ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Aspengc8 07-28-2014 07:09 AM

Forgot to ask, does anyone have experience with rogue's power racks at home? Looking at either the R3 or R4.

The Franchise 07-28-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10771265)
My only advice is take it easy on the fats. They will kill your losses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10771335)
well at its heart it is just a cyclical keto diet. Your right- you can absolutely overdo the fat, but you don't want to ignore it. I've been aiming for 50/50 split fat/protein. The only thing the book ignores is total cals, which you still need to keep in check even though he tells you not to. Maybe the first few weeks don't worry about cals, your goal is to get burnin' the fatty acids for fuel which you will definitely tell when you 'shift'. Burgers, Eggs, Bacon, Fatty steaks, Chicken legs, salads with blue cheese/oily dressing- all on the menu. Add in some greens (brocc/spinach) and MUST take fish oil, I like a few with each meal.

Had my first 'carb nite' this past saturday (waited 13 days instead of 10), wen't pretty good. I thought I would hammer more carbs than I did, but wasn't really craving them like I thought I would.

Started day off..
4 eggs, 4 strips thick bacon from local butcher, coffee w/heavy cream & coconut oil

Hit the gym for some clean up (arms/abs/calves/prowler work). Pre workout seems to hit HARDER for some reason on this diet plan, not sure why (using original HYDE with DMAA)

1st carb meal - chicken breasts x2 (no skin this time), home friend potatoes, couple plain rice cakes (these suck)

2nd carb meal - went out with wife & had zuppa de pesce w/angel hair. Some bread, glass of wine, and Tiramisu for dessert.

got home around 9ish. wife passed out, played Destiny beta and had oreos with a protein shake/skim milk.

Started at 242 down to 225 as of this morning. Squat & deadlift strength is still good, bench is down but also seem to have developed some impingement on my left shoulder. Need to start doing more rehab band work.

I'm probably aiming for a 50/50 split like you said with the fats. The first week I probably won't be tracking calories too much but I know I'm going to keep it under 2000 calories for the day. The last time I was on a keto diet.....I didn't come anywhere close to 2000 and there were times when I was forcing myself to eat. I'm going to give it a couple of days and then I'll start planning out my carb nite. I have no clue what I'm going to eat.

Aspengc8 07-28-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10771476)
I'm probably aiming for a 50/50 split like you said with the fats. The first week I probably won't be tracking calories too much but I know I'm going to keep it under 2000 calories for the day. The last time I was on a keto diet.....I didn't come anywhere close to 2000 and there were times when I was forcing myself to eat. I'm going to give it a couple of days and then I'll start planning out my carb nite. I have no clue what I'm going to eat.

Yeah don't track the first few weeks, just aim for the 50/50 split and make sure you get some healthy fats in like fish oil, avocados, coconut oil, walnuts, olive oil etc. I opted to snack on stuff like turkey pepperoni and reduced fat cheddar instead of the full fat counterparts because fat has 8 cals per gram, and protein has 4, making these snacks about 50/50.

The Franchise 07-28-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10771587)
Yeah don't track the first few weeks, just aim for the 50/50 split and make sure you get some healthy fats in like fish oil, avocados, coconut oil, walnuts, olive oil etc. I opted to snack on stuff like turkey pepperoni and reduced fat cheddar instead of the full fat counterparts because fat has 8 cals per gram, and protein has 4, making these snacks about 50/50.

I went on Sunday and bought a ton of meats to get me through the next couple of weeks....tilapia, salmon, swordfish, frozen burgers and steaks. Plus I've got pepperoni slices, cheese sticks and baby spinach. I just need to get back into the swing of things again. Should actually be easier this time since keto was supposed to be less than 20 carbs a day....not 30.

Silock 07-28-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10771335)
well at its heart it is just a cyclical keto diet. Your right- you can absolutely overdo the fat, but you don't want to ignore it. I've been aiming for 50/50 split fat/protein. The only thing the book ignores is total cals, which you still need to keep in check even though he tells you not to. Maybe the first few weeks don't worry about cals, your goal is to get burnin' the fatty acids for fuel which you will definitely tell when you 'shift'. Burgers, Eggs, Bacon, Fatty steaks, Chicken legs, salads with blue cheese/oily dressing- all on the menu. Add in some greens (brocc/spinach) and MUST take fish oil, I like a few with each meal.

