ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What are you Having For Lunch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133696)

BIG_DADDY 03-31-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Thanks for the Health wishes BD, pretty lucky so far. I think the worst part about diet soda is the asperthame (sp), it has been linked to a lot of side effects. My sister told me about it a couple years ago, and I quit for a while. I noticed less joint pain, numerous things got better.
But, Jack Daniels tastes the best with it, and I like a soda once in a while. I drink so much water it gets really boring.

Seriously when you do that just use regular soda. You are already going acidic with the booze you don't need to go over the top with the diet soda. It sounds like you have really cut back though which is great.

Booze is my habit of choice. It's the area I need to cut back on as it's probably the most likely thing to take me out considering I have it together in all other areas. I'm trying some new vodkas tonight. They are coming out with these vodkas made from grapes. I had Ciroc before and it is over the top awesome either in shots or over a little ice. There is a new one out called Idol which is made from Burgundy Grapes. Had a friend try it last night and he said it's so smooth you can't even taste the alchohol. I am going to sample that myself tonight with a 1964 Anniversery Padron. NICE!!!!! I will try Rox tonight too wich is made from white grapes. Should be fun. Sushi night too!!!!

HemiEd 03-31-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Seriously when you do that just use regular soda. You are already going acidic with the booze you don't need to go over the top with the diet soda. It sounds like you have really cut back though which is great.

Booze is my habit of choice. It's the area I need to cut back on as it's probably the most likely thing to take me out considering I have it together in all other areas. I'm trying some new vodkas tonight. They are coming out with these vodkas made from grapes. I had Ciroc before and it is over the top awesome either in shots or over a little ice. There is a new one out called Idol which is made from Burgundy Grapes. Had a friend try it last night and he said it's so smooth you can't even taste the alchohol. I am going to sample that myself tonight with a 1964 Anniversery Padron. NICE!!!!! I will try Rox tonight too wich is made from white grapes. Should be fun. Sushi night too!!!!

Sounds like you have quite a Friday night planned, wow.
You had me 'til you got to that raw fish. That is sooooo California! :p
Well maybe some other places too. I had no idea about all of those designer vodkas, I thought my bottle of "Grey goose" was pretty smooth. So a Vodka is still a Vodka when it is made from Grapes and not Potatoes? I learned something there really.

BIG_DADDY 03-31-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you have quite a Friday night planned, wow.
You had me 'til you got to that raw fish. That is sooooo California! :p
Well maybe some other places too. I had no idea about all of those designer vodkas, I thought my bottle of "Grey goose" was pretty smooth. So a Vodka is still a Vodka when it is made from Grapes and not Potatoes? I learned something there really.

Actually vodka originated in Russia and was grain based. Poland I believe was the first to start with potatoe vodkas. If you can get any Ciroc or this new Idol where your at give it a try I think you will be very impressed.

We were going to go to the Giants game tonight but it keeps getting darker out there and looks like rain. March was the wettest month in the recorded history of California. I am not going all the way up there for a minor league rainfest.

HemiEd 03-31-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Actually vodka originated in Russia and was grain based. Poland I believe was the first to start with potatoe vodkas. If you can get any Ciroc or this new Idol where your at give it a try I think you will be very impressed.

We were going to go to the Giants game tonight but it keeps getting darker out there and looks like rain. March was the wettest month in the recorded history of California. I am not going all the way up there for a minor league rainfest.

Good friend of mine has Giants season tickets, rain or shine he is there. I went with him one time, fun place to watch a game.

I will give that Vodka a try!

Hopefully all of that rain will quit for you soon. The last few years have changed my immediate perception of California. It has gone from Earthquakes and Sunshine to Mud Slides and range fires. You sure seem to get a lot of it. I was at a tradeshow in Anaheim one time during one of those quakes, damn. This Feb my Rental car was covered in soot from the range fires. Have fun tonight!

BIG_DADDY 03-31-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Good friend of mine has Giants season tickets, rain or shine he is there. I went with him one time, fun place to watch a game.

I will give that Vodka a try!

Hopefully all of that rain will quit for you soon. The last few years have changed my immediate perception of California. It has gone from Earthquakes and Sunshine to Mud Slides and range fires. You sure seem to get a lot of it. I was at a tradeshow in Anaheim one time during one of those quakes, damn. This Feb my Rental car was covered in soot from the range fires. Have fun tonight!

Thanks, I'm getting out of here right now. Have a good weekend.

HemiEd 03-31-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I'm getting out of here right now. Have a good weekend.

You too, BD! Oh and I would trade all of those California weather problems for this cold crap of winters we have here. :D

SLAG 04-01-2006 02:26 PM

Chinese food - Beef With Garlic Sauce , Fried Rice, Egg rolls and egg drop soup...

SLAG 04-04-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Chinese food - Beef With Garlic Sauce , Fried Rice, Egg rolls and egg drop soup...

KCChiefsMan 04-04-2006 02:06 PM

I'm still working on the Gumby's Big Ass that I got on Sunday

SLAG 04-07-2006 01:11 PM

2 bean and Cheese Burrito's From QT and a Arizona Black Tea

SLAG 04-13-2006 10:57 AM

9 Bagel Bites and Arizona Green Tea (With Ginsing and Honey)

ChiTown 04-13-2006 11:09 AM

I headin' upstairs from my office for a little afternoon delight and then catch an inning of the Royals Game. See ya!

:)

yunghungwell 04-13-2006 11:48 AM

3 Cajun flavored brats left over from last night's brat jones. Excellent. Cholesterol be damned!

journeyscarab 04-13-2006 11:54 AM

Ham and cheese sammich, pretzels, V8, orange, Coconut Birthday cake.

vailpass 04-13-2006 11:58 AM

Jason's Deli:
NY Yankee ( Pastrami and Corned beef on rye w/ mustard)

Bowl of Red beans, sausage, rice

Fresh Fruit

IBC Root Beer