ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Why is facebook the dumbest thing ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270666)

tooge 03-04-2013 09:59 AM

I have a FB page, but I check it about twice a month. I'll scroll down a few pages to see if anyone has died, won the lottery, killed anyone, etc. Other than that, the random day to day shit that some of my friends spout is sort of annoying. I have a buddy in Wichita that makes probably 15 status updates per day, and they are always mundane shit. I really don't care that you were 25 minutes late to work and spilled coffee on your new shoes running into the office. It does have a purpose I guess.

Predarat 03-04-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9462673)
That moment when you bite into a perfectly cooked piece of crisp bacon.....

----Save Our Chiefs and 347 other people like this

That is like worthy, and with the right piece of bacon, comment worthy.

Iowanian 03-04-2013 12:12 PM

The targeted marketing features are very effective and pretty affordable.

You can easily target people within a certain distance of your company/event. You can target people in certain states or areas that "like" certain companies/events/bands or friends of people who like those things.

For a smart small business with limited marketing, it's very effective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9462452)
I had an account and dumped it. I find it annoying as hell. Facebook, the company has a history of not being terribly considerate of their users’ privacy. They may have privacy options available now, but do you really trust a company like that when it comes to your business? If you do, that’s great. Dense perhaps, but great.
But then again I am over the age of 45 and get grumpy with this whole social media bullshit.
I hate that

Garcia Bronco 03-04-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459332)
Seriously?

I had an original account I deativated 3 years ago because even 80% of my real friends are ****ing annoying.

So I started a new job 2 weeks ago and corporate likes "the talent" to have personal fb pages. So I started another. 2 weeks in and I deactivated it again tonight. I seriously don't care what they think... if fb stupidity is a requirement here then send me on to my next job.

Is this really what we've come to? Goddamn CP is full of stupid enough. Don't make me do facebook too.

BTW those of you on my fb friends list, you can go ahead and delete. Or whatever.

Maybe you should change your username to Dr McCoy. The dude had nothing but contempt for technology. I think I hear the phone cops coming. :)

Phobia 03-04-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9462676)
I have a FB page, but I check it about twice a month. I'll scroll down a few pages to see if anyone has died, won the lottery, killed anyone, etc. Other than that, the random day to day shit that some of my friends spout is sort of annoying. I have a buddy in Wichita that makes probably 15 status updates per day, and they are always mundane shit. I really don't care that you were 25 minutes late to work and spilled coffee on your new shoes running into the office. It does have a purpose I guess.

That's why you have to be smart. Nobody wants to see 150 pictures of your kid or hear about each time he mastered a new task such as rolling over. I think I've posted about 7 pictures of my 7 month old son. People are fine with that kind of quantity. Netiquette is pretty easy if you have half a brain.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9461454)

ROFL Holy shit!

Deberg_1990 03-04-2013 12:24 PM

Post anything about Wal Mart, Apple or Obama in your status and see if you get any responses...

The Franchise 03-04-2013 12:26 PM

I have a rule......

If you post more than 8 times in one day.....I take you off of my feed. I've already done that shit to at least 20 of my friends. I had a cousin who made it ONE ****ING DAY.

Phobia 03-04-2013 12:51 PM

Even 8x is excessive unless you're doing something truly epic and need to share pictures live. I don't think I post more than 1-2x and most days nothing at all on my status. I'm happy to interact with other people on theirs.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9463028)
I have a rule......

If you post more than 8 times in one day.....I take you off of my feed. I've already done that shit to at least 20 of my friends. I had a cousin who made it ONE ****ING DAY.

The inverse is also true: If people that I don't communicate with elsewhere (email, phone, text, etc.) don't post at least a few times a month, especially people who were "fringe" friends to begin with, I remove them from my friends list.

I don't need voyeurs, especially since I have little kids.

The Franchise 03-04-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9463110)
The inverse is also true: If people that I don't communicate with elsewhere (email, phone, text, etc.) don't post at least a few times a month, especially people who were "fringe" friends to begin with, I remove them from my friends list.

I don't need voyeurs, especially since I have little kids.

Sorry dude.....I'll start posting more. :D

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9463118)

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

LMAO

The Franchise 03-04-2013 01:19 PM

Seriously though.....I always think about posting on FB.....and then I re-read what I've typed....and decide not to.

Bowser 03-04-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aBaYVo89mmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>