ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274833)

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838463)
another perfect post
Posted via Mobile Device

**** yea it perfect, it is already setting up this scenario -

A. Smith succeeds, I am happy as a lark, ****ing A!

B. Smith fails, "I told you so! You dumbasses!"

That's a damn tough situation to be in.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838466)
Andy Reid's past success with QB's and as an OC is not "excuse and hope".

He has his hand picked guy so he thinks he can win with him.

Reid has brought in guys to help out building an offense that will utilize Smith's athleticism. You do understand that right?

If you dont get that, dont call me a dumbass.

sorry for the dumbass. Thought it was maverick I was responding to. He's a dumbass.

But it is hope. You hope Reid is right in his assessment and hope Smith will perform like a franchise qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838469)

If Smith succeeds would you want him to be pissed?

the post illustrates how dumb it is for some to act as though we are rooting for this team to fail
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838470)
sorry for the dumbass. Thought it was maverick I was responding to. He's a dumbass.

But it is hope. You hope Reid is right in his assessment and hope Smith will perform like a franchise qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

You hope the same thing.

The difference is I believe it because I think he is ascending as a player which he has shown the last 2 years and I think he is in the right situation to keep ascending.

Nothing that happened Smiths last 26 games or so shows he isn't capable. Yea he struggled against the Giants, so has Tom Brady and countless other QB's.

Clay has tried to dismiss leading the league in YPA which is the most ridiculous thing on the planet. Its like people want to ignore the positives and focus on negatives.

And BTW I have posts supporting Smith before he was ever a Chief so this isn't blind homerism because he is now a Chief.

O.city 07-27-2013 02:31 PM

If guys like OTWP and leg want to be negative or pessimistic, IMO, that's fine because I know if they are wrong they'll come here and admit it and actually enjoy the success.

Like they've said, they don't want these things to happen, it's what they think will happen.

Hammock Parties 07-27-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838474)
Clay has tried to dismiss leading the league in YPA which is the most ridiculous thing on the planet.

No it's not.

It's a worthless statistic based on lies.

He led the league in YPA because his completion percentage was high on short passes, not because he threw the ball down the field.

Not surprisingly, his yards per completion was near the bottom of the league, which lends credence to my analysis.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838461)
There goes the ignorant "career talk" again. A starter the last 2.5 seasons. Take the passer ratings of those seasons and he's top 10 in the league... and a QB assessor like Reid gives up a lot to get him.

You really want to act like he's a backup? :)

Quickest way to spot a guy with a low football IQ:

1.) Uses QB rating to back up their opinion.

A QB can go 5/10 for 35 yards and a TD while losing 34-7 and have a 91 QBR.

Matt Cassel had a game against Philly a few years ago where he got curbstomped, threw for under 100 yards but had like a 114 rating.

One of the most useless statistics in sports.

A guy who put the team on his back, wins, and goes 25/40 for 425 yards, 5 TD's and 3 INT has a rating of 107, while the guy that plays not to lose, loses, going 20/25 for 180 yards, 1 TD and no INT's - has a 121 rating.

I'll take my chances with the first guy every time.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838473)
If Smith succeeds would you want him to be pissed?

the post illustrates how dumb it is for some to act as though we are rooting for this team to fail
Posted via Mobile Device

So you dont get my point that its a win win scenario?

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

You hope the same thing.

The difference is I believe it because I think he is ascending as a player which he has shown the last 2 years and I think he is in the right situation to keep ascending.

Nothing that happened Smiths last 26 games or so shows he isn't capable. Yea he struggled against the Giants, so has Tom Brady and countless other QB's.

Clay has tried to dismiss leading the league in YPA which is the most ridiculous thing on the planet. Its like people want to ignore the positives and focus on negatives.

And BTW I have posts supporting Smith before he was ever a Chief so this isn't blind homerism because he is now a Chief.

Fair enough.

There aren't many like you though, I think you realize that too.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 07-27-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

You hope the same thing.

He's 29. Pretty tough to claim that he's ascending when he should be in his prime, and it's not like he's been buried on the bench behind a HOFer. And in his best year, he average 175 YPG. This, to me, strongly suggests that his success is due to being highly protected.

We saw similar success from Cassel in '10.

Given that they're statistical twins, I'm expecting much the same type of treatment from the coaching staff in order to put Smith in positions to succeed.

GoChargers 07-27-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9838475)
If guys like OTWP and leg want to be negative or pessimistic, IMO, that's fine because I know if they are wrong they'll come here and admit it and actually enjoy the success.

Like they've said, they don't want these things to happen, it's what they think will happen.

Seriously - I had the same argument a million times with Chargers homers who used to blindly defend Norv and AJ. Negative predictions are generally brought on by a negative track record, not by someone being a "bandwagon fan" or "wanting the team to fail."

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9838476)
No it's not.

It's a worthless statistic based on lies.

He led the league in YPA because his completion percentage was high on short passes, not because he threw the ball down the field.

Not surprisingly, his yards per completion was near the bottom of the league, which lends credence to my analysis.

Clay it doesn't matter how long the passes were. If you get the most yards out of each attempt, that's the ultimate ****ing goal.

GoChargers 07-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838461)
Take the passer ratings of those seasons

LOL. Let me guess, you judge pitchers by their win/loss record too?

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838466)
Andy Reid's past success with QB's and as an OC is not "excuse and hope".

He has his hand picked guy so he thinks he can win with him.

Reid has brought in guys to help out building an offense that will utilize Smith's athleticism. You do understand that right?

If you dont get that, dont call me a dumbass.

Success with QB's?

I posted the numbers right after he was announced the HC.

Reid had success with the #2 overall pick.

Otherwise, the average numbers for every other QB he's "hand-picked" have been ****ing brutal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9425271)
Yep.

Combined numbers for QB starts under Andy Reid NOT named Donovan McNabb:

38-44 record (.463)
55% completion percentage
112 TD's
94 INT's
70 QBR.

And those numbers are inflated due to Vick, who was a #1 overall pick.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838469)

When have I ever said "I told you so"? About anything?

I am much, much more likely to admit that I'm wrong about something than I am to ever gloat about being right.

If Alex Smith did happen to succeed, I would be happy, certainly, but I'd also be saying "wow, I never saw that coming" a lot.

But at the end of the day, what you can't seem to figure out, is that this has nothing to do with me. I don't have any kind of personal stake in this, other than the joy/sorrow of gameday. And I don't know why you have such a hard time understanding that. It's not about being right. It's never about that.