ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Random Music Video Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239415)

Simply Red 04-21-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8556909)
???

I typed that in the wrong thread, ughh, i'm officially crashing now. LOL

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 12:42 AM

SR... post me up some "I used to think that the day would never come, I'd see my life in the shade of the morning sun...." My 'puter isn't cooperating at the moment.

chasedude 04-21-2012 05:46 AM

If I could find someone to play the accompniant, I'd love to perform this one. As a Tenor I was always drawn to Geddy's voice...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EXSCm_4ND3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8557036)
If I could find someone to play the accompniant, I'd love to perform this one. As a Tenor I was always drawn to Geddy's voice...

I only play 3 chords but I can sing... although not like Geddy. I'm too bass/baritone for much rock.

chasedude 04-21-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8557061)
I only play 3 chords but I can sing... although not like Geddy. I'm too bass/baritone for much rock.

Had a freind from HS that was a deep bass. He love the "Crash test dummies" cause the lead singer had such a low voice

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8557065)
Had a freind from HS that was a deep bass. He love the "Crash test dummies" cause the lead singer had such a low voice

I was going to use Crash Test Dummies as an example but it wasn't really accurate. Ever heard Richard Sterban of the Oak Ridge Boys? (old country group) Elvira? I get lower than that with my speaking voice... but I can sing bass or baritone. Had an 8 octave range in high school/college. Not bragging I just rumble.

chasedude 04-21-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8557068)
I was going to use Crash Test Dummies as an example but it wasn't really accurate. Ever heard Richard Sterban of the Oak Ridge Boys? (old country group) Elvira? I get lower than that with my speaking voice... but I can sing bass or baritone. Had an 8 octave range in high school/college. Not bragging I just rumble.

An 8 octave range? wow. You must be able to pull off some falsetto then too.

My voice was better when I didn't smoke cigs. I've been looking for a reason to quit. Not sure what my range could have been if I never even started.

chasedude 04-21-2012 06:29 AM

Oh and the Oak Ridge boys, I know who you're talking about. That was one of my dad's fav music to listen to around the house. Them and the Statler Bros.

Richard is a great Bass singer.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8557074)
An 8 octave range? wow. You must be able to pull off some falsetto then too.

My voice was better when I didn't smoke cigs. I've been looking for a reason to quit. Not sure what my range could have been if I never even started.

8 octave range was in high school/college. I'm 43 now and haven't been in practice for 20 years. I can sing falsetto but I'm sure it's not as pretty as it was them. Mostly I'm really bassy and can sing a good baritone now.

chasedude 04-21-2012 06:30 AM

The Oak Ridge Boys where just in St Joe for a gig. Had an uncle and went said they still sounded superb

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8557077)
The Oak Ridge Boys where just in St Joe for a gig. Had an uncle and went said they still sounded superb

My favorite vocal group ever. I don't care how old they are. I grew up wanting to be one of them and still buy every cd. They sound as good as ever.

Duane Allen and William Lee Golden are distant friends of mine. It's a long story.

chasedude 04-21-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8557076)
8 octave range was in high school/college. I'm 43 now and haven't been in practice for 20 years. I can sing falsetto but I'm sure it's not as pretty as it was them. Mostly I'm really bassy and can sing a good baritone now.

Yup age's got us by the short and curlys. Don't know how Geddy Lee's done it all these years, but he can still belt it out. Other bands havn't faired as well. Last time I saw REO I could notice his range wasn't the same.

chasedude 04-21-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8557079)
My favorite vocal group ever. I don't care how old they are. I grew up wanting to be one of them and still buy every cd. They sound as good as ever.

Duane Allen and William Lee Golden are distant friends of mine. It's a long story.

You're not near Hiawatha anymore are you? I'd figured you'd heard about it in that neck of the woods.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8557081)
Yup age's got us by the short and curlys. Don't know how Geddy Lee's done it all these years, but he can still belt it out. Other bands havn't faired as well. Last time I saw REO I could notice his range wasn't the same.

Geddy has to sing a lot to keep those vocal chords stretched out. Practice, practice, practice.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-21-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8557082)
You're not near Hiawatha anymore are you? I'd figured you'd heard about it in that neck of the woods.

I grew up in Horton, 12 miles from Hiawatha. My mother works a part time job at Hiawathas Wal-Mart... otherwise she's retired. I've lived in Illinois for nearly 20 years.