ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468303)
That alone makes no sense in itself.

Do you believe he is worth 20 million a year for 6 years? Your failure to answer speaks volumes.

Except the contract won't make it 6 years.

Have you paid attention? they are all bs. It's all about guaranteed money.

Brady signed a REAL contract. 57 million guaranteed. No bs
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468362)
Now, if I lose, I demand an autographed pick of Mr. Donaldson. God knows it will be worth a fortune if he ever plays the MIT Greenblatt.

You in Boston??

I believe the SF Mechanics are in the same leauge as the "New England Nor'easters"

http://uschessleague.com/team-icons/newengland-lg.jpg

http://uschessleague.com/standings-2012.php

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:34 PM

I'm going for the cortical foundation.

Polimicrogyria research
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:37 PM

Pawn you a pro?

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468418)
Pawn you a pro?

no........

I'm a slightly above average 'club player'.....

You pretty much have to be a master to make much money in Chess.....

okcchief 03-05-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9468125)
Dorsey just cheesed out on the radio when Kevin K asked about drafting a QB.

Never say never

Can you elaborate?

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9468442)
Can you elaborate?

I was curious what cheesed out meant also

whoman69 03-05-2013 07:06 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. If they trade Albert, no way this happens.

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467524)
If wanting to bang Boxxy makes one a creep, I don't wanna be anything else!

Well she's 16 in that video so... :shrug:

Red Dawg 03-05-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9467748)
Again, Steve McNair sat his first two seasons with the Titans (at least a season and a half), and I'm thinking everyone here would let Geno sit for a season or two if the end result was a Super Bowl berth. There would be no crime in taking Geno. Our QB situation is far worse than our tackle situation, and Dorsey/Reid do seem to understand that you just won't win in this league without a capable QB. Unfortunately for Alex Smith, he doesn't seem to be quite so durable. The Chiefs need quarterback upgrades in the worst way. Hell, I wouldn't be against them beinging in Matt Moore while drafting Geno, and let Geno ride third string this year.

Taking a QB in the first wound completely undermind Alex as the leader. They wont do it. Trade 34 for a QB and use our number one on a QB is not going to happen. His deal will probably get some type of extension and we will have live with it. Andy is in full win now mode not hold down the fort while this kid practices mode.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9468985)
Taking a QB in the first wound completely undermind Alex as the leader. They wont do it. Trade 34 for a QB and use our number one on a QB is not going to happen. His deal will probably get some type of extension and we will have live with it. Andy is in full win now mode not hold down the fort while this kid practices mode.

The Chiefs didn't trade their second round pick this year for a QB, just to turn around and draft a QB #1 overall, which basically means the veteran is looking over his shoulder during training camp and regular season.

You'd split the loyalties of both offense and defense, especially if there was a bad game or two, and completely mind **** your team by even making such a move.

Alex Smith will be the guy in 2013. Love it or hate it.

BossChief 03-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469108)
The Chiefs didn't trade their second round pick this year for a QB, just to turn around and draft a QB #1 overall, which basically means the veteran is looking over his shoulder during training camp and regular season.

You'd split the loyalties of both offense and defense, especially if there was a bad game or two, and completely mind **** your team by even making such a move.

Alex Smith will be the guy in 2013. Love it or hate it.

This is a unique situation, though.

If they think Geno as a good chance at being top notch, but also has a flaw that scares them about him, why not hedge their bets by signing a guy that can hit the field right away while Geno learns the offense, the play calls, the protections, the personnel and has time to be prepared?

Alex Smith gives them a dependable game manager that is a top notch teammate so that if the Geno pick doesn't work out, they don't fall flat on their face because of it...but if it works out they look lik complete geniuses.

Just like the guys who selected Kaepernick, Wilson and Rodgers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467020)
Now that I sit here and read this and the responses, I think Reid/Dorsey are going for Barkley. I think they are going to try and convince a team to trade up for our pick to draft Geno, then they will slide back a bit, but still in the top 10, and take Barkley and use Alex as insurance to make sure Barkley heals properly.

Dude, I'll run right the **** to my computer, buy a Barkley jersey, and wear it with pride. Just DO THE ****ING DEAL FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Do it for SAUTO! DO IT FOR SAKe! I DONT GIVE A **** WHY ANYMORE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 03-05-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469169)
This is a unique situation, though.

If they think Geno as a good chance at being top notch, but also has a flaw that scares them about him, why not hedge their bets by signing a guy that can hit the field right away while Geno learns the offense, the play calls, the protections, the personnel and has time to be prepared?

Alex Smith gives them a dependable game manager that is a top notch teammate so that if the Geno pick doesn't work out, they don't fall flat on their face because of it...but if it works out they look lik complete geniuses.

Just like the guys who selected Kaepernick, Wilson and Rodgers.

Favre was GB boy and in no danger. Flynn was not handed the keys from the get go and Kaep was a project for a year selected by the HC. Alex will be given the job and most likely a new contract. Andy and Dorsey committed to him with the picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9467171)
There are legions of people opposed to taking a quarterback. They've spent the last week celebrating their righteous victory and ordering Alex Smith fatheads. There are plenty who would just fall in line, but those aren't the ones who've spent the last two months drawing lines in the sand.

If there really are legions of these useless ****s, then I do not feel one iota bad about reevaluating my relationship with the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device