Had my first 'carb nite' this past saturday (waited 13 days instead of 10), wen't pretty good. I thought I would hammer more carbs than I did, but wasn't really craving them like I thought I would.

Started day off..
4 eggs, 4 strips thick bacon from local butcher, coffee w/heavy cream & coconut oil

Hit the gym for some clean up (arms/abs/calves/prowler work). Pre workout seems to hit HARDER for some reason on this diet plan, not sure why (using original HYDE with DMAA)

1st carb meal - chicken breasts x2 (no skin this time), home friend potatoes, couple plain rice cakes (these suck)

2nd carb meal - went out with wife & had zuppa de pesce w/angel hair. Some bread, glass of wine, and Tiramisu for dessert.

got home around 9ish. wife passed out, played Destiny beta and had oreos with a protein shake/skim milk.

Started at 242 down to 225 as of this morning. Squat & deadlift strength is still good, bench is down but also seem to have developed some impingement on my left shoulder. Need to start doing more rehab band work.

I meant on the carb ups. Carbs + fats on a carb up = fat gain

Aspengc8 07-28-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10771728)
I meant on the carb ups. Carbs + fats on a carb up = fat gain

Sorry, misinterpreted you the first time then. Spot on though, carb ups should be as low fat as possible! How is your UD cut coming along?

Aspengc8 07-28-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10771688)
I went on Sunday and bought a ton of meats to get me through the next couple of weeks....tilapia, salmon, swordfish, frozen burgers and steaks. Plus I've got pepperoni slices, cheese sticks and baby spinach. I just need to get back into the swing of things again. Should actually be easier this time since keto was supposed to be less than 20 carbs a day....not 30.

Looks good. Add some fat to those white fishy's, they are pretty low on fat (salmon passes though). Butter em' up or drizzle coconut oil on them (tastes really good). :drool:

CaliforniaChief 07-28-2014 11:45 AM

Back from my 19 day vacation to Minnesota. Love it up there in the summer...caught lots of fish, lived on the boat, took the kids skiing/tubing, and even with the never-ending string of Dairy Queen's...managed to lose 5 pounds over the period, bringing me down to 323 and 12 oz. That's a total of 94 lbs. from my highest weight and I'm pretty pumped.

My dad has a bike and I road the crap out of it...a total of 290 miles, including my first 50 miler at the end.

Here's the best part. I didn't need a lap extender and fit as comfortably as "normal" sized people did (I am 6'3" so that will never completely work great.)

And at the Mall of America, instead of sitting off and watching my family ride rides, I fit onto every ride I wanted to go on and I tell you, that was so awesome.

A little reminder why I'm doing this...and how hungry I am to keep going for more.

Back in the home routine now.

Silock 07-28-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10771816)
Sorry, misinterpreted you the first time then. Spot on though, carb ups should be as low fat as possible! How is your UD cut coming along?

You didn't misinterpret. I was unclear. I do that a lot.

UD was good. I morphed it into RFL, though. Small differences. 1 free meal per week, only a 5 hour refeed. Even faster fat loss than UD, but no chance of muscle gain at all. Should be under 180 tonight or tomorrow, so going extremely quickly.

penguinz 07-28-2014 02:41 PM

Silock---Why haven't I seen you out at OP Soccer Fields lately?

Silock 07-28-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10772121)
Silock---Why haven't I seen you out at OP Soccer Fields lately?

1) It's hot

2) **** outdoor

3) It's hot

I've been playing only indoor lately. Outdoor is such a time sink.

The Franchise 07-28-2014 03:12 PM

What kind of sodium intake should I be looking at? MyFitnessPal has it listed at 2300 mg per day....but I always end up going over that.

Silock 07-28-2014 03:15 PM

Drink water. Ignore sodium, unless you have doctor's orders.

Aspengc8 07-28-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10771688)

forgot to mention, dont get so caught up in that carb #, unless you are sedentary. He says in the book if your active, ie lifting heavy, try to hit around 30. You have a range depending on activity level and your going to get trace carbs here and there from cheese, cream etc. reduce cardio and just lift your ass off. :D

The Franchise 07-28-2014 10:13 PM

So if it's over 1 or 2.....it's no big deal?