ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Kansas City Royals @ Cleveland Indians Game Thread (4/21) *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283140)

Mother****erJones 04-21-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10577279)
I'm sure Sale's injury after being left out for 127 pitches was just a coincidence.

Our manager is ****ing stupid. Has no business being a manager

Sure-Oz 04-21-2014 09:37 PM

The whole teams hitting approach is garbage. Blame them and the shitty philosophy of gmdm.

Deberg_1990 04-22-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10577447)
The whole teams hitting approach is garbage. Blame them and the shitty philosophy of gmdm.

Its mind boggling. Nobody on this team has any REAL HR power right now.

I dont get it. The Royals have some sort of systematic problem in their organization i think.

No true pull hitters. Everyone just sort of sprays the ball around.

Alot of guys who can get on base. Nobody who can drive in runs.

Mother****erJones 04-22-2014 06:27 AM

Well trade ya Dunn.

Deberg_1990 04-22-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10577673)
Well trade ya Dunn.

Welp, hes better than Butler at this point.

Dartgod 04-22-2014 07:04 AM

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was...

Mother****erJones 04-22-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10577695)
Welp, hes better than Butler at this point.

Always has been except when he got to Chicago. For some reason he's looked a lot better this year. Looks better at the plate, gets his walks and will get his HRs. Will always strike out but that's better than GIDPs IMO

GloryDayz 04-22-2014 07:48 AM

It was funny listening to the 610 girls this morning. They make excuses for the Royals and the flaws like they're on the payroll. "It's too early to panic"... Yep, just like every year, it's too early to panic... We're not the Yankees, the bats may get better, but they'll never get to what they need to be in the AL.

At a minimum it's time to part ways with Billy. Unlike the others, he's a one-dimensional player (by definition), and he's not what he needs to be in that one dimension. Perhaps]s watching him be sent away will be good for him (start fresh somewhere else and get over his ego in the process), and the other players realize they have to produce.

And yes, the number of HRs NOT hit by this team matters. I don't care what the date is, just compare it to other competitive clubs. It's a number that's way out of whack, and you can't just deny it.

BlackHelicopters 04-22-2014 07:48 AM

Hitting coach needs to be fired

Deberg_1990 04-22-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10577775)

I dont know who he is or is qualifications....but wasnt he Bretts hand picked boy last year?

Simplicity 04-22-2014 07:53 AM

Who's takin the game thread today?

GloryDayz 04-22-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

I'm hardly one to defend coaches, and I'm fine with firing him too, but I'm not thinking this is where the firings start or end. And before that happens, it's time they get the chance to take the players to tack for not listening. I don't know if all the stories are true, but it's rumored that Billy won't listen. If that's true, unless you hire a hitting coach who can beat players with a stick, can it be fixed.

And yes, it starts with Billy! He's got exactly one job to do, and he needs to be a threat to go yard at every at-bat. Instead we cheer if he hits it in the air. And this isn't new, it's the same shit all over again. He needs to be made an example of..

Mother****erJones 04-22-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Most of the time it's not the coach. Especially with your lineup. You just fired one like a year ago.

But the right coach can with the right approach get guys going. White Sox hired Todd Steverson as out hitting coach. He's changed our hitter approach and worked with guys and it's worked wonders. Preaching patience and working counts.

Three7s 04-22-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10577835)
Most of the time it's not the coach. Especially with your lineup. You just fired one like a year ago.

But the right coach can with the right approach get guys going. White Sox hired Todd Steverson as out hitting coach. He's changed our hitter approach and worked with guys and it's worked wonders. Preaching patience and working counts.

Same as the Twins. I would love it if the Royals had the Twins hitting approach.

alnorth 04-22-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 10577913)
Same as the Twins. I would love it if the Royals had the Twins hitting approach.

The Royals have been fairly patient and working counts. I'm not convinced thats the problem.

When they do get that fat mistake pitch over the middle, the best we've been able to do is, in general, hit a gapper for a double, and thats actually an alarming (and demoralizing) thing: perhaps the players themselves are just unable to consistently hit for power. If that is the case, then this thing can't be fixed and we're doomed.