not to mention that I can't imagine any of the women I know over 50 giving Donald Rumsfeld the time of day let alone nooky.

Considering the sexual transgressions of our last POTUS, that doesn't surprise me as your standard on whether someone is a good leader or not.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:19 PM

Quote:

Found that San Diego residence for Rush Limbaugh yet??? :D

You have a very odd way of saying "Yes, you are right, I am hypocritical as hell when I have an agenda".

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

Considering the sexual transgressions of our last POTUS, that doesn't surprise me as your standard on whether someone is a good leader or not.

Looking sexy in an aviator suit (or allegedly looking sexy) is not among my criteria...

sorry. o:-)

stevieray 11-06-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

yes Denise, we knew your position before you posted it.....

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

You have a very odd way of saying "Yes, you are right, I am hypocritical as hell when I have an agenda".

You quoting yourself? Otherwise, don't speak for me, I won't speak for you...

Otter 11-06-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
The problem I have with this whole concept is that you have to allow yourself to become the person that this article is describing.

If you want to be treated like a man, act like a man.

Solve your own confrontations face to face with either a handshake or a fist fight, if you want to stir shit, don't hide behind authority put in place to serve the weak and innocent.

Be there for those special people in your life with a hug to comfort them or a shotgun and a baseball bat to protect them whether it's convient or not.

Shut your mouth and don't complain every time things aren't going your way like a 'woman' (just for the purpose of the article ladies) if you don't want to be percieved as one.

The fact that some are even arguing that society is 'forcing' them to become femenine is the definition of irony.

I know, I'm late. :shrug:

I see we are going back a little further than before free choice comes into play.

Looking forward to reading this in the morning, I'm too far behind and its not somthing to be taken light-hearted. I'm bailing out.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:23 PM

Quote:

Ever hear of SRS? Don't think for a second these idiots in the schools won't call the authorities if you're not doing "what's in the best interest of your child." The feminists and the teacher's union are tied at the hip. A significant portion of teachers are feminists. Feminist doctrine will tell you that "All men are rapists and that's all they are" (Marilyn French, author of "The Women's Room"). What better way to slow down a rapist and oppressor than drugs?

Quote:

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many 'radical feminists' are holding guns to those parents heads?

Neither Gloria Allred or Phyllis Schaffley will have a say in what I teach my boys.

Not everyone agrees with you. You are to be commended for letting your boys become men.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:24 PM

Quote:

You quoting yourself? Otherwise, don't speak for me, I won't speak for you...

Well you dodged the point without your usual attempts.

Let me ask again. Why do you believe that people are so simple that they can be controlled by a radio personality but so intelligent that they cannot be controlled by feminazis? Or is it your core prejudiced belief that the right of this country are not as intelligent as the left?

*not expecting a real answer yet again*

AeroSquid 11-06-2003 09:25 PM

tl;dr

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Ever hear of SRS? Don't think for a second these idiots in the schools won't call the authorities if you're not doing "what's in the best interest of your child." The feminists and the teacher's union are tied at the hip. A significant portion of teachers are feminists. Feminist doctrine will tell you that "All men are rapists and that's all they are" (Marilyn French, author of "The Women's Room"). What better way to slow down a rapist and oppressor than drugs?

Not everyone agrees with you. You are to be commended for letting your boys become men.

I have yet to hear of a case of a parent losing their child for refusing to place them on Ritalin. This whole Ritialin epidemic is not about feminists but about LAZY ASSED PARENTS...

Feminists can be blamed for some really stoooopid policies and views but this is really not one of them.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:30 PM

Quote:

Well you dodged the point without your usual attempts.

Let me ask again. Why do you believe that people are so simple that they can be controlled by a radio personality but so intelligent that they cannot be controlled by feminazis? Or is it your core prejudiced belief that the right of this country are not as intelligent as the left?

*not expecting a real answer yet again*

Russ, the people being sheparded by Rush Limbaugh have the intelligence to think for themselves...they CHOOSE not to use it. It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

sheesh, he has more mind control time and availability than most ministers do. Most people don't spend more than an hour a week in church. Limbaugh's listeners get him 15 hours a week if they want.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:30 PM

Quote:

I have yet to hear of a case of a parent losing their child for refusing to place them on Ritalin. This whole Ritialin epidemic is not about feminists but about LAZY ASSED PARENTS...

