ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

BigRedChief 06-03-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10669092)
Another embarrassing loss coming up. JFC what does it take to get these guys lined out? Its not a lack of talent.

Supposedly there has been speeches made, heart to heart talks and player only meetings and players speaking to the team.

Bourjos/Grichek, Wong and OT need to play every game from here on out.

O.city 06-03-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10669138)
Garcia looks like a more than serviceable #5. You just have to know what you got.

He's a headcase with shoulder injuries. He's not servicable anything.

Jewish Rabbi 06-03-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10669138)
Garcia looks like a more than serviceable #5. You just have to know what you got.

This. Garcia is what he is. He'll be a .500 pitcher with a 4.00 ERA. He'll throw some gems, and get lit up. You can't have 5 aces on a staff, and could do a lot worse for a 5th starter. Interesting to see what they would do if Kelly could get healthy.

Marcellus 06-03-2014 08:30 PM

**** me thats embarrassing. At home no less.

O.city 06-03-2014 08:31 PM

It's time for someone to go.
They won't do it, but I'd package Adams (preferably Craig, but no one wants that contract for him) Miller, Jay and whoever else I had to to go get another pitcher. Preferably a starter.

TLO 06-03-2014 08:31 PM

That was a fun series to watch. See you guys at the K.

Marcellus 06-03-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10669154)
He's a headcase with shoulder injuries. He's not servicable anything.

Garcia has had health issues, he isn't a head case. You are getting him and Lynn confused.

O.city 06-03-2014 08:31 PM

Garcia's shoulder is also a ticking time bomb.

O.city 06-03-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10669172)
Garcia has had health issues, he isn't a head case. You are getting him and Lynn confused.

No, they're both headcases.

BigRedChief 06-03-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10669178)
No, they're both headcases.

Lynn is much better this year about his "head caseness's".

Jewish Rabbi 06-03-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10669187)
Lynn is much better this year about his "head caseness's".

Too early to say yet. He always starts out strong. We'll see what the next couple months bring.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-03-2014 08:47 PM

Long season....tired of some of these turds already

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-03-2014 08:52 PM

Garcia is a ****ing devout coward. Anyone who has seen him pitch in the playoffs should know this.

kcpasco 06-03-2014 09:47 PM

How bad of a season before this coaching staff is on the hot seat? That 5th inning with Garcia was absolutely atrocious.

BigRedChief 06-03-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10669339)
How bad of a season before this coaching staff is on the hot seat? That 5th inning with Garcia was absolutely atrocious.

They could lose 70 games and Matheny will be back.

BigRedChief 06-03-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10669227)
Garcia is a ****ing devout coward. Anyone who has seen him pitch in the playoffs should know this.

I hope no one on the Cardinals think he is a regular starter? We can count on him? At this point in their careers Garcia, Jay, Robinson, Delscaso, Lynn are all WYSIWYG.

If the motivational speeches have been made, the players have had their meeting and they still look and play like shit, it's time for Mo to step in and shake things up.

kcpasco 06-03-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10669355)

Well whatever it takes I guess. I just cannot take anymore of this inept management.

Jewish Rabbi 06-03-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10669355)

It's almost a foregone conclusion they will lose 70 games. 92-70? I'd be shocked.

BigRedChief 06-03-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 10669388)
It's almost a foregone conclusion they will lose 70 games. 92-70? I'd be shocked.

Sorry typo. Meant they could lose 90 games.

Pepe Silvia 06-03-2014 11:55 PM

Sorry Big Red.

Marco Polo 06-04-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10669168)
It's time for someone to go.
They won't do it, but I'd package Adams (preferably Craig, but no one wants that contract for him) Miller, Jay and whoever else I had to to go get another pitcher. Preferably a starter.

We can't hit at all. I would do some package for someone like Stanton.

ChiefsCountry 06-04-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 10669562)
We can't hit at all. I would do some package for someone like Stanton.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=3593
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=3599

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 12:26 PM

Miller has almost no trade value right now, and Adams isn't going to bring much either.

Honestly, the Cardinals have very little in the way of valuable trade pieces aside from Wacha (who should be untouchable) and Taveras. Piscotty and Ramsey might fetch something, but the shine is coming off the farm system now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 12:28 PM

Err..the Cardinals did open up the wallet for Peralta, found a sucker for Freese, and Taveras in center has always been tenuous.

duncan_idaho 06-04-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10669977)
Miller has almost no trade value right now, and Adams isn't going to bring much either.

