ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

duncan_idaho 09-18-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10925787)
I was speaking of this board alone. I've seen the polls in KC that heavily favor a general approval for Smith.

That's because most fans in KC are easily pleased idiots who are happy with being "competitive" (read: Not effing terrible) year-after-year and can't stand/stomach a true building process. As long as the team might make the playoffs and there's a reason to go out and get drunk in the parking lot, people are happy to pay $27 to park and NFL ticket prices to watch "competitiveness."

Those fans look at a completely mediocre QB like Alex Smith, compare him to the shit show that has populated the position for KC since Joe Montana retired and Trent Green had 3-4 good years and think he's good enough.

Most of these people thought the Chiefs had a legit playoff hope this year despite all evidence to the contrary. They're casual/t-shirt fans. They're the same people who thought the Chiefs had an actual shot of doing something in the playoffs in 2010/with Matt Cassel.

temper11 09-18-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 10925736)
Well, I won't speak for others, either, but none of those reasons have value for me.

I don't expect them too. Those are the reasons I am a fan. Get what you want out of Football, that's what it is for.

Quote:

I have no interest in rooting for the underdog. As a Chiefs fan, it seems like I have been doing that for most of the last 20 years. I'm tired of it and tired of the results that come with it. At the end of it, football is just a game and it doesn't really matter if the team wins or loses. Hey, every team loses. But it is a lot less fun if the team always loses. Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 20 years (and won't win one this year, either). Want to win a playoff game?- maybe field less underdogs under center. I'm not blaming Alex's performance in the most recent playoff loss.

Again, that's fine. I'm not asking you to root for an underdog. Root for whatever you want. You think Smith is to blame for you not getting your playoff win this year... that is your right and you are among a number of fans here who beat that same drum. I disagree - hence the message board discussion.

Quote:

I don't really like the way Alex plays. Hey, I can laugh when Frank Moreau runs directly at a linebacker and falls down. I can cheer when Kimble Anders takes a swing pass for 12 yards on 3rd and 8. But I am jealous when I see Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, et al. routinely hit receivers downfield for big plays. I want that for the Chiefs. I want a QB who throws for a lot of yards, and a lot of touchdowns. It is more exciting to me than the 75 play, 17 point offense of last weekend.

Yep... that's what most fans want. The problem is that the Chiefs don't have the receiving core for that - and quite possibly they don't have the QB for that either - not really his style of play. But if you brought in Drew Brees on this team right now, I don't think you'd be rewarded with a bunch of bombs either. Chiefs just don't have that receiving core talent on the roster.

Quote:

And I really don't care if Alex is a nice guy. Dale Carter was one of my favorite Chiefs and he would routinely get 15 yard penalties for unnecessary roughness and/or unsportsmanlike conduct. Not only was I not bothered by it, I think it is important for competetive athletes to have some measure of attitude. Now, I'm not talking about off the field legal issues- that is different. But I think the Chiefs need less team captains and more competetive on-field swagger.

Yeah.. to each his own. I like aggressive, hard hitting football as much as anyone. Think the league is getting a bit too (safety oriented for my taste) but I don't get off on cheap shots and diva's. I'm not saying that Carter was that (I'm not familiar with Carter) but some fans really like that sort of thing. I like Justin Smith. Dude just flat kills you and doesn't run his mouth about it or take cheap shots doing it. I prefer Eric Reid to Dashon Goldson - that sort of thing. And I enjoy it more if I "like" the players on my team. But like I said to each his own.

Hammock Parties 09-18-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10925679)
There's no moving on because you guys are willing to do so. Get used to it. Start displaying some modicum or flexibility or get attacked. Endlessly.

Alex Smith fans:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ahts98kT_fQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The rest of us:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FDOh3ACX-5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

temper11 09-18-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10925840)
That's because most fans in KC are easily pleased idiots who are happy with being "competitive" (read: Not effing terrible) year-after-year and can't stand/stomach a true building process. As long as the team might make the playoffs and there's a reason to go out and get drunk in the parking lot, people are happy to pay $27 to park and NFL ticket prices to watch "competitiveness."

Those fans look at a completely mediocre QB like Alex Smith, compare him to the shit show that has populated the position for KC since Joe Montana retired and Trent Green had 3-4 good years and think he's good enough.

Most of these people thought the Chiefs had a legit playoff hope this year despite all evidence to the contrary. They're casual/t-shirt fans. They're the same people who thought the Chiefs had an actual shot of doing something in the playoffs in 2010/with Matt Cassel.

Right, I got it. You, and the majority of people on his board are right, and everyone else that doesn't share your opinion of Alex Smith automatically fall into the casual/t-shirt fan category.

duncan_idaho 09-18-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10925854)
Right, I got it. You, and the majority of people on his board are right, and everyone else that doesn't share your opinion of Alex Smith automatically fall into the casual/t-shirt fan category.

Do you live in Kansas City?

I know you became a fan when Alex Smith became a Chief because, gosh darn it, you just like that guy so darn much.

But if you aren't embedded in this city and you haven't been around these fans for a long time and you haven't suffered with the Chiefs for the past 20+ years, it's going to be hard for you to realize just how different the fans on this internet message board are from the fans that comprise the rest of the fanbase.

People who take to message boards about their teams are more intense and also know more about football than casual, watch-it-on-Sunday-and-wear-a-Chiefs-shirt-on-red-Friday fans, whether its the Chiefs or a college team or whatever.

