ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics The Android Tablet Watch Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243749)

kcxiv 05-17-2013 12:38 AM

4.2.2 doesnt have the Kindle app store up anymore, i had to get it by other means.

Anyways, i cant install batman :( its configured for Kindle fire edition. damn it. lol

Buns 05-17-2013 12:45 AM

Kindle app store? Amazon app store always had to be installed by downloading the apk from amazon and installing, rather than from Google play.

007 05-17-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtua Chief (Post 9688331)
Kindle app store? Amazon app store always had to be installed by downloading the apk from amazon and installing, rather than from Google play.

Yep, and checking Unknown Sources.

kcxiv 05-17-2013 01:10 AM

Well amazon App. Im New to all this lol.

I'm used of iOS where nothing is customizable.

007 05-17-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9688340)
Well amazon App. Im New to all this lol.

I'm used of iOS where nothing is customizable.

Welcome to the light!!!!!

Mr. Plow 05-17-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 9687830)
I like the Dolphin browser (it allows tabbed browsing) and SwiftkeyX keyboard (excellent word predictor, I don't swype.)

From someone that was completely comfortable with swype that just recently decided to give Swiftkey a try, it is a difficult transition on some things. Overall, I'll probably stick with SK because the more I use it, the more comfortable I get with it.

Mr. Plow 05-17-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9686234)
i just don't get the love for Reddit at all.

Like Daface said, it's all about customizing it to show what you are interested in. Once that's done, it's awesome.

WoodDraw 05-17-2013 02:31 PM

You have to side load the amazon store so you can get around Google play rules.

I'd start by just going through the play store top list. And find a few things to test out that screen!

007 05-18-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9688485)
Like Daface said, it's all about customizing it to show what you are interested in. Once that's done, it's awesome.

I messed with it for about 2 weeks and it just didn't offer what I already get from CP.

kcxiv 05-18-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9690189)
I messed with it for about 2 weeks and it just didn't offer what I already get from CP.

yeah, new streams i dont care for. anything i honestly read up on, i can get on twitter and espn.com/mlb.com/nba.com and NFL.com maybe some fox sports even.

I dont really **** with world or local news n all that shit, its too depressing. Chiefs n Dodgers bring me enough of that. haha That and regular life. lol

still loveing my Nexus 10. So awesome Utorrent works on Android. Im very happy with it. thing takes beautiful pictures its got what i want. lol The damn screen is absolutely beautiful as well.

kcxiv 05-20-2013 09:03 PM

google voice is awesome. I know you can use it from any device, but getting a new number n texting friends/family and ****ing with them and giving them details about their lives and just messing with them is great fun! lol

007 07-25-2013 01:53 AM

The new Nexus 7 comes out next week. They raised the price $30 gave it a HD screen and not much else. Still no microSD slot.

Also, while not android, Dell just put out a new Windows RT tablet but decided to only put a dual core processor in it.

BourbonMan 07-25-2013 08:21 AM

Put my pre-order in yesterday for the new Nexus 7.

Mr. Laz 07-25-2013 10:52 AM

btw ... still using my Transformer infinity 32g and works great.

have the keyboard dock that is easy to use and provides extra battery life and keys/touchpad whenever you need it.

runs full HD out to a 42 inch t.v. easily while still on the low power setting

works good as ereader

quick link settings allows you to turn the wifi/bluetooth/sync/brightness off and on to fit battery usage to situation is great

don't use GPS so i don't know how well that works

doesn't run flash very well but none of them do as far as i know

speakers are crap

no buyer's remorse

KevB 07-25-2013 04:05 PM

I had an HP Touchpad that has been dead for the last 6 months. I can't revive it. Tried all the tricks other than the really geeky stuff I read online where you crack it open and mess with the power source. I also have a Galaxy Note 2, which is a big screen but doesn't give me the size I'd like with some media (Netflix, HBO Go, etc.). I'd love to get a new 10" tablet, but just having trouble justifying the cost. The Nexus 7 is reasonably affordable, but probably not big enough given I already have the Note 2.