ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Woman behind the Redskins name change says the Chiefs should be on guard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284628)

R8RFAN 06-26-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10717199)
o:-)not

Not to mention that they have changed nothing. The Redskins are still unchanged. Chiefs is not derogatory at all and they had better go after the Indians, Braves and that crappy hockey team before us.

I predict the Redskins will cave and here is how they will cave

I predict TV revenue will eventually be with held from them and I predict the people I work for will cave to PC pressure and remove their name from the stadium they play in.

The company I work for celebrates LBGT month...So you think they won't cave?

hometeam 06-26-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10717205)
I predict the Redskins will cave and here is how they will cave

I predict TV revenue will eventually be with held from them and I predict the people I work for will cave to PC pressure and remove their name from the stadium they play in.

The company I work for celebrates LBGT month...So you think they won't cave?

Don't you know your not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth?

Fish 06-26-2014 04:46 PM

If only we'd voted for McCain...

BigRedChief 06-26-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10717195)
The people behind this PC correct shit are the Libs, Harry Reid is a Lib and the leader of the Libs and who was the one who brought the Redskins thing to vote... Say what you want but you can bet your ass this would not be an issue right now if the other guy got elected.

Again.. Elections have consequences ... You voted for the shit, deal with the new team name you get.

Knock off the partisan political BS statements. This is the lounge, not DC. Discuss how bad the political party is that believes different from you in the DC forum.

R8RFAN 06-26-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10717211)

We would be fighting wars all over the world.

007 06-26-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10717211)

If only we had term limits in congress.

007 06-26-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10717212)
Knock off the partisan political BS statements. This is the lounge, not DC. Discuss how bad the political party is that believes different from you in the DC forum.

to be honest, I'm kind of shocked both of these threads haven't been moved to DC yet.

R8RFAN 06-26-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10717212)

It's not partisan... Who called for the vote on the issue and how many Republicans voted for it?

I am not a Republican, I am a Conservative.. I hate Check Pant Republicans just about as much as Libs

R8RFAN 06-26-2014 04:52 PM

How do you post a thread that consists of nothing but politics and think politics will not be mentioned?

Garcia Bronco 06-26-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10717017)
You know how is that not offensive as well. Will we see that name change as well? Black people have been called various names, deemed proper at the time, over the years.
If Indians are Native Americans then why isn't every body else some "fill in the blank" Americans, i.e. Italian American, French American, African American and so on? Otherwise some race is still being treated differently, which will be viewed by someone as offensive.

I am going to say some hard sit here...I am not trying to troll anyone

I am a white male. It's not longer cool to be a white male

Not even a little bit

To me...women, native americans, negros, latinos, old people, homos, etc... they're all a bunch of victims. It seems as groups they all need special treatment...confirming what my white male ancestors thought of them. They just can't handle it. If these people stop acting like victims...then maybe they wouldn't be victims anymore and they would earn my respect.

Kman34 06-26-2014 04:57 PM

I was looking up teams with Indian themed names ...
The Chicago Blackhawks... Now that's a two for one.....
A lot of High Schools have Chieftans as their mascot...They have a bigger problem than we do.
Eskimos or Eskymos..Might as well get them involved.
Mohawks.. Holly Crapp.I have to change my hairstyle..LOL
Redmen..There are 13 High Schools with this mascot...Shame on them. That bitch will be after them shortly..
Sauras..What the **** is that?
Thunderbirds..Now they've gone too far!!
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...genous_peoples if you want to see how many Schools an pro teams have Indian Mascot Names

007 06-26-2014 05:00 PM

The funny thing about this is she wants to go after our name but the real issue is that she should only go after our teams traditions. Thats what her real beef is. She just won't say that though.

There is nothing offensive about Chiefs. Never was, never will be.

Now, the traditions, thats a different story.

BigRedChief 06-26-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10717224)
How do you post a thread that consists of nothing but politics and think politics will not be mentioned?

It was a article in the KC Star. Written by the KC Chiefs beat writer.

BigRedChief 06-26-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10717239)
The funny thing about this is she wants to go after our name but the real issue is that she should only go after our teams traditions. Thats what her real beef is. She just won't say that though.

There is nothing offensive about Chiefs. Never was, never will be.

Now, the traditions, thats a different story.

Like that photo from the early 90's.:doh!:

007 06-26-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10717244)
Like that photo from the early 90's.:doh!:

No kidding. that thing was embarrassing. I would love to kill the tomahawk chop and the stupid war drum crap in pre game. AS far as the fans that dress up as indians, there isn't much that can be done about that.