ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Kaepernick pulls a Steve Bono (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274347)

DTLB58 07-07-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797672)
Anyone employed in the USA cannot legally wear anything other than what is approved by the corporation.

Good God. Do you realize what you're suggesting?

Well it's really not all that big of a deal. My one son doesn't like sports, neither does my wife and the other son, luckily as been a Chief lifer since the day he was born with no problem.

It was just a comment based more towards MY passion other than what I do or don't let them do. But I don't watch Chief games with other fans in my cave. Not fun.

DTLB58 07-07-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797699)
90% of what?

Guys just signed?

Guys on the final year of their deal?

Guys signed to fill out the 90 man roster?

You're ****ing utterly clueless.

On a 53 man roster week 1

But in this case when it's the teams starting QB? And he is cemented in as a young Franchise guy of the future.

If you think that's okay? There is no hope for you.

DTLB58 07-07-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797675)
If you ever came to my house, I'd drop a grand just to decorate my house in Raiders gear. Neighbors, too.

I don't go to others to watch football. But it's cool. I've had plenty of people in 20 years at my house for fantasy league drafts that were Raider fans and other teams.

I'm not as crazy as you think. I just don't think it's right to have my starting QB wearing another NFL colors. Not to much to ask.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9797203)
Do you think wearing an opposing team's jersey to interview players at a practice is the same as wearing a baseball cap on a beach thousands of miles away during the offseason?

Goddamn you are posting stupid along with Dane and OTWP.

Do you want YOUR QB wearing another teams gear?

The simple answer is NO and you would have to be a ****ing idiot to do it in the first place.

Its dumb dumb dumb and anyone who cant see that is dumber than Kap is.

The fact this is a debate tells you how ridiculous some of you are around here. I have had 5 casual discussions with friends and family members today just asking them about their thoughts on this and they all immediately thought what an idiot.

Its not even a difficult concept yet people here are sticking up for the guy, its hilarious.

If Dewayne Bowe or Alex Smith did this it would be an uprising bigger than than LJ ever saw.

Fire up the plane Smith was wearing a Packers hat, we need a sign over Arrowhead.

The hypocrisy of this place is just unbelievable.

Setsuna 07-07-2013 09:09 PM

I'm honestly done with this foolishness. Yall will waste moments of your life trying to make people believe he's in the wrong. More power to ya. Peace.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 09:10 PM

If you sign a contract with an NFL team. That player should have respect and appreciation or that team signing him and paying him to play football for that team. Wearing another teams gear is not showing appreciation or respect for what that team has done for him and what those players that have came before him that have also allowed him this opportunity.

Saul Good 07-07-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797716)

The simple answer is NO and you would have to be a ****ing idiot to do it in the first place.

The fact this is a debate tells you how ridiculous some of you are around here. I have had 5 casual discussions with friends and family members today just asking them about their thoughts on this and they all immediately thought what an idiot.

Its not even a difficult concept yet people here are sticking up for the guy, its hilarious.

If Dewayne Bowe or Alex Smith did this it would be an uprising bigger than than LJ ever saw.

Fire up the plane Smith was wearing a Packers hat, we need a sign over Arrowhead.

So what should be done about it? Should they cut him?

Start Croyle 07-07-2013 09:16 PM

In Public Relations land, it doesn't matter whether he is justified or not in doing it. If a lot of fans are getting upset, you better believe that "he" will release a plastic sounding statement apologizing for his actions.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9797745)
So what should be done about it? Should they cut him?

So you admit was he did was dumb you just dont know how to handle it.

I am certain there will be conversation with him about it from his coach. I know certain members of CP wouldn't do anything about it or address the issue but the coach that everyone here knows is a genious and showed that in benching Smith will address it with his QB.

Ironic I know.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9797707)
If you think that's okay? There is no hope for you.

Yeah, there's no hope for me.

I cry in my milk everyday that the 50's have come and gone.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Actually, it's one of least "dumb" things he's done.

Quote:

Who cares?

Quote:

Or a kid.

So what's your excuse for being a ****ing idiot?

Quote:

:facepalm:

Quote:

Well, I guess that seals it: You, your family and friends are all ****ing morons.

I don't think anyone expected otherwise, FWIW.

Quote:

I'm sure the same reeruns bitching about this non-issue would be bitching about that non-issue.

Some people are just bitches.

Quote:

Cool. At least he's wearing the hat of a Super Bowl winning and possibly the best QB in the league.

Quote:

To my knowledge, there would have to be a similar situation involving a Chiefs player to call Chiefs fans "hypocrites" and to date, that hasn't happened.

But go ahead and bitch about your false narrative and hypotheses because your friends and family need something to bitch about.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797735)
If you sign a contract with an NFL team. That player should have respect and appreciation or that team signing him and paying him to play football for that team. Wearing another teams gear is not showing appreciation or respect for what that team has done for him and what those players that have came before him that have also allowed him this opportunity.

"Opportunity"? He was DRAFTED. He wasn't allowed to sign with any team that he so chose after college. He had to sign a deal per the CBA.

Just how dumb are you?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797771)

Well, I guess that seals it: You, your family and friends are all ****ing morons.

I don't think anyone expected otherwise, FWIW.

LMAOROFL:LOL: **** YEAH.

DTLB58 07-07-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9796836)
It is just a stupid hat. But it's bad form. It's especially bad form to act like a complete dick when called on it. The dude is under contract to the Niners. It's similar to endorsing Nike but wearing Adidas gear around town. It's not the right thing to do for the brand and for the fans. There's a reason why tens of thousands of NFL players have never really run into this problem before. They have a brain.

Well, at least somebody here has a a cooler head. Nice. :thumb:

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:39 PM

Dane you KNOW you are wrong on this and you can call all my friends,family, and me idiots, it still doesn't change that.

You are a contrarian at heart and have to just beat the drum for the "other side". Its in your nature, I suppose the west coast has made you soft. Your rediculous post in the Hernandez thread could only point to this fact. And yea its a fact. (Hernandez is OBVIOUSLY guilty as **** Dane, circumstantial case at this point or not, get a grip on it there is not one need to try to pick away at the DA's case, its lock solid).

JFC you have SDH backing you. What other proof do you need you are being stupid?