ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ** Official KSU v KU Game Thread ** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264697)

kstater 10-06-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8982015)
It's not a good call when you're out of timeouts with single digits in seconds left.

There was 17 seconds left in the half at the start of the play. He runs at the defender he either gets in or they get a second snap off. Hell they could have gotten one off there had the ref had his head out of his ass and gotten the ball back in.

Raiderhater 10-06-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8982016)
This D is exactly what you see. At OU they took advantage of a forced fumble and fumble that they had no real hand in forcing as OU was marching for a TD. They gave up a 23-25 passing performance to North Texas St and their QB to that point had completed about 55% in his career. Mo. ST passed all the field on them also, throwing short slants, bubble screens, and out patterns. IOW, just like today.

They hide their deficiencies well by playing bend but don't break. But they break. Constantly.

And that is why I hate that style of defense. It always breaks at some point. It is nothing more than a glorified prevent defense.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-06-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8982023)
There was 17 seconds left in the half at the start of the play. He runs at the defender he either gets in or they get a second snap off. Hell they could have gotten one off there had the ref had his head out of his ass and gotten the ball back in.

What about a fade route? I'm just saying get some points out of it, running isn't what I'd do with no timeouts but I'm not getting paid lol.

kstater 10-06-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8982028)
What about a fade route? I'm just saying get some points out of it, running isn't what I'd do with no timeouts but I'm not getting paid lol.

Because that run is a much, much, much higher percentage play. There's not a qb in the country that can throw a fade route TD with a 50% success rate.

notorious 10-06-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8982028)

Fade?

Worst play in all of football. It would be especially bad for KSU to run since their WR's are 5'6 tall and Klein isn't exactly a touch passer.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-06-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8982030)
Because that run is a much, much, much higher percentage play. There's not a qb in the country that can throw a fade route TD with a 50% success rate.

Well with Uncle Rico yeah. ;)

Chiefs Pantalones 10-06-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8982033)
Fade?

Worst play in all of football. It would be especially bad for KSU to run since their WR's are 5'6 tall and Klein isn't exactly a touch passer.

Yeah I know, I wasn't thinking. I forgot momentarily that he sucks at throwing.

kstater 10-06-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8982036)

You prove your reerunation with a post like this.

notorious 10-06-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8982036)

:D

He surprises from time to time, but I don't think he hits the trashcan in the corner of the endzone very often.

WilliamTheIrish 10-06-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8982014)
My understanding was that he had a pass and run play sent down to him and he chose the one he wanted then sent it got sent to the QB. Maybe I was misinformed.

Not like the old days. That's why this clusterful shit doesn't happen as often. He allows Dimel and Del Miller to their job. He'll overrule of need be, but not often.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-06-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8982038)
You prove your reerunation with a post like this.

lol k. He's Tom Brady. Homer.

Raiderhater 10-06-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8982041)
Not like the old days. That's why this clusterful shit doesn't happen as often. He allows Dimel and Del Miller to their job. He'll overrule of need be, but not often.

I'm not arguing with you just wondering, why then does almost every play come down to seconds left on the play clock before the ball is snapped?

notorious 10-06-2012 11:59 AM

Should have onsided it. That might be the only way to keep KU from scoring.

Raiderhater 10-06-2012 12:01 PM

That is MUCH better. Just have to keep that up.

WilliamTheIrish 10-06-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8982025)
And that is why I hate that style of defense. It always breaks at some point. It is nothing more than a glorified prevent defense.

It's a talent problem. Poor recruiting on the DL.

Good start as I trash the D.