ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

duncan_idaho 04-24-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10582242)
They're not really going to hire Kim Anderson, right?

I really, really hope not.

If we get into next week and they still are going through this, I think the chances it is Kim Anderson start increasing.

It's possible he's floating it to relieve some pressure from boosters, so he can say "Kim was a finalist but XYZ was the right fit!"

I hope that's what it is. But with Alden... don't have a ton of confidence in that.

Mr. Arrowhead 04-24-2014 08:22 AM

Hey guys, Paul Sullentrop who is the beat writer for Wichita State in our local paper that I thought I would share

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulSuellentrop Apr 22
Around Koch Arena the past two days, got no sense anybody is concerned about losing a basketball coach. I've been in that building when

people are on edge and doors are closed. That's not the mood. Somebody laughed at me when I brought up Missouri. The mood is calm and

confident at Koch Arena.

Codered 04-24-2014 08:24 AM

I just don't understand what makes him the right fit now if Frank Haith beat him out last time. If you were going to make a play on him then that would have been the time.

That boat has sailed and MU _should_ be able to do better.

Mr. Arrowhead 04-24-2014 08:25 AM

Also Marshall wont release any kind of statement of any kind that he is staying. The only time he has done that is when he interviewed for the NC State job in which he was offered the job that was gonna pay him 2.1 million per year. He get connected to at least 2 or 3 jobs per year it seems. And if he had to release a statement every time he was connected to a job opening then it would get pretty repetitive.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2014 08:36 AM

If the boosters think Kim Anderson would be a solution to any problem other than "How do we crater the basketball program?" they are a bigger issue than Alden ever was.

Seriously. A ****ing DII coach who is 60 ****ing years old. My God.

duncan_idaho 04-24-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10582297)
If the boosters think Kim Anderson would be a solution to any problem other than "How do we crater the basketball program?" they are a bigger issue than Alden ever was.

Seriously. A ****ing DII coach who is 60 ****ing years old. My God.

But we can bring in Corey Tate to lock down St. Louis!

We'll play defense and be tough and hard-nosed again!

We'll bring in Anthony Peeler as an assistant and OWN KC!

And Tim Fuller has no options for a job elsewhere. No problem getting him to stay and assuaging his ego about being passed over as HC for an old guy he has no ties to, who hasn't coached in D1 this millennium!

Sorry, I turned into a moron for a moment there.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2014 08:47 AM

If MU Boosters were parents they'd say, "My ultimate goal for my child is to graduate from Junior High with a 2.0 and only kill and dismember small animals in their teen years."

Aim for the stars, you mother****ers. :facepalm:

kepp 04-24-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10582242)
They're not really going to hire Kim Anderson, right?

The longer this goes, the more I'm worried about Anderson being the guy. On a positive note (at least IMO), I would think that if they were locked onto Anderson as their guy, it would already be done. That means others have to be in serious play.

duncan_idaho 04-24-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10582311)
If MU Boosters were parents they'd say, "My ultimate goal for my child is to graduate from Junior High with a 2.0 and only kill and dismember small animals in their teen years."

Aim for the stars, you mother****ers. :facepalm:

I don't know that it's ALL of them or even a majority... just could see a situation where a few are really tied to Norm Stewart (I know the Harpers are, for example, though they aren't the BIG fish) and need some cover on Kim Anderson.

Codered 04-24-2014 09:25 AM

I hope that Mizzou is looking at Howland. I know there isn't any leaks out there besides Marshall and Anderson, but Howland just seems like the right fit.

Lex Luthor 04-24-2014 09:40 AM

I don't really understand all of the opposition to Kim Anderson. Is it because he has no experience in D-1?

Sure-Oz 04-24-2014 09:42 AM

No div 1 experience and not young

duncan_idaho 04-24-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10582407)
I don't really understand all of the opposition to Kim Anderson. Is it because he has no experience in D-1?

1) He's an old man
2) He was a shitty recruiter as the lead assistant for Norm Stewart's last team (Look at the talent on the teams from the time Rich Daly's guys left... woefully inadequate)
3) He hasn't been in the D1 game for 16 years, so his connections in recruiting are even more questionable
4) He has no experience as a D1 coach

I'll throw in that he's being compared to guys like Ben Howland, who made 3 straight Final Fours AND rebuilt the Pitt program primarily, as well as guys like Chris Mack who have been very successful and consistent at the D1 level.

DMAC 04-24-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10582407)

Dude.

Mizzou is a high profile SEC school. We should not be hiring D2 coaches.

Missouri State would get boos for hiring him.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-24-2014 09:59 AM

Seems like they jut don't care about this secondary sport