ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV If you're not watching Supernatural... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200898)

Chieficus 05-19-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8625739)
And the awesome part I was referring to was only the bit about Dean being in Purgatory and then Cas just abandoning him as the monsters close in. LMAO

I wasn't really a fan of the "let's put Dean in Purgatory" part... I mean we've already had Dean in hell, we've already had Sam in hell... could they not have thought of something else than "ooo, let's leave Dean in Purgatory!"

But the Cas abandoning him part--I wonder from what Cas said earlier about dying and being brought back as some sort of punishment, if maybe he's not the one who abandoned Dean...maybe he had no choice in the matter?

Valiant 05-20-2012 11:43 AM

I am fine with Dean in Purgatory because we get to see him there.. He will have to go up against probably a lot of vanquished foes.. Sam will have to get the geeky kid, find Meg, new ally and deal with the remaining leviathans..

Frosty 05-22-2012 07:21 AM

I liked the finale and also thought that the "see you next season" comment by the Alpha in the previous show was pretty funny (and telling).

Any chance that Bobby ended up in Purgatory, due to his vengeful spirit breakdown?

QuikSsurfer 05-23-2012 07:59 AM

So I just started this show on netflix - never watched an episode - it's prettahhhh good. I'm only on S1E4 but I am enjoying it.

bevischief 05-23-2012 11:25 AM

Curious to see what next season brings...

Bowser 05-23-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8633401)
So I just started this show on netflix - never watched an episode - it's prettahhhh good. I'm only on S1E4 but I am enjoying it.

Huh. I figured a show like this would be right up your alley.

Hopefully you stick with it. It's still an enjoyable show now.

cabletech94 07-13-2012 09:28 PM

just watched the finale today.

i agree with most that this season was rather bland. could have been better. could have been much worse.
it did seem a bit compact. coulda been a little bit deeper imo. but that's why i'm a fan and not a writer or producer.
really excited for the next season. i believe mid october. i do want badass cas back though.

Setsuna 07-31-2012 05:47 PM

I liked the CGI used for Roman's death scene. Honestly I've never seen that type of effect used throughout the whole series and hopefully that is telling of how the new guy will try to take things in terms of special effects. Excited! FYI Dean is going to be saved by his daughter. Lulz.

keg in kc 09-08-2012 12:54 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EMbEQ1KCgls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 09-08-2012 03:30 PM

By the sound of that trailer, it looks like they're gearing up for a series finale.

KC_Lee 09-08-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8888666)
By the sound of that trailer, it looks like they're gearing up for a series finale.

I agree but the whole "One year later" thing looks kind of cheap.

vailpass 09-10-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8888666)

Again.

keg in kc 09-10-2012 12:40 PM

I'm actually disappointed they're apparently going back to the leviathan angle. I thought that was by far the weakest season arc, and now we get a 2nd year of it.

As far as series finale goes, they could easily spread that whole 'close the gates of hell' thing over a couple years.

vailpass 09-10-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8898292)
I'm actually disappointed they're apparently going back to the leviathan angle. I thought that was by far the weakest season arc, and now we get a 2nd year of it.

As far as series finale goes, they could easily spread that whole 'close the gates of hell' thing over a couple years.

X2 on the Leviathan story. It's a nice backdrop to come back to every now and again but enough is enough. Bring back supersize Cas and let's get some angel-devil-demon-prophet shit going.

Frosty 09-10-2012 12:55 PM

I think the main problem with the leviathans was that they made them too powerful. The writers had to pull out too many convoluted plot devices to keep pulling Sam and Dean out of the leviathans' grasp (deus ex machina).

I did like how they were able to mix in a lot of "monster of the week" episodes, though.

I wonder if a series finale story arc could involve the Winchesters finding God (literally, not spiritually). The angels keep implying that God is missing.