Feminists can be blamed for some really stoooopid policies and views but this is really not one of them.

OOOOhhh reeeeaaaallly...

http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchiv...00/8/16/195158

Quote:

One of the scariest stories in the news is receiving very little attention. According to USA Today, parents are being put under pressure by schools and by courts to have their children drugged with Ritalin. Some parents have been threatened with charges of child neglect or abuse - and having the child taken away by the authorities - if they do not give their children Ritalin.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:31 PM

Quote:

It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

Isn't that Sean Hannity? :D

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:35 PM

Quote:

It appears your link is a commentary, meaning opinion piece, with little to back up the assertion or allegation.

I'm not saying this has not happened. I'm saying its not the primary reason why parents choose Ritalin. I'd home school my kids before I'd allow the school system to force drugs on my kids. Do you have the USA Today article?

That piece is a scare tactic cloaked with anti-feminist rhetoric and few specifics.

see this:
'Some schools are teaching various techniques of homosexual acts and some have gay activists visiting the schools, passing out cards giving the addresses of local homosexual hangouts.'

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese. :spock:

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:37 PM

Quote:

Russ, the people being sheparded by Rush Limbaugh have the intelligence to think for themselves...they CHOOSE not to use it. It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

sheesh, he has more mind control time and availability than most ministers do. Most people don't spend more than an hour a week in church. Limbaugh's listeners get him 15 hours a week if they want.

Why wouldn't the same be true of the idiots listening to the feminazis day after day? Why wouldn't people want someone telling them how to raise their kids if they want to have someone tell them how to vote?

Denise, fact is that you are hypocritically inconsistent on this topic. What is sad is that I agree with you, we are not as easily led as some make us out to be. Unfortunately, our agreement ends there as you believe that only the left is not so easily led.

For some reason, you believe those who listen to the right wing to be of lesser intelligence than those who listen to the left. You raise the most ridiculous conspiracy theories I have ever read on this board and you have the nerve to gripe about this one. You need to change your signature to "as long as it's right, it's wrong".

You are as prejudiced as any KKK member alive - you just choose a different section of the populace to humiliate.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:39 PM

Quote:

Why wouldn't the same be true of the idiots listening to the feminazis day after day? Why wouldn't people want someone telling them how to raise their kids if they want to have someone tell them how to vote?

Denise, fact is that you are hypocritically inconsistent on this topic. What is sad is that I agree with you, we are not as easily led as some make us out to be. Unfortunately, our agreement ends there as you believe that only the left is not so easily led.

For some reason, you believe those who listen to the right wing to be of lesser intelligence than those who listen to the left. You raise the most ridiculous conspiracy theories I have ever read on this board. You need to change your signature to "as long as it's right, it's wrong".

You are as prejudiced as any KKK member alive - you just choose a different section of the populace to humiliate.

Russ, I said the folks have the intelligence. I said they CHOOSE not to use it.

Just like the parents who would succumb to teacher or doctor pressure to give their children drugs they INTUITIVELY KNOW is wrong. These parent's are choosing not to use their intelligence and are taking the easy way, cop out...

like Limbaugh's flock.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

It appears your link is a commentary, meaning opinion piece, with little to back up the assertion or allegation.

I'm not saying this has not happened. I'm saying its not the primary reason why parents choose Ritalin. I'd home school my kids before I'd allow the school system to force drugs on my kids. Do you have the USA Today article?

That piece is a scare tactic cloaked with anti-feminist rhetoric and few specifics.

http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/20.../ritalin.shtml
Quote:

ALBANY, NY - When seven-year-old Kyle Carroll of Berne, New York, was diagnosed by a psychologist as having ADHD, a prescription for Ritalin was not far behind. The child soon exhibited two of the drug's common side effects, sleeplessness and appetite loss, and his parents advised school officials that they wanted to temporarily discontinue the medication. The result was a visit from Albany County Child Protective Services, a petition to appear in court, and ultimately, what amounted to an order from Family Court Judge Gerard E. Maney to resume using the Ritalin.
http://www.libertocracy.com/Transfer...lin/forced.htm
Quote:

Salon reported:(1) "public schools have begun to issue ultimatums to parents of hard-to-handle kids, saying they will not allow students to attend conventional classes unless they are medicated. In the most extreme cases, parents unwilling to give their kids drugs are being reported by their schools to local offices of Child Protective Services, the implication being that by withholding drugs, the parents are guilty of neglect."

