ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Fishing Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223680)

Megatron96 12-03-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17256010)
Got my little one a fishing rod and tackle box for Christmas, I'm eagerly awaiting summer and posting in this thread more.

Fly rods are next X-Mas, right?

George Liquor 12-03-2023 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17256114)

That's an expensive hobby. I kinda can cast a fly rod, but i haven't done it since i was a teen.

loochy 12-03-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17256114)

Do they make Snoopy fly rods?

George Liquor 12-03-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17256106)
Show him/her the way, Dad

Shoot, take them out on the next reasonably warm day, bluegill bite on anything

Gotta wait for Santa to bring it on Christmas, but if we can get a nice day in the winter i just might. My license is expired but that's an easy fix.

Easy 6 12-03-2023 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17256137)
Gotta wait for Santa to bring it on Christmas, but if we can get a nice day in the winter i just might. My license is expired but that's an easy fix.

Yeah bruh, don't make them wait months to use it... even if nothings biting they're going to learn the ropes and get to use their new gift

George Liquor 12-03-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17256145)
Yeah bruh, don't make them wait months to use it... even if nothings biting they're going to learn the ropes and get to use their new gift

I got a big enough yard that we can work on casting it and learning the ropes without a body of water but I'm excited to take her out and let her see some fish in real life.

She was scared of the 80lb blue cat in the tank at bass pro earlier

lewdog 12-31-2023 01:25 PM

I need some God damn help.

Santa got my son a fishing pole for Christmas. My son has been asking for months to go fishing. Santa knows his father fished world class trout streams in Montana and has no earthly idea how to Urban fish in Phoenix. I don't know what to use and how to rig for catching stuff here, so please excuse my likely incorrect terminology use here.

We fished 4 hours this weekend without a bite, although I'll say those around us got nothing either. Used Power bait balls and power bait worms. Son used a bobber and I tried a Texas rig setup (?) using a jig head with a long powerbait worm as the body, letting it sink and giving it some action every so often.

He still seems very interested after spending 2 hours fishing each day without a bite. I don't want him to get discouraged though!

Easy 6 12-31-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17309131)

Santa got my son a fishing pole for Christmas. My son has been asking for months to go fishing. Santa knows his father fished world class trout streams in Montana and has no earthly idea how to Urban fish in Phoenix. I don't know what to use and how to rig for catching stuff here, so please excuse my likely incorrect terminology use here.

We fished 4 hours this weekend without a bite, although I'll say those around us got nothing either. Used Power bait balls and power bait worms. Son used a bobber and I tried a Texas rig setup (?) using a jig head with a long powerbait worm as the body, letting it sink and giving it some action every so often.

He still seems very interested after spending 2 hours fishing each day without a bite. I don't want him to get discouraged though!

If he's enjoying it just tell him to stick with it and he'll get one soon enough, but until then just look at it as a good excuse for some quality time together

lewdog 12-31-2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17309155)
If he's enjoying it just tell him to stick with it and he'll get one soon enough, but until then just look at it as a good excuse for some quality time together

I know but I am afraid I also don't know how to do a proper setup or provide the right action. I've just been googling shit but I grew up fishing rivers/streams, never lakes or ponds. We never used weights or floats or any of that shit!

Rasputin 12-31-2023 01:44 PM

Sweet this thread pops up.

I was just casting out front trying out my new fire engine Silvercat Elite Light 7'6' rod and 4.9:1 gear ratio Salt Striker reel. casts beautifully

Got it from BPS in Kansas City I mean Santa delivered.

Easy 6 12-31-2023 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17309167)
I know but I am afraid I also don't know how to do a proper setup or provide the right action. I've just been googling shit but I grew up fishing rivers/streams, never lakes or ponds. We never used weights or floats or any of that shit!

You should meet up with Megatron one of these days soon, I'm sure he can get you going in the right direction

Or just keep youtubing for stuff and you'll no doubt find a lot of good advice

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VMvjvbvCap0?si=IzC_kYZr7zlWpQUV" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 12-31-2023 01:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LlzvkVUvYBs?si=xO6kyqNOILOaHjQY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZMkc_wPE2Cg?si=t0JJ7ulcoGHBDlDs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megatron96 12-31-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17309167)

Where are you fishing and what are you fishing for, specifically?

Also, give me a rundown of exactly what gear you're fishing with.

stumppy 12-31-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17309131)

Get some night crawlers and work your way up from that.

lewdog 12-31-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17309238)
Where are you fishing and what are you fishing for, specifically?

Also, give me a rundown of exactly what gear you're fishing with.

Tierra verde lake park. Says it's stocked with trout, bass, bluegill and catfish.

Here's a video at that lake. I don't know what he's using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkmdW6Evn8

I have a basic fishing pole. I have been trying trout eggs and powerbait worms (they really do look like real worms!). I have no idea what I should be using or how to be using it!