ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs @ryanscotthall #Chiefs to name Dorsey as GM, Childress as OC. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268651)

The Bad Guy 01-09-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9301090)
Source didn't have 100% details correct regarding title, is how I read it.

meh.

Anyways - you, marty, and hopefully ryan will be fantastic insiders going forward.

nice to have this on the board again. Thanks for all the info!

My pleasure. Hope it continues.

Mother****erJones 01-09-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9301063)
Was told a half hour ago that Dorsey is going to happen. I don't know what the hold up is.

Thanks man, could be contract crap.

Mother****erJones 01-09-2013 06:06 PM

should have our GM tomorrow
SaveOurChiefs ‏@SaveOurChiefs
Dorsey and Chiefs are still finalizing terms of the agreement. Should be wrapped up fairly soon.
Expand

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:06 PM

Bad Guy you rock

-King- 01-09-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9301038)
@ryanscotthall: Looking like Pederson may become the OC and Childress will simply be a staff member. My apologies for the conjecture on his title. #Chiefs

LMAO Bullshit.

Mother****erJones 01-09-2013 06:09 PM

Bring back Razor Ramon!!!

SAUTO 01-09-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9301063)
Was told a half hour ago that Dorsey is going to happen. I don't know what the hold up is.

Awesome, you guys are great!
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 01-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9301107)
LMAO Bullshit.

Eh, I can't fault the guy. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it seems like he's probably about on the level of TBG and Marty: a great source for credible rumors, but they're not going likely to be the first ones to hear the news when things become official.

Dante84 01-09-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9301119)
Eh, I can't fault the guy. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it seems like he's probably about on the level of TBG and Marty: a great source for credible rumors, but they're not going likely to be the first ones to hear the news when things become official.

bingo

DeezNutz 01-09-2013 07:13 PM

TBG and Marty have just been ****ing money during this whole thing with respect to providing information.

Thanks, guys.

RustShack 01-09-2013 07:37 PM

Pederson could just be looking ahead. Reid could be banking on us being real good, and Chilly being promoted again. Easier to groom Pederson as an OC than as a QB coach... Reid and Chilly will have heavy hands in the offense so it's not like be IS THE OC and will be lost dooming us to a terrible fate. I'm thinking he's more "OC in Training"

Sully 01-09-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9300958)
The bone I'm picking is with inexperience in the role he'd be hired for.
It's not that he went from one side of the ball to the other.
The issue is not having had experience coordinating a defense.
He wasn't qualified because he didn't have that kind of experience.
Same thing with Pederson.

You can honestly say that you're in no way concerned about Pederson's lack of coordinator experience at ANY level?

You're oversimplifying quite a bit in order to make your point.
There's quite a bit of difference switching from one side of the ball to another to coordinate and moving from a position on that side up to coordinator.
Yes, in either instance you lack experience, but as a position coach
moving to a same-side coordinator you've built up, for years, your own ideas, theories, ways to teach fundamentals, and ideals on how to do things on your side of the ball. In the vast majority of cases you've spent hundreds of nights lying in bed awake discussing with yourself, "when I run this [defense/offense]..."
I guarantee that as the OL coach, Castillo wasn't nearly as steeped in that mindset, and rather just thought he could do it pretty good, given time and players.

dirk digler 01-09-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9300874)
Some just aren't happy with anything.

This is a great deal. Chilly is a great offensive mind.

I know he did wonders with the Browns this year. They were right below the Chiefs in total Offense. woohoo

BradBigglestein 01-09-2013 08:09 PM

Childress did a good job with the Eagles for the most part. I think he would be a good addition.

O.city 01-09-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9301414)
I know he did wonders with the Browns this year. They were right below the Chiefs in total Offense. woohoo

Romeo won SB's as a DC, bring him back.