ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

-King- 07-02-2014 09:32 PM

Report: The Chicago Bulls have informed Carlos Boozer that he will be amnestied, making him a free agent: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/20...-agency-diary/

Chiefs Pantalones 07-02-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10728678)
Hmm, I expected him to come in higher than that. I'm happy for Toronto. They're fans were great this year, they deserved this.

Looks like the Rockets will be out in the cold on the big free agents.

Melo is down to the Knicks and Bulls IMO (I think he stays in NY), Lowry stays in Toronto, the big 3 stay with the Heat IMO and I'm not sure the Rockets are hot after anyone else. They'll keep Parsons for sure now.

The only reason Melo stays in NY is for the money because they're nowhere close to competing for a title. But the reports are that he intends to stay with NY.

GloryDayz 07-02-2014 09:41 PM

Yay.... I'm hyped for the coming NBA season..

KC_Connection 07-02-2014 09:45 PM

Figured Lowry would stay in Toronto. Guess it's time to start building with that group further instead of any more contemplation of rebuilding.

With him not going to Miami, I don't see much, if any way, that the Heat will get significantly better this offseason. It's probably in LeBron's best interest to ditch that team right now.

GloryDayz 07-02-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10728722)
Figured Lowry would stay in Toronto. Guess it's time to start building with that group further instead of any more contemplation of rebuilding.

With him not going to Miami, I don't see much, if any way, that the Heat will get significantly better this offseason. It's probably in LeBron's best interest to ditch that team right now.

Me too.

KevB 07-02-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10728711)
The only reason Melo stays in NY is for the money because they're nowhere close to competing for a title. But the reports are that he intends to stay with NY.

Melo's wife and kids also love it in NYC. The family pull is stronger than fans think. Family + Money could certainly trump winning, especially with the Zen Master in his ear telling him about his grand plan to improve.

okcchief 07-02-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10728658)
Got to keep Reggie (at least for next year); no need to make another Harden-level mistake. Booting Perkins should be a no-brainer.

My understanding is if you use the amnesty they can still only offer a mid level. The only way around it is swinging a sign and trade. Perkins contract is expiring so it's possible someone will take it on, but it's going to take something extra. If they can get Gasol to take the mid level great. If they can dangle some other pieces and Perk great. It's encouraging to me that they are trying because they need to add a couple of pieces to finish it off. I believe this is Reggie ' s last year with the Thunder though. Teams are just too stupid with their money.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10728658)
Got to keep Reggie (at least for next year); no need to make another Harden-level mistake. Booting Perkins should be a no-brainer.

okcchief 07-02-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10728722)

That scenario seems more likely now. Seems like he's trying to not make it work there. I still think Miami is the favorite, but it seems rather odd they haven't moved quickly to improve the team.

mcaj22 07-03-2014 12:09 AM

if jodie meeks can get 20 million reggie is going to get 35-40 easy

KC native 07-03-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10728253)
in all honesty when he used to post up, he was probably the best big man i ever seen do it. dude had every single post up move there was and he was great at all of them. I dont know if he cant do it, or D'Antoni's system was taking him away from that or what.

Not even close.

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Olajuwon, and Shaq are all modern era players that were better post players than Pau. Pau slides even further if we start including players from before his time.

lcarus 07-03-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10728987)
Not even close.

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Olajuwon, and Shaq are all modern era players that were better post players than Pau. Pau slides even further if we start including players from before his time.

The fact that your first 2 on this list are Spurs players would be homerific bullshit...if they weren't that damn good.

KC native 07-03-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10728995)
The fact that your first 2 on this list are Spurs players would be homerific bullshit...if they weren't that damn good.

I didn't list them in any specific order. I was just pointing out that King (who is a Laker's fan) was overrating Pau's play.

saphojunkie 07-03-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10729082)
I didn't list them in any specific order. I was just pointing out that King (who is a Laker's fan) was overrating Pau's play.

Then, as a Laker fan, he has no business talking about Pau Gasol when Shaq, Kareem, and Wilt were all Lakers and would ****ing destroy Gasol.

okcchief 07-03-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10728799)
if jodie meeks can get 20 million reggie is going to get 35-40 easy

For sure. I had a delusion we might be able to sign him for 10 a year, but there's just no way. I have a feeling his stock is about to rise some more. Someone might be dumb enough to make him a max player. He's great going to the basket and his out side shot is getting better. However, hes still pretty bad defensively and doesn't look to pass the ball at all. People give Westbrook shit, but he's John Stockton next to Reggie.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-03-2014 02:34 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN has learmed that Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks have agreed to terms on three-year deal</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484796289323114496">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>