Honestly, the Cardinals have very little in the way of valuable trade pieces aside from Wacha (who should be untouchable) and Taveras. Piscotty and Ramsey might fetch something, but the shine is coming off the farm system now.

I think Miller's value is probably higher than you might think... If I were looking to acquire him, I'd be pretty excited about the prospect of acquiring a guy who put up a K an inning with solid control as a 22-year-old and who has plus stuff.

Looking at PitchFx, it looks like his velocity is not an issue, but his curve is getting hit much harder (fewer swings and misses). That's a location/command issue, most likely.

His value isn't as high as it might have been in the offseason, but he'd still have good value for a lot of teams.

Adams, I'm less sure about that... would probably need to find an AL team to trade with, in all likelihood. I don't think value will ever be as high as it was last offseason (would have been a good time to trade him, honestly).

O.city 06-04-2014 01:00 PM

I'd make Grichuk available, I'm not sure he but that he's not a AAAA player anyway with that swing.

ChiefsCountry 06-04-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10669982)
Err..the Cardinals did open up the wallet for Peralta, found a sucker for Freese, and Taveras in center has always been tenuous.

But you didn't add the major bat in Stanton to all of that either. Adams and lot of those guys were ripe to trade last November.

Swanman 06-04-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10670104)
I think Miller's value is probably higher than you might think... If I were looking to acquire him, I'd be pretty excited about the prospect of acquiring a guy who put up a K an inning with solid control as a 22-year-old and who has plus stuff.

Looking at PitchFx, it looks like his velocity is not an issue, but his curve is getting hit much harder (fewer swings and misses). That's a location/command issue, most likely.

His value isn't as high as it might have been in the offseason, but he'd still have good value for a lot of teams.

Adams, I'm less sure about that... would probably need to find an AL team to trade with, in all likelihood. I don't think value will ever be as high as it was last offseason (would have been a good time to trade him, honestly).

Miller's issue isn't his stuff or anything physical. It's between his ears. For a few starts this year, he became a one-pitch guy and wouldn't get away from his fastball to the point that he had to get his ass chewed by Yadi, Matheny and Lilliquiest in one single start because he kept shaking off Yadi (a terrible idea).

duncan_idaho 06-04-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10670236)
Miller's issue isn't his stuff or anything physical. It's between his ears. For a few starts this year, he became a one-pitch guy and wouldn't get away from his fastball to the point that he had to get his ass chewed by Yadi, Matheny and Lilliquiest in one single start because he kept shaking off Yadi (a terrible idea).

Yeah. That's not going to degrade his value as much as a degradation of his stuff would.

Most teams would look at the physical ability and the results last year and think they can still get good production out of him.

Similar to Colby Rasmus... I know Cards fans are probably pretty happy with that trade, since the return helped you win the title. But that was a case of a guy having greater value than most Cardinals fans (And maybe even people within the organization) realized.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 04:01 PM

We were all aware of Rasmus' value, which is why people hated that trade to a man when it occurred. What was especially damaging in that case is that LaRussa went out of his way to destry Rasmus' trade value.

Dickhead, immature or not, that was a franchise-torpedoing move. We were just lucky enough to fall into Dotel, who was the real gem of that trade. Rzepczynski was helpful against Howard's corpse in the LDS, and Jackson ate some innings, but I don't know if he ever made it out of the fifth in any playoff start.

duncan_idaho 06-04-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10670500)
We were all aware of Rasmus' value, which is why people hated that trade to a man when it occurred. What was especially damaging in that case is that LaRussa went out of his way to destry Rasmus' trade value.

Dickhead, immature or not, that was a franchise-torpedoing move. We were just lucky enough to fall into Dotel, who was the real gem of that trade. Rzepczynski was helpful against Howard's corpse in the LDS, and Jackson ate some innings, but I don't know if he ever made it out of the fifth in any playoff start.

I had forgotten this board's reaction to the trade, but it doesn't surprise me to be reminded it was negative. You guys are a smart and non-homertastic bunch.

On other message boards I frequent, Cards fans LOVED the deal then and still love it now. That was bleeding into my post...

Hopefully, if the Cardinals DO trade Miller, they're smart enough to not let team personnel continually bash him in the media, destroying his trade value.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670195)
But you didn't add the major bat in Stanton to all of that either. Adams and lot of those guys were ripe to trade last November.

