ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 NFL Sunday Ticket + Alternatives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274177)

Mr. Arrowhead 08-04-2014 04:26 PM

tips I saw on other boards are get to retention and try on either Monday or Tuesday because the CSR's only have so much credits they can give out during the week and are usually limited if you call later in the week.

The Franchise 08-04-2014 07:03 PM

Sunday Ticket for free.

The Franchise 08-04-2014 07:08 PM

And I got $100 Visa GC for free.

Johnny Vegas 08-05-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10794571)
And I got $100 Visa GC for free.

how? I called this morning and the lowest I could get them at was $39.99/6 months without max. Been a customer since '08. I told them I'd call back after I talk with the lady, but thats not the case I'm just waiting to call and get a different rep. I was nice, too. I've gotten them down to $30 previous years but never free. I don't have a 2 year agreement with them either. I could cancel anytime.

A Salt Weapon 08-05-2014 04:39 PM

Sweet, I was telling my dad about this, he tried earlier and got a girl that only offered him $60 off. I called a few hours later for him and got a broncos fan (male) in Colorado to give my dad the package for free, pay $100 extra for Max and got a $15 credit for 12 months.

So in the end I got him Max for free and save $80 over the course of a year, not bad for a 20 minute phone call.

The Franchise 08-05-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 10796147)
how? I called this morning and the lowest I could get them at was $39.99/6 months without max. Been a customer since '08. I told them I'd call back after I talk with the lady, but thats not the case I'm just waiting to call and get a different rep. I was nice, too. I've gotten them down to $30 previous years but never free. I don't have a 2 year agreement with them either. I could cancel anytime.

Who did you talk to when you called in?

I called in and when they asked me what I was calling about....I asked them how long I had left on my contract. The normal CSRs don't have access to this, so they transferred me. I got a lady who asked why I wanted to know...and I told her that Comcast was offering me better deals to switch. I also informed her that I was only with DirecTV because of the Sunday Ticket...but I couldn't afford it now because school was starting back up for the kids. She offered me $163 for the entire package and I told her that it was still too much. We went over a couple of different packages for the next 5-10 minutes and then she said that I'd probably get better deals if I called back after my contract was up. She finally asked if I got ST for free....would I stay with DirecTV....and I said yes. And then she said she'd throw in the $100 GC because I was such a loyal customer.

Nightfyre 08-05-2014 04:54 PM

I just ordered the laptop streaming package. I am stoked they have that offer in lieu of the madden offer they had last year.

Johnny Vegas 08-05-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10796277)

I called in and when they asked me what I was calling about....I asked them how long I had left on my contract. The normal CSRs don't have access to this, so they transferred me. I got a lady who asked why I wanted to know...and I told her that Comcast was offering me better deals to switch. I also informed her that I was only with DirecTV because of the Sunday Ticket...but I couldn't afford it now because school was starting back up for the kids. She offered me $163 for the entire package and I told her that it was still too much. We went over a couple of different packages for the next 5-10 minutes and then she said that I'd probably get better deals if I called back after my contract was up. She finally asked if I got ST for free....would I stay with DirecTV....and I said yes. And then she said she'd throw in the $100 GC because I was such a loyal customer.

I asked for customer retention in the beginning of the phone call where you state why you're calling. I should go that route next. thanks for the help.

Nzoner 08-05-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

You did better than me but I'm okay with my deal,I got the ticket for $239 but she also gave me a $200 Visa gift card.

DaFace 08-05-2014 07:19 PM

I got NFLST+Max for $160 (total) without really trying. (I was intending to cancel entirely, but that was good enough for me to consider keeping it.) I may call back again and see if they'll go any lower.

Mother****erJones 08-06-2014 03:32 PM

I got it for about 180 I could've done a lot better but I wasn't really wanting to deal all that shit

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2014 04:04 PM

I had a great rapport with the female CSR, chit-chatting, etc. Best they'd do is half off ST.

When my contract is up, I may actually leave them.

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2014 04:06 PM

They did offer me Red Zone for free. I don't care about RZ, I care only about the Chiefs games.

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

I played almost this exact line except going with medical expenses (true, btw). No go.

temper11 08-06-2014 04:16 PM

I don't know if anyone has posted this already as I didn't read through the string, but I found NFL Game Rewind to be a pretty decent alternative. You don't get the games live but if you can keep from seeing the scores until the Sunday night game is finished then it's just as good for a pretty reasonable price.

Good luck all.