ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

BigRedChief 07-15-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9814131)
@Cardinals: End of first inning: Chris Carpenter strikes out two, allows a broken bat single to left. Pitches 13, Strikes 10.

@ejbelt1: “@Cardinals: Chris Carpenter strikes out first batter on three pitches. Fastball up to 94 MPH.” Awesome news!

If anyone can come back based on willpower and guts........Carp can.

Mi_chief_fan 07-15-2013 07:28 PM

Not a bad 1st outing for Carp! #babysteps -Teryn “@Cardinals: Chris Carpenter - 2.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (54 pitches/38 strikes).”

O.city 07-16-2013 09:12 PM

Cardinal Red and White, on Fox HD, at night, is so glorious.

I havent watched the whole game (went and watched Pacific Rim with the Pregnant wife, last outing before the baby, movie is awesome, go see it), saw Craig bat in the last inning, what else have I missed?

O.city 07-16-2013 09:37 PM

So, I was thinking about how the hell we are going to get a SS this year. I started looking around the league, while there isn't really shit out there for cheap, but I did notice how far back the Jays are and that brought me back to thinking about Reyes.

I know some guys weren't/aren't high on him, he's injured alot etc, but I think/thought he really fit in well with this bunch from a philosophical standpoint as well as in the clubhouse.

So, I dug a bit deeper. While I do really like Reyes, his contract is just, well, bad. I don't see that as an option.

Jewish Rabbi 07-16-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9816817)
So, I was thinking about how the hell we are going to get a SS this year. I started looking around the league, while there isn't really shit out there for cheap, but I did notice how far back the Jays are and that brought me back to thinking about Reyes.

I know some guys weren't/aren't high on him, he's injured alot etc, but I think/thought he really fit in well with this bunch from a philosophical standpoint as well as in the clubhouse.

So, I dug a bit deeper. While I do really like Reyes, his contract is just, well, bad. I don't see that as an option.

Blue Jays can still easily make the playoffs.

O.city 07-16-2013 09:51 PM

I just don't see it.

There are too many teams ahead of them in the East. The Orioles, Rays, Red Sox, A's, Rangers, and potentially Yankees are all fighting for 4 spots. I don't think the Jays can jump them.

O.city 07-16-2013 10:21 PM

Also, if I'm looking at this right, we have 42 mil coming off the books next year with 4 guys.

Carp
Beltran
Furcal
Westbrook

So there is some money there.

Pepe Silvia 07-16-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9816833)
Blue Jays can still easily make the playoffs.

No way. The rest of the AL East alone will prevent that from happening. The Red Sox, Rays, and Orioles are all better than the Jays, their line up is as good as any in their division but the Jays don't have the starting pitching to contend with them in the dog days of August and September, not to mention the A.L West teams like the A's and Rangers that O'City just mentioned. Won't happen.

O.city 07-16-2013 10:36 PM

I'd be looking to make a deal with Wong, Jenkins and potentially Wacha right now.

I think Beltran walks after the year, or gets a cheapish deal. I'd prefer to let him walk and just park Craig in left and let Tavares play CF.

Or keep Beltran and just go with Holliday, Jay/Taveras, Craig/Beltran as my 5 OF's.

LiL stumppy 07-17-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9816943)
I'd be looking to make a deal with Wong, Jenkins and potentially Wacha right now.

I think Beltran walks after the year, or gets a cheapish deal. I'd prefer to let him walk and just park Craig in left and let Tavares play CF.

Or keep Beltran and just go with Holliday, Jay/Taveras, Craig/Beltran as my 5 OF's.

How can you rotate those 5 OF's??? Too much Talent, you let Beltran walk.

Mi_chief_fan 07-17-2013 06:22 AM

Beltran has to walk: Taveras is ready, and he'll get you a first round pick. Also, I'm not opposed to trading Wong, but I'd hate to part with Wacha, and last I heard, Jenkins was on the DL.

whoman69 07-17-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9816916)
Also, if I'm looking at this right, we have 42 mil coming off the books next year with 4 guys.

Carp
Beltran
Furcal
Westbrook

So there is some money there.

I imagine if Carp can make the comeback this year he might just call it quits. I would be up for resigning Beltran the way he his playing. Furcal is a no-brainer since he can't even get on the field. Westbrook is way too inconsistent to sign again, plus it leaves no room for us to get our big arms up from the minors.

whoman69 07-17-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9817178)
Beltran has to walk: Taveras is ready, and he'll get you a first round pick. Also, I'm not opposed to trading Wong, but I'd hate to part with Wacha, and last I heard, Jenkins was on the DL.

I'd rather part with Jay. Sure he's great in the field, but he's a liability at the plate.

Mi_chief_fan 07-17-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9817204)
I'd rather part with Jay. Sure he's great in the field, but he's a liability at the plate.

Well, I don't completely disagree, but I've seen conflicting reports as to whether Oscar can play cf. if he can, then I like your scenario better.

BigRedChief 07-17-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9817204)

I think Hamas posted some stats that proved Jay is not that great in the field.