This is a no-bullshit place. It always has been. Turds are called out as turds.

BottomShelfBooze 09-18-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10925869)

I know you became a fan when Alex Smith became a Chief because, gosh darn it, you just like that guy so darn much.

But if you aren't embedded in this city and you haven't been around these fans for a long time and you haven't suffered with the Chiefs for the past 20+ years, it's going to be hard for you to realize just how different the fans on this internet message board are from the fans that comprise the rest of the fanbase.

People who take to message boards about their teams are more intense and also know more about football than casual, watch-it-on-Sunday-and-wear-a-Chiefs-shirt-on-red-Friday fans, whether its the Chiefs or a college team or whatever.

you shut your filthy whore mouth! Yeezus was the greatest album

temper11 09-18-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10925679)
The lack of objectivity when it comes to Alex Smith has absolutely RUINED the football discussion on this board and you and Sandy and the rest of you ****heads are the biggest part of it.

There's no moving on because you guys are willing to do so. Get used to it. Start displaying some modicum or flexibility or get attacked. Endlessly.

ha ha ha... this is so patently ridiculous. The only thing any of you would accept is if I lay down and say I think Smith is the worst QB that has ever played.

I don't believe that.

Since that is the only acceptable answer to the "detractors", how am I supposed to be flexible? I've already stated that I don't consider him to be elite. I don't put him in the same conversations as QB's like Manning, Brees, Brady, etc. I think he's a good solid QB. A great game manager. I like his WC style of play (hell, I grew up on it). I don't think any QB can succeed in an environment like the Chiefs have now. But many here will just continue to discard and discard and discard QB after QB after QB, always thinking they just haven't found THEIR "white knight" yet.

If you go to the draft, can you find the next Peyton Manning? Maybe. I honestly hope you do, because that's all most of you can think about. So I honestly hope you find your guy. I'm sorry Smith isn't that for you, but I didn't sign him - go talk to Dorsey. I just enjoy following Smith's career, and will continue to marvel at how insanely crazy that simple fact makes the rest of you. I've been nothing but civil on this board.

Titty Meat 09-18-2014 02:03 PM

Kansas City in general is filled with dumbasses

Discuss Thrower 09-18-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10925887)
ha ha ha... this is so patently ridiculous. The only thing any of you would accept is if I lay down and say I think Smith is the worst QB that has ever played.

I don't believe that.

Since that is the only acceptable answer to the "detractors", how am I supposed to be flexible? I've already stated that I don't consider him to be elite. I don't put him in the same conversations as QB's like Manning, Brees, Brady, etc. I think he's a good solid QB. A great game manager. I like his WC style of play (hell, I grew up on it). I don't think any QB can succeed in an environment like the Chiefs have now. But many here will just continue to discard and discard and discard QB after QB after QB, always thinking they just haven't found THEIR "white knight" yet.

If you go to the draft, can you find the next Peyton Manning? Maybe. I honestly hope you do, because that's all most of you can think about. So I honestly hope you find your guy. I'm sorry Smith isn't that for you, but I didn't sign him - go talk to Dorsey. I just enjoy following Smith's career, and will continue to marvel at how insanely crazy that simple fact makes the rest of you. I've been nothing but civil on this board.

Kansas City can't afford to draft a quarterback because they've invested too much money and too many picks into the Smith trade.

That's it. No FO can justify drafting a quarterback that projects to be an actual starter because they have to use premium picks on OTs and WRs to make Smith's game management abilities worth while.

temper11 09-18-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

I've actually been a casual fan (no-t-shirt though, maybe I should get one) of the Chiefs on and off for a very long time. As many of you have pointed out, you've been kind enough to re-tread a few other ex-49ers over the years that I've enjoyed following. (Quick, pull out some more hair, grind your teeth down further in absolute rage over such an abhorrent statement!)

Quote:

This is false. I'm neither saying that you aren't intense or even knowledgeable about football, I'm just refuting your claim that bloggers are MORE intense and knowledgeable than non-bloggers. They are typically just "louder" and more rude, (but that is just because the internet allows for inconsequential rudeness.)

Quote:

This is not a no-bullshit place. I've been called a "homosexual" almost daily because I don't share the blogs majority opinion on Smith. As a father of four, and a guilty patron of the "All Boobs" thread, I can assure you that particular claim is most definitely bullshit. :)

temper11 09-18-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10925727)
Warpaint will love you. Enjoy your time there.

Where is this board?... Maybe I'll go over there and leave you all to your Smith-bash fest. As much as you all seem to think I am here to antagonize you, I really am not.

Hammock Parties 09-18-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10925950)

This is not a no-bullshit place. I've been called a "homosexual" almost daily because I don't share the blogs majority opinion on Smith. As a father of four, and a guilty patron of the "All Boobs" thread, I can assure you that particular claim is most definitely bullshit. :)

As someone who has been called a homosexual more times than anyone here, including the actual homosexuals, I can tell you that it IS a no bullshit place.

Sandy Vagina 09-18-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10925958)
I can tell you that it IS a no bullshit place.

Out of momentary curiosity, what does this description entail? That you guys are ultra-serious? that you pull no punches? that you call it like it is, and let the impotent insults fly at will? :hmmm:

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-18-2014 02:35 PM

Again, I ask:

If the Chiefs are close enough to grab Mariota and pass, and then take a lineman, do you now admit that they are not interested in building a contender?

hisenberg99 09-18-2014 02:37 PM

Andy Kotite sucks too.