ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

007 02-05-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6508618)
On hiatus until April? Christ this is worse than LOST. Why didn't she see the "glimmer" on Peter right away when she all of the sudden became "afraid." (IMO an unusual cop out by a normally very VERY good writing team, surely they could have come up with something better than "she has to be scared for it to work") Needless to say, Walter is going to have some explaining to do.

Yeah, that was my initial thought too. Actually would have been an interesting twist for her first experience with the glimmer to be Peter.

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 6507463)
Good ep, but is anyone else getting tired of the Olivia-Walter thing?

"How could you DO this? They were KIDS!"
"For the millionth time that was like 50 years ago bitch I'm sorry but how many times are you going to bring this up?"

it's gotten a little repetitive

There is someone saying "I did this to young kids" then there is someone DOING it to you so that you experience it first hand. She probably "knew" he did stuff like that, but then experiencing it first hand she finally realized what he'd done.

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6508602)
pure luck. I would be completely shocked though if they don't show the consequences of his actions by bringing the other child into play.

Ok...just thought of something. If something goes to the other side, and something of equal mass has to come to the "real" world - when Olivia went to the other side, did something come back and consequently get pulled back to the other side when Olivia came back to the "real" world?

007 02-05-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6508647)
Ok...just thought of something. If something goes to the other side, and something of equal mass has to come to the "real" world - when Olivia went to the other side, did something come back and consequently get pulled back to the other side when Olivia came back to the "real" world?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Bell put her back in her real world before that could have happened.

aturnis 02-05-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6508618)
On hiatus until April? Christ this is worse than LOST. Why didn't she see the "glimmer" on Peter right away when she all of the sudden became "afraid." (IMO an unusual cop out by a normally very VERY good writing team, surely they could have come up with something better than "she has to be scared for it to work") Needless to say, Walter is going to have some explaining to do.

Isn't that how it usually goes? "hero or bad guy accidentely realizes "power", figures out his "trigger" and learns to control it. Sounds about right, doesn't it

aturnis 02-05-2010 06:24 PM

Yeah, by the time the team realized what had happened with alternate the building, they had 35hrs. until it one of their own crossed over.

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6508734)
I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Bell put her back in her real world before that could have happened.

You're right. Hadn't thought about how much time she was on the other side. Definitely not enough time.

keg in kc 03-06-2010 08:18 PM

Entertainment Weekly is saying Fringe will be back for a third season.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 08:38 PM

In other Fringe news, Ari Graynor lives a block away. I've run into to her several times and her home is on our daily dog walk route, but I never put two and two together until last week. Her weight fluctuates and her hair color changes as well.

She's "cute" but she has one major negative IMO: She's a smoker.

keg in kc 03-06-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583740)

I'm with you there. Smoking's a deal-killer for me.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6583763)
I'm with you there. Smoking's a deal-killer for me.

Yeah, it's disgusting and totally unattractive.

Someday, I'll list all of the people that live in my neighborhood.

:evil:

007 03-06-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583740)
In other Fringe news, Ari Graynor lives a block away. I've run into to her several times and her home is on our daily dog walk route, but I never put two and two together until last week. Her weight fluctuates and her hair color changes as well.

Ok, I've done a search and have no idea who she is on the show. Which eps was she in so I can figure it out.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6583878)
Ok, I've done a search and have no idea who she is on the show. Which eps was she in so I can figure it out.

She's Olivia's sister, Rachel.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3117980160/nm0310966

http://pro.imdb.com/media/rm391416320/tt1119644

http://pro.imdb.com/media/rm139758080/tt1119644

007 03-06-2010 09:52 PM

The second and third links don't work for me because it is for pro.

I thought that might be who it was but she looks a lot different in that first pic than on the show.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6583893)
The second and third links don't work for me because it is for pro.

I thought that might be who it was but she looks a lot different in that first pic than on the show.

That's why I wasn't able to place her for months on end. I never knew her full name, yet I'd run into her on the walk, at Lake Hollywood, etc. and I just couldn't figure out why she looked familiar.