ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Really hard not to like Matt Cassel. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261869)

Papi 07-29-2012 04:39 PM

My Cassel fandom will hit its peak when he is permanently benched or off the team. Whichever happens first.

KCBOSS1 07-29-2012 04:41 PM

I'll say it again..... for the 4th year in a row.... I would love for Matt Cassel to just turn a corner and be a 4000 yard passer, 104 passing rating with 35 touchdowns. I think he's a very upstanding, strong character guy and he's easy to root for. In fact, I do it every year. Go Matt!... please go. He seems to me like an eventual Sean Peyton (coach-wise) waiting to happen some day. But I hope that he either really turns it and becomes that guy or sucks it up totally so we can move on..... instead of this barely mediocre guy that the KC staff keeps waiting to become what they've invested for.

Hammock Parties 07-29-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 8776426)
Go Matt!... please go.

Leave now, and never come back, Matt!

kysirsoze 07-29-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8775867)
OH SHITZ, HE MADE A WAITRESS CRY!!!

Snapz, well we need to cut him right now.

Moron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8775875)
Wtf does some skank at applebees have to do with anything?

I don't give a shit if he made her cry, but if the position of the OP is the awfulness of his shitty play is mitigated by how nice of a guy he is, then I think stories illustrating he isn't are relevant.

That said, I don't remember hearing about this incident. Could use a link.

Mr. Kotter 07-29-2012 07:03 PM

I've been rooting for him from day one. I love his leadership, temperament, and off-the-field presence and contributions to the community. If he gets protection and some help from the rest of the offense, maybe he will mature and develp that elusive intangible that separates him from elite quarterbacks--pocket-presence and poise (yeah, yeah he lacks elite arm strength, but we can work around that.) I'll continue to root for him this year--but after that, enough is enough.

This team is young and building itself the right way, IMHO. If Cassel blows it this year, no matter the reason...I say, we move on. Given the lack of elite talent available to QB NFL teams, that won't be easy. So, yeah...hell yeah, "Let's go Matt!" Maybe you can be the second coming of Rich Gannon or better yet, Trent Green. A serious run at becoming one of them, would be a big deal at this point.

Brock 07-29-2012 08:01 PM

Coffee's for closers. Perform or get the **** out.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8776335)
I'm happy when LJ rips off a big run, but it's a lot more satisfying when Dexter McCluster can pull it off because McCluster's a good ****ing person who has overcome a ton of limitations to pull that accomplishment off. There's an element of satisfaction to that that LJ can never match.

Who gives a **** what someone does off the field? This isn't the ****ing 1600's. Even guys like Babe Ruth ****ed chicks, cheated on their wives and drank their asses off.

If Babe Ruth were a football player on the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012, you'd be less satisfied with victories and Super Bowls?

WTF?

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 8776701)
I've been rooting for him from day one. I love his leadership, temperament, and off-the-field presence and contributions to the community. If he gets protection and some help from the rest of the offense, maybe he will mature and develp that elusive intangible that separates him from elite quarterbacks--pocket-presence and poise (yeah, yeah he lacks elite arm strength, but we can work around that.) I'll continue to root for him this year--but after that, enough is enough.

This team is young and building itself the right way, IMHO. If Cassel blows it this year, no matter the reason...I say, we move on. Given the lack of elite talent available to QB NFL teams, that won't be easy. So, yeah...hell yeah, "Let's go Matt!" Maybe you can be the second coming of Rich Gannon or better yet, Trent Green. A serious run at becoming one of them, would be a big deal at this point.

I'm good with the direction of the team but Matt Cassel has as much chance of becoming Trent Green as I do.

Direckshun 07-29-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8776865)
Who gives a **** what someone does off the field? This isn't the ****ing 1600's. Even guys like Babe Ruth ****ed chicks, cheated on their wives and drank their asses off.

If Babe Ruth were a football player on the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012, you'd be less satisfied with victories and Super Bowls?

WTF?

I just don't know, if you don't give two shits about the players, why even choose the Chiefs.

Again, I'm not telling OTW to stop rooting for the Chiefs. I'm genuinely puzzled.

If all you care about are wins and victories, the Chiefs clearly are not for you. They haven't won shit in decades, they have a GM guys like OTW can't stand, and are assembled in ways he disapproves of.

If all you care about are wins, find a team who builds itself the way you prefer.

O.city 07-29-2012 09:28 PM

So OTW, if talent is all that matters, why were you so pissed when we signed Hillis?

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8776886)
I just don't know, if you don't give two shits about the players, why even choose the Chiefs.

Again, I'm not telling OTW to stop rooting for the Chiefs. I'm genuinely puzzled.

If all you care about are wins and victories, the Chiefs clearly are not for you. They haven't won shit in decades, they have a GM guys like OTW can't stand, and are assembled in ways he disapproves of.

If all you care about are wins, find a team who builds itself the way you prefer.

Gee, thanks. Such insight. But then, I should consider the source, right, Voyager?

:rolleyes:

BillSelfsTrophycase 07-29-2012 09:34 PM

Really hard not to like Matt Cassel.

No, it's really not

In58men 07-29-2012 09:50 PM

Forrest Gump is on LifeTime.

Anyone watching? Better tuck that lip in get it caught on a trip wire. Lol

Direckshun 07-29-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8776923)
Gee, thanks. Such insight. But then, I should consider the source, right, Voyager?

:rolleyes:

I don't know who Voyager is.

But I'll assume he was some random asshat you've cleverly decided to compare me to.

This is the kind of nuanced, witty banter we've missed in your absence.

May it flourish anew, indefinitely.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8776975)
I don't know who Voyager is.

But I'll assume he was some random asshat you've cleverly decided to compare me to.

This is the kind of nuanced, witty banter we've missed in your absence.

May it flourish anew, indefinitely.

Says the dumbass who pulls the "Then why are you a fan?" card.

People like you make it tough to be a fan, that's for sure. Although 10 ****ING MILLION mock drafts, that hit on NO ONE, sure are helpful. Thanks.