ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

-King- 05-25-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9708439)
No Kobe? Even though he is still first team all NBA? The disrespect is astonishing...

What? I never said top 5. Just 5 off the top of my head. Yes Id take Kobe over Wade. Id also take Melo, Steph Curry and probably a few more over him. I was just listing the first 5 that came to my head.
Posted via Mobile Device

ARROW2 05-25-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9708479)
What? I never said top 5. Just 5 off the top of my head. Yes Id take Kobe over Wade. Id also take Melo, Steph Curry and probably a few more over him. I was just listing the first 5 that came to my head.
Posted via Mobile Device

Np, it's all good dude....just surprised he wasn't one of them...

Chiefs Pantalones 05-25-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9708478)
Kobe had a helluva year, don't be fooled by how things went as far as injuries and terrible coaching this year. I know he is older than those dudes but he was still ballin at a very high level, ridiculously high, it's just that ESPN has their nose in LeBron's pubic hairs... After the Achilles? Only then will I potentially drop him out of the top 5.

I felt bad for the Lakers this year. D'Antoni is a waste of space.

dirk digler 05-25-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9708467)
ESPN needs to go play in traffic. Kobe above Westbrook? Wade at 6? LMAO

I agree Westbrook should be ahead of Kobe. Wade is definitely a top 10 player though as is Kobe.

If you look at the PER rankings:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Melo
5. Brook Lopez
6. Duncan
7. Wade
8. Westbrook
9. Parker
10. Kobe

or KC_Connection's favorite Win Shares

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Harden
5. Westbrook
6. Marc Gasol
7. Curry
8. Kobe
9. Deron Williams
10. Blake Griffin

Mother****erJones 05-25-2013 10:50 AM

**** the heat! **** the heat!

Tribal Warfare 05-25-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9708469)
And I just realized how less HOF worthy talent there is now compared to back in the 80s/90s, at least for right now. Holy shit it's watered down now.

Yeah, we were spoiled with how many basketball legends were playing in the 80's and 90's. I know I took what Jordan did for granted because I grew up watching him and expected the next great BB player to do the same thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-25-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9708532)
Yeah, we were spoiled with how many basketball legends were playing in the 80's and 90's. I know I took what Jordan did for granted because I grew up watching him and expected the next great BB player to do the same thing.

It's just not the same. Anyone that says otherwise is 13 years old.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-25-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9708364)
Yeah, Wade's top 5 talent when healthy. Even now he's probably still Top 10.

The Heat have a bench with Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Haslem, Rashard Lewis, and Cole.

Jesus Christ, what year do you think this is?

Rashard ****ing Lewis?

-King- 05-25-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9708737)

Rashard ****ing Lewis?

I don't even think he dresses for games LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 05-25-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9708357)
Uhhh.... Wade was pulling off all kinds of incredible shit, wasn't he?

Not really, no, at least not compared to what he used to do. It must be remembered that Wade is one of the greatest two guards of all time. He was a shell of his former self last night (and even a shell of what he was in the postseason just last year). He had very little impact on the game on both ends.

Quote:

This has less to do with what Miami's doing wrong, and more to do with what the Pacers are doing right.
Agreed on that front and that's exactly why I think Miami is in tough here. The Pacers are just straight up beating them in every matchup that doesn't involve LeBron James. And both George and Hibbert are playing the best basketball of their lives (and getting better each game they play as well).

KC_Connection 05-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9708307)
Bosh has shown up for the most part he averages 16pts a game and 7 rebounds which is what he pretty much what he did last night. The other night he only had 2 rebounds. Wade is hurt so unless his knee gets better he is doing what he can. The difference is that Battier, Chalmers, Allen, and Mike Miller don't have their usual wide open 3's.

Bosh needs to be rebounding better than he is if Miami is to win. He obviously can't be expected to defend West or Hibbert well (doesn't have the size or foundation to do it), but rebounding is a lot about effort and he hasn't entirely brought it so far in that area (7 in two games)

KC_Connection 05-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9708489)
I agree Westbrook should be ahead of Kobe. Wade is definitely a top 10 player though as is Kobe.

If you look at the PER rankings:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Melo
5. Brook Lopez
6. Duncan
7. Wade
8. Westbrook
9. Parker
10. Kobe

or KC_Connection's favorite Win Shares

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Harden
5. Westbrook
6. Marc Gasol
7. Curry
8. Kobe
9. Deron Williams
10. Blake Griffin

If I was to list a top 5, it would be pretty close to the bottom list there. Although probably Gasol at #4 and Harden/Westbrook/Curry/Kobe after him. Wade is definitely not in the top 10 at his current injured level.

Direckshun 05-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9708737)

Rashard ****ing Lewis?

As my 9th man? Sure. I doubt there's a better 9th man in the league.

That's faint praise, sure. But we're talking about bench depth, and Miami is as strong at 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 as anybody in this league.

Buck 05-25-2013 08:47 PM

Spurs slippin.

eazyb81 05-25-2013 09:10 PM

Spurs playing like it's 2005.

They are going to win it all if Duncan and Manu keep playing this well.