Didn't take long to find an actual case, and Salon is hardly a conservative rag...

Frazod 11-06-2003 09:43 PM

"Now, men are taught that violence is bad -- that when a thief breaks into your house, or threatens you in the street, that the proper way to deal with this is to "give him what he wants", instead of taking a horsewhip to the rascal or shooting him dead where he stands."

There are two commercials on TV for an alarm company where an intruder breaks a window and sets off the alarm. Of course, the alarm scares the intruder off, which is the point of the commercial.

In one commercial, the family is a mother and two children. The mother quickly herds her kids upstairs. In the other commercial, the father is there, too. And, just like mommy, he also herds the kids upstairs.

RUN, FORREST, RUN! :shake:

Here we have our metrosexual posterboy. Programmed to believe that violence is wrong and that the authorities and his trusty alarm system will protect him. Run upstairs, trap yourselves just like the stupid little sluts in the slasher movies, wait for the police to save the day. They'll be there in 5 to 15 minutes, if you're lucky.

Of course, in real life, the intruder KNOWS how long it takes the cops to show up. Maybe he doesn't run away. Alarm systems come with window stickers that announce the presence of an alarm. Anyone motivated enough to break into your house AFTER seeing the sticker on the window might not run away when the siren goes off.

A lot of horrible shit can happen to metrosexual man and his family in a few seconds, let alone five minutes.

Well, I have an alarm, for one reason only. To give me a heads up that it's time to grabbed one of my LOCKED AND LOADED GUNS so that I can KILL THE fuckER WHO'S BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE.

Of course, metrosexual man is scared of guns, because guns are evil.

So are lots of other people out there who have metrosexual man's little pussy ass in their gunsights.

This is my first little snippet - there will certainly be more. :grr:

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:

Russ, I said the folks have the intelligence. I said they CHOOSE not to use it.

Just like the parents who would succumb to teacher or doctor pressure to give their children drugs they INTUITIVELY KNOW is wrong. These parent's are choosing not to use their intelligence and are taking the easy way, cop out...

like Limbaugh's flock.

You also said that people are not making decisions based upon feminazi's actions but are doing so based upon Limbaugh's actions. Sorry, it is nothing but hypocrisy, not matter how to try to explain it.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Well, I have an alarm, for one reason only. To give me a heads up that it's time to grabbed one of my LOCKED AND LOADED GUNS so that I can KILL THE fuckER WHO'S BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE.

Of course, metrosexual man is scared of guns, because guns are evil.

Thieves will admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Thieves willl admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.

A baseball bat doesn't make a sound, and doesn't give them time to prepare.

Frazod 11-06-2003 09:48 PM

Quote:

Thieves willl admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.

Shhhhh......

You're scaring metrosexual man :eek:

:D

ArrowheadChief 11-06-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Thieves will admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.

:LOL: How true it is

Logical 11-06-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Once upon a time, men wanted women. They married them and had sex with them. They paid for the dates, they opened the doors, they protected and provided for their family.

Then one day a femisist showed up. She said "women should be equal". Men said "Uh, Ok." Men still paid for the dates, they opened the doors, they protected and provided for their family.

Then the feminist thought, "hell, if I got that and didn't have to give anything up why can't I get more?" So she asked for affirmitive action protection, alimony, palimony if she didn't get married, child support if she happened to get pregnant (in some cases even if it wasn't his child), full custody of the children, the ability to abort a fetus without the man's consent, and some other stuff.

Men looked around, and seeing that hookers were still illegal, said "F**k this, it's too big a pain in my ass. Why bother getting a good job, married, and having kids if this bitch can just take it all away whenever she feels like it? I'm just gonna watch some porn and whack off."

