ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers ***The Official STEAM/PC gaming thread, with STEAM ID's*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=220703)

hometeam 07-13-2014 08:13 AM

After Watch Dogs I have decided I will no longer buy UBISOFT games. I would consider it again if they get there shit together, but we already know far cry 4 will be dumbed down for consoles just like ac and watch dogs before it.

They ****in up.

ragedogg69 07-13-2014 11:26 AM

Yeah that kinda pushed me over the edge to download it. Even with low expectations, I was disappointed. I also hate how UPlay doesnt work well with Big picture mode.

In other news, my wife and I played New Super Mario Brothers for Wii. It is amazing how the controls are so inferior to platformers out today like BattleBlock Theater.

Mr Luzcious 07-13-2014 06:54 PM

What was better about the controls for BattleBlock? I only played a couple hours of it.. but I don't remember liking anything about it very much. Whereas I thoroughly enjoyed playing NSMB with people..especially when there were four.

I wish there were more quality platformers for PC, regardless. I know there are lots of indie ones, but none really stand out to me (mostly because I don't like "puzzle" platformers..but still).

ragedogg69 07-13-2014 07:12 PM

I hated the slippery controls for NSMB when compared to BattleBlock. It also suffers from the contra style 2 player death by screen scroll, where BattleBlock lets both players play no matter how far they are apart. Plus Mario suffers from Nintendo's need to put motion controls in every Wii game. "Who can do the best jerk off motion" Drives me crazy. Aside from nostalgia, I find a lot of indie platformers more fun.

I love the humor and soundtrack of Battleblock as well. My wife and I have about 7 hours into Battleblock.

kcxiv 11-01-2014 01:02 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ew_asin_detail

Digital copy of titanfall for 10 bucks!

ragedogg69 11-07-2014 09:21 AM

So just FYI. Ubisoft just pulled a bunch of titles off of Steam. So if you are like me and prefer to have your game library in the one steam ecosystem, you are going to have to manually make shortcut from Uplay in your steam collection... or pirate the shit out of Uplay only games. Your choice.

Swanman 11-07-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11091166)
So just FYI. Ubisoft just pulled a bunch of titles off of Steam. So if you are like me and prefer to have your game library in the one steam ecosystem, you are going to have to manually make shortcut from Uplay in your steam collection... or pirate the shit out of Uplay only games. Your choice.

Ubisoft can suck a giant bag of dicks. I bought Far Cry Blood Dragon during one of the Steam sales and was never able to actually play the game because of that Uplay bullshit. Steam should have told Ubisoft to pound sand until they got Uplay sorted it or dropped it altogether.

hometeam 11-07-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11091166)

I wont buy from UBIsoft anyways. They are literally the worst gaming company on the planet. They cant do a single thing right, they perpetuate falsities such as 'you cant even tell the difference in 720 and 1080!' and 30FPS is more cinematic'

Bunch of scumbags.

kcxiv 11-07-2014 07:04 PM

They have all the Asassins Creed games still on there. Watch Dogs is still on there, what games did they pull?

hometeam 11-07-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11092297)
They have all the Asassins Creed games still on there. Watch Dogs is still on there, what games did they pull?

Upcoming games I believe.

I am not sure why anyone with a PC would consider giving that shit company any money.

007 11-08-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11075213)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ew_asin_detail

Digital copy of titanfall for 10 bucks!

I've heard it isn't even worth 10 bucks.

kcxiv 11-08-2014 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11092916)
I've heard it isn't even worth 10 bucks.

i have gotten my 10 bucks off it. ITs actually pretty fun at least for a while. Its pretty fast paced. There is no single player though. ITs all PVP. I been getting into these games a little more lately since all the sports games these days are ass.

KCFalcon59 11-22-2014 02:11 PM

Steam Fall Sale begins 11/26 -12/1. Stock up time.

kcxiv 11-22-2014 06:31 PM

Hopefully they have sales for games i want to play!

TrickyNicky 11-22-2014 07:29 PM

Just give me Rome TW II Emperor Edition for $30 and I'll be a happy camper. I've held off long enough.