ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****2015 March Madness thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291304)

KC native 04-07-2015 12:24 PM

Didn't watch but I'm glad Wisconsin lost. **** them.

GloryDayz 04-07-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11423529)
Didn't watch but I'm glad Wisconsin lost. **** them.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO Rep...

KC_Connection 04-07-2015 11:14 PM

Quote:

To explain how the blown call transpired, NCAA head of officiating John Adams appeared on Sirius XM radio and made a pretty surprising admission that they never saw the definitive replay that viewers saw at home.

“All four of our officials were involved in the review. We never saw, on our monitor, what everybody saw at home, if you can believe that,” Adams said.

However, after the officials left the monitor and made their ruling, Adams said he saw the zoomed-in view of the ball clearly touching Winslow’s finger.

At that point he had the opportunity to quickly make a decision.

“I saw it after they had left the monitor, and actually thought about, is it in my prerogative to get up, run over to the table, buzz the buzzer, and tell them to come back and look?” Adams said. “That’s how critical I thought the play was and concluded that this is a job for the guys on the floor. I’ve never done it before. Why would I do it tonight and perhaps change the balance of the game?”
Yeah, why would you want to run over and make sure you got the call right that might decide the national championship game in Duke's favor? This is the NCAA head of officiating. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 04-07-2015 11:16 PM

That is absolutely pathetic

KC_Connection 04-07-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11424508)
That is absolutely pathetic

If that ball was shown to be off Kaminsky's finger, somehow I think his decision would have been different.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-07-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11424512)
If that ball was shown to be off Kaminsky's finger, somehow I think his decision would have been different.

Can't argue that. Dude had a chance to make the right call and blew it. Fire his ass. Who am I kidding...He will get promoted.

GloryDayz 04-08-2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11424505)
Yeah, why would you want to run over and make sure you got the call right that might decide the national championship game in Duke's favor? This is the NCAA head of officiating. LMAO

And stepping on the line too. I know, I know, officiating is a tough job.

GloryDayz 04-08-2015 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11424513)
Can't argue that. Dude had a chance to make the right call and blew it. Fire his ass. Who am I kidding...He will get promoted.

Dala signs!

Baby Lee 04-08-2015 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11424505)

Interesting that this particular issue should arise

http://screamer.deadspin.com/ref-can.../+billyhaisley

Quote:

In a league match pitting Vélez against Arsenal de Sarandí in Argentina, referee Germán Delfino witnessed a clash in the box as a Vélez and an Arsenal player met an incoming cross. Once the two men hit the ground, Delfino adjudged that Arsenal defender Daniel Rosero had committed a handball, gifting Vélez a penalty and earning Rosero his second yellow card.

However, before Vélez could take the penalty, the ref strolled over, picked up the ball, and signaled to the bench for Rosero to come back on the pitch. Apparently, one of Delfino's assistants saw a replay of the incident on a screen in the stadium and realized Rosero did not handle the ball; it was actually Vélez's Mariano Pavone's hand. Trying to make things right, Delfino cancelled the penalty and Rosero retook his place on the field.

While the amended call was correct—Rosero didn't touch the ball with his hand—you can't go changing calls you've already made. And video replay isn't even allowed, per FIFA's rules, so the way they came about making the right call was wrong.