ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News "Obesity is a disease not a decision" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274334)

Prison Bitch 07-09-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9800420)
Stop spreading lies. It's getting ****ing old around here.

Stop being a moron, it's getting just as old.

http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2009/06/818...ose-sugar-diet

Prison Bitch 07-09-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9800418)
So, we are all actually in agreement that it's a decision, right?

No, there are some who say it's addiction.

loochy 07-09-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9800410)
stop consuming sugar. Your body can't process it

Sure it can. In fact, the problem is that your body processes it too quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9800410)
, and stores it to fat asap.

Well no, not necessarily. It is converted to glucose and used to fuel your cells. The EXCESS is converted to fat.

Prison Bitch 07-09-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9800455)
The EXCESS is converted to fat.

Yes, sorry I didn't state that explicitly.

Saul Good 07-09-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9800439)
Stop being a moron, it's getting just as old.

http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2009/06/818...ose-sugar-diet

Calling sugar poison is ridiculous. Literally everything is poisonous. Only the dosage matters.

Chiefshrink 07-09-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9800477)
Calling sugar poison is ridiculous. Literally everything is poisonous. Only the dosage matters.

Sugar is cancer's best friend especially when those cancer cells we all have decide to rebel if you know what I mean;)

Fire Me Boy! 07-09-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

I honestly don't think the AMA is trying to say it's not a decision. I think they're trying to classify it as a disease for education and treatment purposes. Note this in the OP article:

Quote:

"The AMA’s decision essentially makes diagnosis and treatment of obesity a physician’s professional obligation," states an Associated Press story.
Whether it's a disease or not doesn't really matter. What matters is that it's a very real problem, and one that needs addressing. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

J Diddy 07-09-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Well **** no.

loochy 07-09-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Nah, I didn't decide to eat that pie. I bumped into a table and the entire pie and 3 twinkies just fell into my mouth.

buddha 07-09-2013 11:30 AM

It's no different than alcoholism. Being addicted to alcohol, food, tobacco, etc....

JD10367 07-09-2013 11:34 AM

I'll say the same thing here that I said on Facebook: all this will do is allow the Fatties to all collect more health benefits. Now they'll have a better excuse to get a second free seat on the airlines, bigger chairs at the movie theater, free scooters at the front of stores, extra parking up front... "Hey, I have the 'obesity disease', so I need handicapped plates!" **** that shit, **** all the Fatties, and **** this country sometimes, I'll tell you.

frankotank 07-09-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9800806)
I'll say the same thing here that I said on Facebook: all this will do is allow the Fatties to all collect more health benefits. Now they'll have a better excuse to get a second free seat on the airlines, bigger chairs at the movie theater, free scooters at the front of stores, extra parking up front... "Hey, I have the 'obesity disease', so I need handicapped plates!" **** that shit, **** all the Fatties, and **** this country sometimes, I'll tell you.

don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! :D

Pasta Little Brioni 07-09-2013 11:45 AM

Fasting is awesome. Don't eat all day and then grab all you need in a single meal. Love it. I can go till 4 or 5 pm without eating at times and then have a big dinner. I usually do eat lunch, but never even bother with breakfast anymore.

frankotank 07-09-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9800830)
Fasting is awesome. Don't eat all day and then grab all you need in a single meal. Love it. I can go till 4 or 5 pm without eating at times and then have a big dinner. I usually do eat lunch, but never even bother with breakfast anymore.

how old are you?
I only ask cause.....umm....that shit don't work for me anymore.
I used to be able to drop 5 or 10 in a week if I put my mind to it.
****ing old age.

**** YOU OLD AGE!

loochy 07-09-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9800806)

No matter what benefits they get, no matter what society pretends to accept or deem acceptable, they will never be healthy or comfortable.