The end. :D

ROFL It would be even funnier if it did not have an element of truth to it.:grr:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Shhhhh......

You're scaring metrosexual man :eek:

:D

Good. I really don't want him or his toenail painting, manicure having, eyebrow waxing, ass shaving, 20 pair of shoes having pansy ass around.

Brock 11-06-2003 09:51 PM

Quote:

"In one commercial, the family is a mother and two children. The mother quickly herds her kids upstairs. In the other commercial, the father is there, too. And, just like mommy, he also herds the kids upstairs.

That's fugging pathetic.

Logical 11-06-2003 09:53 PM

Angel,

I can only pray my son finds a woman like you some day. You are based on the opinions you have expressed IMO a rare female in this world.:thumb:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

In one commercial, the family is a mother and two children. The mother quickly herds her kids upstairs. In the other commercial, the father is there, too. And, just like mommy, he also herds the kids upstairs.

Actually, in the second one the man is coming out of the bathroom. The mom has rounded up the kids and dad is standing around scared with the kids while mom answers the phone to take care of business.

I want to reach through the screen and slap his ass silly. Can we start revoking these guys' johnsons? If they don't want to be in our club they should give up their "member"ship card. :harumph:

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/20.../ritalin.shtml

http://www.libertocracy.com/Transfer...lin/forced.htm
[/size]

Didn't take long to find an actual case, and Salon is hardly a conservative rag...

In order for Ritalin to be prescribed and a prescription filled the PARENTS have to believe that their child is suffering from a disorder. Most parents I know do NOT want to believe their children are suffering from anything let alone a psychiatric, behavioral, or chemical disorder.

I don't doubt that there are kids out there who actually have these disorders. I do doubt that the kids parents used Ritalin as a last resort vs. a quick fix.

If they have turned the personality and behavior of their children over to a drug by accepting the doctor's diagnosis and recommendation for drugs then AFTER the drug is being used they are a little late in the game deciding their kid is normal and they do not need the medication afterall.

Perhaps they wanted the help controlling their child but then they got the guilt associated with drugging their child and decided their kid wasn't so bad afterall...

the parents are fuckED up, not the kid.

Frazod 11-06-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Good. I really don't want him or his toenail painting, manicure having, eyebrow waxing, ass shaving, 20 pair of shoes having pansy ass around.

Which brings me to snippet No. 2.

Every day when I walk through Union Station, I am assailed by numerous posters advertising FACIAL CREAM FOR MEN.

Curiously, the guy in the poster looks very much like the pussy in alarm company commercial - an effeminant, grinning little girlie-man who looks like he just wiped a large amount of a different kind of cream off his chin.

These posters just make me want to beat the shit out of somebody. :#

As I have dry skin, I occasionally use hand lotion ON MY FRIGGIN HANDS to keep my skin from cracking. But the day will NEVER come when I feel compelled to lube up my face to give myself that chipper, metrosexual glow.

:cuss:

Facial lotion for men. What is the fucking world coming to?

:banghead:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

In order for Ritalin to be prescribed and a prescription filled the PARENTS have to believe that their child is suffering from a disorder. Most parents I know do NOT want to believe their children are suffering from anything let alone a psychiatric, behavioral, or chemical disorder.

the parents are fuckED up, not the kid.

With the weight of the courts bearing down on you, and limited resources to fight people who are using your tax dollars against you, and with the threat of losing your children...

There are not that many people who have the financial means and the stones to stand up to that.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 09:59 PM

Quote:

I'm curious, how is lotion any different than hair dye or cologne for men?

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 09:59 PM

Quote:

Which brings me to snippet No. 2.

Every day when I walk through Union Station, I am assailed by numerous posters advertising FACIAL CREAM FOR MEN.

Curiously, the guy in the poster looks very much like the pussy in alarm company commercial - an effeminant, grinning little girlie-man who looks like he just wiped a large amount of a different kind of cream off his chin.

These posters just make me want to beat the shit out of somebody. :#

As I have dry skin, I occasionally use hand lotion ON MY FRIGGIN HANDS to keep my skin from cracking. But the day will NEVER come when I feel compelled to lube up my face to give myself that chipper, metrosexual glow.

