ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

Chiefspants 04-26-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10583130)
I was under the impression that Evans was locked into a VERY high number picture deal when first offered the part.
I'm talking over 10 pictures. There will be no repeats of Downey - whose made sums in rival of the wealth of entire small nations.

Going forward they know they have the leverage and will simply find someone else if actors try making demands due to their appeal.
Anyone hear from Terrace Howard lately? His Q rating went down faster than a junkie sloot on some guy holding her next fix.

Evans was signed for six pictures (he's three movies into it), Stan was signed for nine (he's two into that one).

That information may or may not reveal where they intend to go with the Cap storyline.

Anyong Bluth 04-27-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10587872)
Evans was signed for six pictures (he's three movies into it), Stan was signed for nine (he's two into that one).

That information may or may not reveal where they intend to go with the Cap storyline.

Gotcha. It's a shame if Evans gets bounced. I think he's done well a Cap. He's not going to be back for F4 reboot as far as I've heard everyone will be recast for whenever they get around to shooting a new one.

DaveNull 04-27-2014 11:43 AM

One of those could be a Black Widow movie. They seem to be really working on the relationship between Black Widow and Winter Soldier in the comics. This cover is for July:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...2013008cvr.jpg

keg in kc 04-27-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10588627)
Gotcha. It's a shame if Evans gets bounced. I think he's done well a Cap. He's not going to be back for F4 reboot as far as I've heard everyone will be recast for whenever they get around to shooting a new one.

It's already been cast. Johnny Storm is going to be played by Michael B. Jordan, which caused somewhat of an uproar a couple months back.

Anyong Bluth 04-27-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10589463)
It's already been cast. Johnny Storm is going to be played by Michael B. Jordan, which caused somewhat of an uproar a couple months back.

I thought they announced it but wasn't sure. I'm not following it much till I see a trailer that doesn't look like dogshit.

Aries Walker 04-27-2014 06:43 PM

From everything I'm seeing, it looks like it's going to be dogshit.

Setsuna 04-28-2014 08:20 PM

Until Marvel gets everyone back, all the standalone movies by other studios will be garbage.

Sure-Oz 04-28-2014 08:30 PM

Just got out of this movie.. It was excellent, almost as good as Avengers, probably 2nd fave Marvel movie. Really liked it.

Anyong Bluth 04-28-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10591790)
Until Marvel gets everyone back, all the standalone movies by other studios will be garbage.

Sony isn't looking to give anything back and I believe the contract doesn't have an end date so long as they are commercially active in the franchise. Part of the reason why they quickly greenlit Amazing Spider-Man and fast tracked its release was to avoid the franchise rights reverting back to Marvel.
Now, they're going full boar with the expanded Spidey universe films. Sinister 6 stand alone and Venom movies. At least 1 is confirmed to be released before Spidey 3- maybe 2?

Garfield seems pretty resolute in 3 being his last. I wonder how much the events of 2 and if you know anything about his personal life pushed his decision about remaining with the role?

Just read: Before this year's release, Spider Man has made 3.3 billion - by far Sony's biggest cash cow. That's just for 4 films.

Counterpoint I read that's a good point. Marvel only has a budget and ability to do X number of films on their universe. If he returned in house it would kill any chance they would ever option to make a full feature movie like they are going to for Antman, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, GotGalaxy, etc.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10591790)

And yet Spider Man 2 will open with 100milly this weekend. that's why Sony won't ever let it go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyong Bluth 04-28-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10591897)
And yet Spider Man 2 will open with 100milly this weekend. that's why Sony won't ever let it go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sony is confident it'll very likely top a billion by their estimations.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10591922)
Sony is confident it'll very likely top a billion by their estimations.

Superman, Batman and Spiderman are probably the top A List of Superheroes. They will always "open" no matter how good or bad the movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 04-28-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10591942)
Superman, Batman and Spiderman are probably the top A List of Superheroes. They will always "open" no matter how good or bad the movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Batman was probably the cream of the crop after the 2nd and 3rd Nolan films. The bar was definitely raised there.

Superman has never been done well on film. I thought the last reboot was the best but what I liked about it is exactly what purist fanboys hated.

I'm a Marvel guy but I was always underwhelmed by the Spidey flicks. I never cared much for Toby's Spidey and it seemed the writing/direction got worse with each flick.

I think the success of Marvel has to do with their goal. Marvel wants to create a universe - it seems like DC wants to make movies that make money...

Deberg_1990 04-28-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10592074)

I think the success of Marvel has to do with their goal. Marvel wants to create a universe - it seems like DC wants to make movies that make money...

Yea pretty much.

That's the difference between a huge conglomerate like WB and Marvel. Marvel was basically an independent film company before Disney took them over. Hopefully the Disney oversight doesn't hurt their product, but so far it hasn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock 04-28-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10592116)
Yea pretty much.

That's the difference between a huge conglomerate like WB and Marvel. Marvel was basically an independent film company before Disney took them over. Hopefully the Disney oversight doesn't hurt their product, but so far it hasn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

So far, I'd say it's done nothing but enhance it. Disney gets Marvel, and Agents of Shield is on ABC and ties in brilliantly with the newest movies being released.

Meanwhile, the ****ing WB gets ****ing Green Arrow and a Batman-less Batman series and it has nothing to do with anything more than itself.