ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Frazod 07-20-2013 07:51 PM

Nice work escaping that mess unscathed.

O.city 07-20-2013 08:33 PM

Lets score some god damn runs. This is pathetic.

BigRedChief 07-20-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9824119)
Nice work escaping that mess unscathed.

Men on base, Maness is lights out. No one on base, he's below acerage. Go figure.

And whats up with Seigriest? Walks two to start the inning? Never saw that before.

Loved the crowd welcoming the 10 year minor leaguer to the big show.

O.city 07-20-2013 08:45 PM

**** me Rosenthal.

Jewish Rabbi 07-20-2013 08:46 PM

Jesus Christ Matheny is bad at managing his bullpen. Just ****ing awful.

O.city 07-20-2013 08:46 PM

I actually thought he's managed it pretty well tonight all things considered. Rosenthal just left a pitch up to Quentin.

O.city 07-20-2013 08:50 PM

Tonight's not really on the pen, it's more on the fact that Lynn was ass early and we haven't hit the ball for shit.

O.city 07-20-2013 09:00 PM

I'm done with Lance Lynn. Dude just hits a wall every year and loses command.

Bats went to sleep tonight, Volquez wasn't that good.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-20-2013 09:18 PM

I suppose Siegrist was due for an outing like that given how many three ball counts he gets himself into, but Matheny was a goddamned idiot leaving Rosenthal in for the 9th. No matter how dominant he is in inning one he's consistently mediocre to terrible in inning two.

No excuse for that offensive ineptitude tonight, but the team has absolutely NO power right now.

BigRedChief 07-20-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9824352)
I actually thought he's managed it pretty well tonight all things considered. Rosenthal just left a pitch up to Quentin.

Wonder what Rosenthal's stats are in the 2nd inning of an outing?

O.city 07-21-2013 06:52 AM

Carpenter had a rough outing last night and the comeback isn't looking very good right now.

They had scouts at the Peavy start last night as well, and with Lynn going all, well whatever he hell he's going, I think they'll end up moving something for a pitcher.

The lack of power is maddening, especially in regards to Beltran and Freese.

BigRedChief 07-21-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9824851)
Carpenter had a rough outing last night and the comeback isn't looking very good right now.

They had scouts at the Peavy start last night as well, and with Lynn going all, well whatever he hell he's going, I think they'll end up moving something for a pitcher.

The lack of power is maddening, especially in regards to Beltran and Freese.

This season may be Freese's last with the Cardinals. Local kid becomes WS hero be damned. You can't keep dead weight on your roster because of past performance.

I think they may move him this off season as part of a trade. No one is taking Carpenter out of the lineup. Wong deserves to be in the big show. They can be the #1 and #2 hitters in our lineup for 5 years starting in 2014. But, to do that Freese has to go and Carp play 3B.

Then we have to get more power into the lineup in 2014. Adams and Taveras should help. Jay in the #2 spot is a disaster.

Frazod 07-21-2013 08:26 AM

Lynn truly seems to be half a pitcher. Lights out in the first half of the season, total darkness after that. He either needs to be a reliever or not start pitching until after the All Star break.

O.city 07-21-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9824932)
This season may be Freese's last with the Cardinals. Local kid becomes WS hero be damned. You can't keep dead weight on your roster because of past performance.

I think they may move him this off season as part of a trade. No one is taking Carpenter out of the lineup. Wong deserves to be in the big show. They can be the #1 and #2 hitters in our lineup for 5 years starting in 2014. But, to do that Freese has to go and Carp play 3B.

Then we have to get more power into the lineup in 2014. Adams and Taveras should help. Jay in the #2 spot is a disaster.

I don't think Carpenter has the power to profile at 3rd, to be honest. But I don't think that would be a bad idea, I like having a little more thunder in the 2 hole.

If you do that too, I'd keep Beltran on a year by year basis.

whoman69 07-21-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9824957)
I don't think Carpenter has the power to profile at 3rd, to be honest. But I don't think that would be a bad idea, I like having a little more thunder in the 2 hole.

If you do that too, I'd keep Beltran on a year by year basis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9824932)

Too bad about Freese. A lot of talent, but not consistent enough, can't stay on the field. It may be a PR nightmare to part ways with him.

Carpenter has played some 3rd. Not sure if he has the body type to stand up to the pounding everyday. That would be a good way to get more young talent into the lineup but would lack power at a position that normally calls for it.