I've always been more critical of Adams because of his platoon splits, but he has mashed the ball at every level. A lefty first baseman that plays Gold Glove caliber D and hit almost 20 homers in half a season of ABs isn't a commodity you want to part with easily. Even this year he was on a 4.2 WAR pace with almost no power production

Besides, Stanton was never the logical target because of Taveras. The target was Tulowitzki, as he shored up the position of biggest weakness while also giving you a middle of the order bat.

Peralta is also playing at a 4 WAR pace; it just so happens that Tulowitzki is having a career year and a season for the ages to this point.

That said, I would discount the Cardinal hitters' offensive metrics to this point for the reason that they are wholly absent of power, and regardless of how many runs a bunch of slap singles may create in a vacuum, you cannot build a productive offense on top of them, because it requires far too many things to happen consecutively.

Mi_chief_fan 06-04-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10670624)
I had forgotten this board's reaction to the trade, but it doesn't surprise me to be reminded it was negative. You guys are a smart and non-homertastic bunch.

On other message boards I frequent, Cards fans LOVED the deal then and still love it now. That was bleeding into my post...

Hopefully, if the Cardinals DO trade Miller, they're smart enough to not let team personnel continually bash him in the media, destroying his trade value.

That trade, even though Cards fans hated it, saved the locker room. Players & coaches were sick of Colby and his nuclklehead dad. The move that I believe actually helped on the field most was picking up Furcal for a AAAA player. Cards have yet to replace him, although I haven't given up on Peralta. Yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 06:23 PM

This team should just forfeit every game against a LHP just to save wear and tear on the pitching staff.

Runner on second and they can't hit the ball out of the ****ing infield. Shit, they can't even hit a groundball hard.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Miller has good value. Just because he is in a rough patch now doesn't mean GM's see him as having no value. Adams not having any power this year, I'll agree that his trade value is down.
Quote:

Honestly, the Cardinals have very little in the way of valuable trade pieces aside from Wacha (who should be untouchable) and Taveras.

All the national and local STL writers disagree with your assessment.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10670624)

I was against the trade at the time because his value was at the absolute lowest it ever would be because Larussa trashing him publicly and the locker room issues became public.

We got a journeyman SP and a bunch of middle inning relief guys for a 5 tool player?

You can't fault the trade. Without the trade we definitely don't make the playoffs or win a WS.

But, I'd trade Taveras/Miller/Adams/Craig/Piscotty or any combination if we get another WS trophy out of the trade.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10670794)
Miller has good value. Just because he is in a rough patch now doesn't mean GM's see him as having no value. Adams not having any power this year, I'll agree that his trade value is down.
All the national and local STL writers disagree with your assessment.

GM's look at the numbers. For the last 25 or so starts, Shelby Miller has been worse than a replacement level player.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 06:38 PM

Thank ****ing God.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10670845)
Thank ****ing God.

I don't think God is interested in the outcome of a ball game.:Poke:

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10670861)
I don't think God is interested in the outcome of a ball game.:Poke:

If you observe the world, any God that may exist is a complete one who sucks the penis, so I am not going to speak to his/her/its intentions.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 06:53 PM

You guys see the article about Nick Petree?

Cards' pitching prospect has the form of Maddux, the ERA of Gibson

http://www.chatsports.com/st-louis-c...pect-0-9917996

Anyway, one of the players that I coached little league baseball for years sister has been dating this guy for 3 years. He's pitching down here. Think I might go see him. I'm sure I know the guy. I remember the sister and her boyfriend, but it may be the previous boyfriend.

George Liquor 06-04-2014 07:58 PM

Holliday is crushing the ball today.

kcpasco 06-04-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10671163)
Holliday is crushing the ball today.

All those muscles are for hitting ground balls.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 08:08 PM

How dumb is Ricky Horton? "Escobar has a 90 plus percent chance of stealing this base" Does the dipshit know who is behind the plate?

O.city 06-04-2014 08:52 PM

Craig ****ing sucks right now.

2 or 3 humpy breaking balls and straight fastballs and he fouls them off.

When Adams comes back, sit Craig for a while

Jewish Rabbi 06-04-2014 09:08 PM

Welp, that's it boys. See you next year. This team blows ass

Prison Bitch 06-04-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10670882)
If you observe the world, any God that may exist is a complete one who sucks the penis, so I am not going to speak to his/her/its intentions.

I remember you saying Rosenthal was better than Holland but I might be misremembering

Pepe Silvia 06-04-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 10671490)
Welp, that's it boys. See you next year. This team blows ass

Yep :(

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10671492)
I remember you saying Rosenthal was better than Holland but I might be misremembering

You're a dipshit, so likely.

