ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500307)
We've gotta trade down and restock the picks. Alot of depth in this draft to load up spots.

And yes, we need a pass rusher from the DL.

Trading down would be ideal. Takes a willing suitor though.

O.city 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Someone said this on twitter today. Made alot of sense.

"Game is all about the QB. Get one, protect one, get to one."

We'll like it or not, we've got one who our FO thinks is pretty good. We need to either get someone to protect him, or get someone who can get to the other ones.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500315)
All solid signings Mr. Sweet Dick. Gave up too much for Alex, but that's the price you pay for acquiring QB's.

Eh, if you say so. I can't trust Dame's word for shit anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500318)
Typical 2013 Dane, the only way you can win arguments is by making shit up. I never said none were upgrades, I said most seemed like treading water to me.

I didnt realize you lost your balls to cancer bro.

Oh, just shut the **** up.

Moeaki hasn't been lost for the season. DeVito is a far better run stuffer than Broke Dick/Never Was in Dorsey.

Robinson is not replacing Stanford Routt. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500320)
Hate to burst your bubble, but they're most likely still in a 2-gap.

Alright, who do you think they should take outside of QB?

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500330)
Eh, if you say so. I can't trust Dame's word for shit anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Says the guy that's never even muttered a coherent sentence

O.city 03-14-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500316)
Hali is slowing down and he's at a point where a replacement/depth player would be more than helpful. If you can rotate a similar player to Hali & Houston, your pass rushing will be far more efficient, especially in the 4th quarter.

See Osi Umenyora, Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck and JPP for proof over the years. It works.

At this point, I don't think it would be smart to take a guy in the first round who isn't an every down player.

Speaking of a rusher, any idea why Jordan didn't participate at his pro day today?

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500323)
LMAO

So you think donny avery and alex smith are just gonna ****ing light it up?

you drugged out hippie, been spending too much time in randy quaid's trailer

sober up and tell me tomorrow how much donnie avery and alex smith are gonna shred the nfl, queer

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500328)
Trading down would be ideal. Takes a willing suitor though.

Buffalo is the only team in the NFL without a starting QB. Their GM was forced to release Fitzpatrick after being punked on air earlier this week.

If they don't move up to nab a QB, the GM is likely fired after this season.

DaFace 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9499741)
34=560
Mid second rounder (16th overall) is worth 420 points

The 16th pick is worth 1000.

You discount a pick a round when it's for the next year, so using your logic, the appropriate calculation would be 560 + 190 (mid third rounder) 750 (about pick #23 or 24).

Even then, you're assuming that Alex Smith meets all of the conditions to turn the pick into a #2 next year. If that happens, we traded the equivalent of a late first rounder for a QB that exceeded expectations.

If he doesn't (which is what a lot of people apparently expect), then it's worth 560 + 70 (mid fourth rounder) = 630 (about pick #29 or 30).

splatbass 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9498853)
Moving on sounds great to me.

As in you can stop clicking on the threads that aren't all rainbows and unicorns so you can try to "educate" all us that aren't happy with the shit trade for Alex Smith.

If you're getting tired of hearing us bitch, it's nobody's fault but yours.

Kind of hard to avoid since every ****ing thread is full of crying about it.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500316)
Hali is slowing down and he's at a point where a replacement/depth player would be more than helpful. If you can rotate a similar player to Hali & Houston, your pass rushing will be far more efficient, especially in the 4th quarter.

See Osi Umenyora, Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck and JPP for proof over the years. It works.

We don't play a 4-3, we likely don't even play a 1-gap 3-4, and we're talking about the first pick in the draft. For a situational pass rusher. Or, for the sake of argument, we're talking about something maybe as low as 8. And to justify that you're using JPP, who went 15, or Kiawanuka at 32, or Umenyiora at 56, or 74 for Tuck.

(Not to mention Houston at 70)

So maybe they can afford to wait on that one.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9499654)
I understand that point but if Dorsey follows his old teams ways he won't be a big player in FA. Even if he is I think it will be like we are seeing right now, and he seems to be getting the guys he wants, even if over-paying a little. Once he gets a draft or two in I don't seem him being a FA guy.

Agree completely. Ive been sitting here thinking the past three days, we are not going to be seeing this kind of spending in FA once they get past year 1 or 2 and have this team more firmly in place of where they want it.

DaFace 03-14-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500309)
I don't know if it's worse than Cassel, but it's certainly as bad as. So much to give up for a guy nobody else wanted.

Look, I wish it'd been lower too, but I'm getting really tired of hearing this assumption presented as fact. All you need to drive a price up is one other bidder. It's entirely possible (and even likely) that there was at least one other team up against us.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:58 PM

I'd still take a pass rusher over a Right Tackle any day of the week. Even with Hali/Houston.