Tim, I use an old farm remedy of beeswax and olive oil. When I am working in the yard in the winter, it keeps my hands from cracking and bleeding. It doesn't smell pretty but it does the job.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

With the weight of the courts bearing down on you, and limited resources to fight people who are using your tax dollars against you, and with the threat of losing your children...

There are not that many people who have the financial means and the stones to stand up to that.

Simp,

my whole point is that the PARENTS were spinless and failed their children LONG before it gets to the point of the courts.

Jenny Gump 11-06-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Gee....I don't remember typing that it was a "conspiracy of femi-nazis to drug our children". Wow...thanks, but I can put my own words into my mouth.

Many parents are "willingly" drugging their children with ritalin, because as a society, the idea is now deeply ingrained that masculinity is ribboned with violence, therefore, if boys can't sit still for two hours before recess, then they must have some kind of physical disorder. You also have these same parents who feel they have no choice, its medication or risk their children being socially suspect.

I didn't blame the women's movement for the ritalin debaucle. In fact I said the following: "We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended."

I DO know that the core argument of the women's movement WAS equal rights for men and women...however, I argue that as those gaps have been narrowed over the years, the agenda has changed. I do believe one of those ramifications has been the feminization of little boys and a growing belief that anything less than this is tragic.

Also...when you break down someone's argument, maybe you should really read what is being said. Gloria Allred is a liberal limelight loving lawyer who I personally believe has an ulterior agenda, that I don't agree with. I never said that she was trying to raise my son.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:02 PM

Quote:

I don't HAVE ANY fuckING HAIR, so I wouldn't know about dye. But that's pretty sad, IMO.

And cologne? Sure, I wear it, but I have one bottle that I think I paid $10 bucks for in the grocery store. Not smelling bad is kind of good thing, IMO, but I don't go berserk over it.

But neither of these things even compare to the male equivalent of wearing friggin makeup. :shake:

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Tim, I use an old farm remedy of beeswax and olive oil. When I am working in the yard in the winter, it keeps my hands from cracking and bleeding. It doesn't smell pretty but it does the job.

Try gloves sometime. :D

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyGump
Gee....I don't remember typing that it was a "conspiracy of femi-nazis to drug our children". Wow...thanks, but I can put my own words into my mouth.

Many parents are "willingly" drugging their children with ritalin, because as a society, the idea is now deeply ingrained that masculinity is ribboned with violence, therefore, if boys can't sit still for two hours before recess, then they must have some kind of physical disorder. You also have these same parents who feel they have no choice, its medication or risk their children being socially suspect.

I didn't blame the women's movement for the ritalin debaucle. In fact I said the following: "We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended."

I DO know that the core argument of the women's movement WAS equal rights for men and women...however, I argue that as those gaps have been narrowed over the years, the agenda has changed. I do believe one of those ramifications has been the feminization of little boys and a growing belief that anything less than this is tragic.

Also...when you break down someone's argument, maybe you should really read what is being said. Gloria Allred is a liberal limelight loving lawyer who I personally believe has an ulterior agenda, that I don't agree with. I never said that she was trying to raise my son.

I didn't quote you saying those things...

I was responding to a number of different points by a number of different people.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

It's not. Men use:

One kind of soap in their daily shower.
If you condition your hair, it's Pert Plus.
Deodorant. This may have a scent through no fault of your own.
Shaving cream. This comes in an aerosol can, not a bottle.
After shave, if you really f**ked up your face shaving.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

No different than dye or a wig, IMO.

However, cologne is based upon pheremonical attractions - a good cologne makes me singular and my wife recognizes me without even looking. The olfactory senses are tied closest to your memories. If a pleasant scent is caught, it can enhance a woman's mood dramatically. It makes one smell clean when at work. It is also damned easy to spray and walk away in less than 2 seconds.

There is no benefit to rubbing creme on my face to stop wrinkles or dying my beard to hide the gray. It won't change who I am, it won't make me smell clean, it won't make me look cleaner, and it takes to long to apply.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:04 PM

Quote:

Simp,

my whole point is that the PARENTS were spinless and failed their children LONG before it gets to the point of the courts.