O.city 06-04-2014 09:16 PM

Siegrist should get he 9th when he comes back

O.city 06-04-2014 09:25 PM

Should have kept Mujica and Axford

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 09:26 PM

Good job turd

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10671602)
Should have kept Mujica and Axford

Don't think I can look at that ugly mother****er agsin

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 09:29 PM

Axford and Mujica have been even worse than the two rat ****ers at the end of our pen.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 09:32 PM

TrollIO city

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10671352)
Craig ****ing sucks right now.

Except for the that bases loaded hit in extra innings and two deep fly balls he got under a little.

kcpasco 06-04-2014 09:57 PM

That was a tremendous at bat by Jay in the 11th.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10671550)
Siegrist should get he 9th when he comes back

Nesheks motion must be hitter krytonite.

Prison Bitch 06-04-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10671543)
You're a dipshit, so likely.

You didn't say that?

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10671786)
That was a tremendous at bat by Jay in the 11th.

**** him. Bourjas or Grichek needs to be playing.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 09:58 PM

Our time

O.city 06-04-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10671777)
Except for the that bases loaded hit in extra innings and two deep fly balls he got under a little.

Even a blind squirrel

He's missing a ton of pitches he shouldn't

kcpasco 06-04-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10671794)
**** him. Bourjas or Grichek needs to be playing.

Grichuk needs to be in Memphis.

lewdog 06-04-2014 10:03 PM

YOUR TIME

C3HIEF3S 06-04-2014 10:04 PM

Wait, there's a Cardinals thread? :)

Hi guys

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10671807)
Grichuk needs to be in Memphis.

And Jay needs to be in Minnesota.;)

O.city 06-04-2014 10:11 PM

When's siegrist coming back?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2014 10:13 PM

Grichuk looks as bad as any Cardinal hitter I've ever seen. I don't care if he hits .900 in Memphis, he does not belong in St. Louis right now.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 10:15 PM

Pisses me off that we blew Waino's outing. He needs the win to help him beat out that chicken shit Cuevto.

BigRedChief 06-04-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10671835)
Grichuk looks as bad as any Cardinal hitter I've ever seen. I don't care if he hits .900 in Memphis, he does not belong in St. Louis right now.

He needs to go down. Come back up in sept. Battle for the spot next year.

George Liquor 06-05-2014 04:03 PM

Headed to the K right now.

The Cards are 10-0 in games where BDj23 is in the stands. Bet the house tonight fellas, we got this.

lewdog 06-05-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10672948)
Headed to the K right now.

The Cards are 10-0 in games where BDj23 is in the stands. Bet the house tonight fellas, we got this.

I'm putting a hit out on you to make sure you don't make it into the K.

GO Royals!

BigRedChief 06-05-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10672971)

GO Royals!

Haven't you extracted enough Cardinal blood in those first two games? How many pounds of flesh do you need?:rolleyes:

George Liquor 06-05-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10672971)

GO Royals!

Oh common', I'm a nice guy. My buddy I'm going with is a die hard Royals fan.

lewdog 06-05-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10672984)
Haven't you extracted enough Cardinal blood in those first two games? How many pounds of flesh do you need?:rolleyes:

Oh yea, my 29 years of never seeing a Royals playoff game allow me to wish death upon every other major league team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10673004)
Oh common', I'm a nice guy. My buddy I'm going with is a die hard Royals fan.

That friend of yours deserves to get completely wasted on your tab. He's obviously had a rough go of life.

BigRedChief 06-05-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10673049)
Oh yea, my 29 years of never seeing a Royals playoff game allow me to wish death upon every other major league team.

I've been to 4 Chiefs playoff games. One in Indy. Seeing a playoff game sucks.

Now seeing your team win a World Series in person, with your son. Thats the ticket.

BigRedChief 06-05-2014 08:31 PM

Gammons says Flahtery wants $2 million to sign or he will go to college.

Pepe Silvia 06-05-2014 08:36 PM

This frickin offense.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-05-2014 08:37 PM

A bit behind. Game on the line....Jay and Borejos. We ****ed.

kcpasco 06-05-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10673804)
A bit behind. Game on the line....Jay and Borejos. We ****ed.

Holland is pretty damn good.

I am more worried about our offense not hitting and our pitching staff not being able to avoid the big inning at least once a game.