ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Manning ruled out KC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257536)

pr_capone 03-20-2012 08:07 PM

Manning is a punk bitch. I respected him when I thought he was after a Super Bowl. This is a ****ing money grab.

**** PM.

Quesadilla Joe 03-20-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8477574)
And it's not like Manning hurts ticket sales or anything

LMAO

Again, Denver has a 10 year waiting list for season tickets and they have sold out every home game since 1970. I think the Redskins are the only team in the NFL with a longer sellout streak.

whoman69 03-20-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8477464)
The Colts were picked for the SB most every year. Made it twice. Manning went 1-1.

Those teams were infinitely more talented than this Denver team.

I don't think the addition of a 36 year old Manning who hasn't played in almost two years puts Denver in the playing field for a SB at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8477470)
If Manning were picking teams based on talent, he wouldn't have talked to the Titans or Broncos. He would have talked to the Chiefs and 9ers. Esp the 9ers, who with him, would have a great shot at a title. The donks? Not so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8477466)
we are still 6 months away from the season and lots of things can happen but Manning immediately makes the Broncos better and the Broncos went 8-8 last year and won a playoff game, so how bad is this team? Obviously Manning thinks it's pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8477484)
You saw how good the Colts were without Manning. They never had a great defense and Manning made everyone look better on offense

For all the talk about how good Denver's D was last year they were 24th against points, 27th against the rush, and 20th in yards. Their receivers are weak and don't have a skilled TE in the bunch. The running game was horrible without Tebow in there. If you're looking at the talent that could surround Manning, Denver was probably the least talented of the bunch. They will have to revamp their offense to go with Manning. He is used to running two TE, 1 rb sets, which the Broncos don't really have now.

Titty Meat 03-20-2012 08:10 PM

If Cassel won a playoff game he'd be a Chief for life.

That's the difference between a good franchise (Broncos) and a shit one (Chiefs)

Bugeater 03-20-2012 08:13 PM

Pre-qualified??? Did he run a credit check on them too?

rtmike 03-20-2012 08:14 PM

OK, if he's so damn good, why only 1 SB title in how many years?

Look what Joe Cool did here in 2 years!

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-20-2012 08:15 PM

oops...wring thread.

bricks 03-20-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 8477664)
OK, if he's so damn good, why only 1 SB title in how many years?

Look what Joe Cool did here in 2 years!

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

I honestly think it was his teams.

C'mon. His teams in Indy weren't that good.

As soon as you take PM away, Colts are very below average. That was evident this year.

Bugeater 03-20-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8477677)

As soon as you take PM away, Colts are very below average. That was evident this year.

Or maybe they were just throwing games.

pr_capone 03-20-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8477656)
Pre-qualified??? Did he run a credit check on them too?

should have used free credit report.com

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dFbNw3bpKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheGuardian 03-20-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8477677)

His SB teams were pretty loaded.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-20-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8477466)
we are still 6 months away from the season and lots of things can happen but Manning immediately makes the Broncos better and the Broncos went 8-8 last year and won a playoff game, so how bad is this team? Obviously Manning thinks it's pretty good.

Being made the highest paid player in the game had something to do with that ROFL

Setsuna 03-20-2012 08:23 PM

Butthurt city!

bricks 03-20-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8477695)
His SB teams were pretty loaded.

Offensive side of the ball. Yes.

Defensive side of the ball not so much. They had a few good players. Mainly passrushers. Gary Brackett was okay, Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea.

But a few good players on D, doesn't make up for really good play overall as a defensive unit.

They've always had defenses ranked either in the middle of the pack or in the 20's.

But, I believe Manning made the defenses job a lot easier. Colts would junp out storming and build nice leads early in games, and force teams to rely a lot on their passing game to catch up. Having Manning enabled them to utilize their greatest assets on D in Freeney and Mathis.

cabletech94 03-20-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8477712)
Being made the highest paid player in the game had something to do with that ROFL

didn't PM say "it's not about the money"?

not looking through the whole thread to find out, i'm sure a few of you repost tough guys have already made the above clear.

just irritated that he had to go to denver.

like i needed another reason to hate that team.