Even if the kid was so far ahead of the class that they were just bored? I'm not sure how to teach my kids to zone out. :hmmm:

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:05 PM

Quote:

Try gloves sometime. :D

No dice when working on a car or using some tools.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:05 PM

Quote:

Even if the kid was so far ahead of the class that they were just bored? I'm not sure how to teach my kids to zone out. :hmmm:

Cartoon Network

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:05 PM

Quote:

I don't HAVE ANY fuckING HAIR, so I wouldn't know about dye. But that's pretty sad, IMO.

And cologne? Sure, I wear it, but I have one bottle that I think I paid $10 bucks for in the grocery store. Not smelling bad is kind of good thing, IMO, but I don't go berserk over it.

But neither of these things even compare to the male equivalent of wearing friggin makeup. :shake:

I will agree on the makeup.

I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out what is offensive about face cream for men. I mean, sure, it's a marketing ploy but it's also in the same vanity line of cosmetics and beauty aids that hair dye and cologne would be...

no one NEEDS them but uses them to feel better about themselves.

Brock 11-06-2003 10:06 PM

Quote:

And cologne? Sure, I wear it

bundle of sticks!!

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
bundle of sticks!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

That is a problem.

I think if anything you have misplaced anger and blame towards the 'femi-nazi's' and perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

But then that is an entirely different argument. And frankly, if your kid isn't stimulated at school are the options being passive and placing your kids on drugs or being aggressive in finding them outlets that stimulate their learning and focus their energy in productive ways.

My saying 'you' I don't mean necessarily you as you but 'you' in general.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
bundle of sticks!!

Oh, sthoppppp itt...... :deevee:

:LOL:

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I used to have bleach blond hair in college.

I couldn't do it now, tho. Eminem completely ruined that for everyone. Bastard.

I was wondering why you held your pinky out when you drank your beer..... :evil:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

Don't get me started.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...21&postcount=25

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

I was wondering why you held your pinky out when you drank your beer..... :evil:

I was wondering why you two were in the bathroom for so long at the bar.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:12 PM

Quote:

I was wondering why you two were in the bathroom for so long at the bar.

It was a mistake - he followed me in there thinking it was you. :)

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

It was a mistake - he followed me in there thinking it was you. :)

LOL

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

That's for stabilization. Like how the T-Rex kept his tail aloft.

Hmmm "aloft" and "two ton Dinosaurs" are not phrases I generally put together in my mind.

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:13 PM

True story. My then nine year old daught er is on the playground with a classmate, one who she has spent the night with numerous times, vice versa, etc....girl pulled my daughters hair...my daughter pulls back, teacher sees her...takes her to the principals office, where we get called in and are TOLD that my daughter might need therapy. over ONE incident.

Ever since violence was brought in and ACCEPTED in school, they are starting to treat children like they are criminals waiting to happen....Standards will eventually be so high, we won't have kids, we'll have desensitized robots.

Parents?, that means 6 out of 10 times it's PARENT....something else that is just accepted....oh well, just another broken family.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
True story. My then nine year old daught er is on the playground with a classmate, one who she has spent the night with numerous times, vice versa, etc....girl pulld my daighters hair...my daughter pulls back, teacher sees her...takes her to the principals office, where we get called in and are TOLD that my daugher might need therapy. over ONE incident.

Ever since violence was brought in and ACCEPTED in school, they are starting to treat children like they are criminals waiting to happen....Standards will eventually be so high, we won't have kids, we'll have desensitized robots.

Parents?, that means 6 out of 10 times it's PARENT....something else that is just accepted....oh well, just another broken family.

I hope you told the dumbfuck principal that he/she might need therapy. :shake:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:18 PM

Quote:

I had therapy when I was a kid.

Course, Dad just called it beating my ass.

I remember the first time I heard Denis Leary describe real therapy as "crying and mowing the lawn at the same time" thinking, "Man, that sounds kinda familiar."

ROFL I was there too!

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

I had therapy when I was a kid.

Course, Dad just called it beating my ass.

