ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Pioli Media Tour Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265286)

clyde05 10-17-2012 02:40 PM

How can Pioli actually think this franchise is better off now then 4 years ago, and that Romeo is doing a good job the best he can. C'mon man Pioli has got to go!!!

1ChiefsDan 10-17-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9025111)
I get it......Len Dawson brought us the only Superbowl trophy that we have.....but why the **** do people want Clark to talk to Lenny about what to do? JFC.

This.

FAX 10-17-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 9025124)
How can Pioli actually think this franchise is better off now then 4 years ago, and that Romeo is doing a good job the best he can. C'mon man Pioli has got to go!!!

He can't. If he said that with a straight face, I'd be surprised.

He's blowing voluminous volumes of PR bunk out his patoot in the hope that it will appease the fan base.

The saddest part of all, Mr. clyde05, is that it probably will.

FAX

007 10-17-2012 02:48 PM

Is the 610 interview up to be heard yet?

clyde05 10-17-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9025138)
He can't. If he said that with a straight face, I'd be surprised.

He's blowing voluminous volumes of PR bunk out his patoot in the hope that it will appease the fan base.

The saddest part of all, Mr. clyde05, is that it probably will.

FAX

With all the interviews he did today, I think he just dug himself in a deeper hole, if anybody believes any of that shit they are crazy!

Priest31kc 10-17-2012 02:50 PM

**** Pioli

Courtney Fallon ‏@CourtneyNBC6
Wow. Per @JasonColeYahoo on @560WQAM, #Dolphins are potentially negotiating a deal for #Chiefs stud WR Dwayne Bowe.

Micjones 10-17-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9025120)
I grant you all of that. And well said.

I would simply add that, his "genuine belief" in Cassel was sufficiently flawed and so grossly mistaken as to allow for (demand, even) legitimate questioning of Pioli's basic evaluation abilities.

How much did he really have to go on though Mr. Fax?
There was really only one season on the books (his final season in New England). Looks like an aberration in hindsight, but it looked like a pretty solid season at the time. It certainly didn't warrant an 8-figure contract, but that takes us back to the root problem...the contract.

Would the evaluation be as heinous if he'd allowed him to play for a year under the tag? Cassel stinks up the place...you chuck two at him. Who'd be calling for Pioli's head under that scenario? Probably a precious few people.

Quote:

Regardless of how his opinion might have been colored by emotion or affection or history or relationship, he is paid to "get it right" and be objective in his player assessments.
In the ultimate sense, yes.
In every situation, no.

No GM is free of botched player assessments.

Quote:

I have, obviously, believed from the outset that Cassel's contract terms were nothing less than absurd and my prior posts will prove that out. It made far more sense to give him a short-term deal and go from there. But the issues are really separate. Cassel's contract terms don't negate the fact that Pioli should have been able to better anticipate the ability and ultimate potential of his quarterback of choice ... especially given his prior, intimate experience with the player.

FAX
Intimate experience affords you a wider knowledge of a player, but it also increases the chance that you'll have an attachment to said player. An attachment that may affect how you evaluate him.

That said, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Always a pleasure, Mr. Fax.

The Franchise 10-17-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9025170)
**** Pioli

Courtney Fallon ‏@CourtneyNBC6
Wow. Per @JasonColeYahoo on @560WQAM, #Dolphins are potentially negotiating a deal for #Chiefs stud WR Dwayne Bowe.

**** you Scott Pioli.

Well.....at least we'll have the record for never holding a lead this year......EVER.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2012 02:54 PM

God ****ing dammit Clark. Don't let Pioli trade ANYONE. FIRE HIS ASS NOW.

FAX 10-17-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 9025167)
With all the interviews he did today, I think he just dug himself in a deeper hole, if anybody believes any of that shit they are crazy!

Many will, Mr. clyde05. Unfortunately.

The desire to believe in something (even a false belief) is a force that powers the human condition. Chiefs fans cling to the thread of hope as though it were an umbilical cord that supplies the pride and glory of years past.

And ironically, hope is a very good thing. Perhaps the best thing. And it doesn't take much to bring it back to life. Sadly, evil people have used this fact to their benefit from time immemorial. It's how the Toss & Chop made millions at $19.95 a pop.

FAX

FAX 10-17-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9025174)
How much did he really have to go on though Mr. Fax?
There was really only one season on the books (his final season in New England). Looks like an aberration in hindsight, but it looked like a pretty solid season at the time. It certainly didn't warrant an 8-figure contract, but that takes us back to the root problem...the contract.

Would the evaluation be as heinous if he'd allowed him to play for a year under the tag? Cassel stinks up the place...you chuck two at him. Who'd be calling for Pioli's head under that scenario? Probably a precious few people.

In the ultimate sense, yes.
In every situation, no.

No GM is free of botched player assessments.

Intimate experience affords you a wider knowledge of a player, but it also increases the chance that you'll have an attachment to said player. An attachment that may affect how you evaluate him.

That said, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Always a pleasure, Mr. Fax.

Same.

EDIT: (I assume Pioli watched him in practice, too. For years.)

FAX