I remember the first time I heard Denis Leary describe real therapy as "crying and mowing the lawn at the same time" thinking, "Man, that sounds kinda familiar."

Metrosexual man would want your dad locked up and you placed in a foster home. :banghead:

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

Yup, my wife was pissed off more than I was...."This is one time I put my arms around my daughter and say BACK OFF...."

Jenny Gump 11-06-2003 10:22 PM

Quote:

perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

Now, this is something we can agree on.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

I have no doubt that Steve corrected the issue promptly.

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

I still have the written apology from the Principal.

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

Well done. :thumb:

|Zach| 11-06-2003 10:27 PM

Interesting.

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:28 PM

Quote:

:thumb:

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:29 PM

Well, I anticipate my younger son being labeled with something at some point...

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:34 PM

Quote:

Well, I anticipate my younger son being labeled with something at some point...

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

football or soccer...?

soccer moms...another example.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
:thumb:

Birds of a feather, my friend.

|Zach| 11-06-2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

Another favorite...

"Shut up, or I'll come in there and give you something to cry about!"

I'll slap ya to sleep and slap ya for sleepin!

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

Another favorite...

"Shut up, or I'll come in there and give you something to cry about!"

Yup....

No thanks, dad. I think I have already found something.

Another "You'll do it AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!"

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Yup....

No thanks, dad. I think I have already found something.

Another "You'll do it AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!"

My mom used to tell me crap, then expect something different. Her phrase:

"Do what I mean, not what I say."

She grounded me for a week once for some s**t she "knew I got away with."

TheNextStep 11-06-2003 10:56 PM

My Dad's favorite was when I would say "I'm bored." He'd respond, "And I wasn't put on this Earth to entertain you. Find something to do or I'll find something for you."

I usually found something.

Mosbonian 11-06-2003 11:00 PM

Russ:

You handled it like I would have.....I have one for you just like yours....

My son, a 5th grader, is already 5'6", and weighs 158 lbs, and towers over everyone in his school pretty much. He is pretty much like i have brought him up to be...don't look to start to fights, but if they come for a visit, make company welcome!

So about a month ago, there is this new kid that comes to his class...he's about a foot shorter than my son, but he figures that to make his "rep" in the school he's gonna make fun of and challenge my son. He spends the better part of the week telling all the kids in earshot how he is gonna kick my son's ass...so when asked on Friday by all those he has bragged to, why he hasn't beat my son up yet, he decides there is no way out....so when they are outside he starts pushing Jacob around...at first Jacob ignores him, because the kid can't push hard enough to even make him notice....so instead he pushes one of the kids that my son is playing a game with...when Jacob grabs him and puts him in a bear hug, the kids starts crying like a baby. We are called to school to discuss my son's "aggressive tendencies" and the need for counseling and/or medication.

Unlike your situation Russ, we didn't need an Inquisition..all we had to do is ask the witnesses...the other kids in the yard, and those to whom the new kid had been bragging to and we had our answer.

After all this had subsided, the principal still tried to convince us that young fellas like my son, who are abnormally larger than kids his age, usually use it to their advantage and are bullies. And that the best thing we could do for him was to get him counseling now, before he starts, so that, as Barney Fife would put it, we could nip it in the bud. Sensing my wife was going to give the Principal a show-and-tell version of what real aggressive tendencies were, I stood up, told the principal that this meeting was over with, and so was this incident...

mmaddog

Frazod 11-06-2003 11:17 PM

Boy, here's brand new reason I don't want to have kids. All this counseling/medication horseshit. From what I've read here, it seems to be disturbingly common.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the idea of exposing a child to behavior-altering drugs at an early age might encourage him/her to think that other mild-altering drugs might be okay, too.

Am I being too logical for the new age liberal idiot train of educational thought here? :shake:

And they say cigarettes are bad. I'd rather have my kid smoking than doped up on psycho-meds.

And counseling if my kid stands up to a bully? What the fuck kind of message does that send? Be a fucking sheep forever? Don't be agressive in life, so that your peers who went to decent schools and were taught from an early age to win and succeed can get the promotions while you get their coffee?

I think not. 4321