ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

DJ's left nut 05-31-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8649630)
I'm cutting Lane a little slack. I did some reading and at the time of this episode, British citizens paid as much as 83% in taxes to the Crown. Plus a possible 15% more in unearned income PLUS capital gains. Plus Lane would be paying US taxes as well. He's really in a hole.

I believe it was still marginal rates, though.

His 83% tax bracket wasn't on his entire income, just on probably the top 10% of it.

He's still a worm.

DJ's left nut 05-31-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8649956)
Any chance Peggy comes back as a partner?

What would she do, though?

I guess if she became a heavy-hitter in creative and could bring clients with her upon a return to SCDP, they'd bring her in. But if you notice the partnership structure, it seems to be the rainmaker 'account-men' at the top; the gladhanders, etc..., with their top-dog creative guy in tow. Partnership is more about generating clients than ideas. And ultimately, does that strike you as something Peggy is likely to excel at? They'd have to develop her character a great deal to make her more of an accounts and ideas person.

That or they'd have to get to a point where Don becomes more of an accounts guy and Peggy becomes the lead creative partner. Otherwise you just have a clash of titans in the partnership structure and some fairly redundant parts.

She'd have to bring some clients with her and there would have to be a fairly significant shakeup in the partnership roles...likely with Campbell being the guy to fall on a sword.

Another thought - could Joanne's ascension to partnership help ease the tracks for a Lane demise? They both serve essentially the same role.

Red Brooklyn 05-31-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8649956)
Any chance Peggy comes back as a partner?

Could be interesting. Lane dies, Don offers Peggy a partnership to get her back (and to get at Pete). Something along those lines could be interesting. I'm sure they'd find a way to sell it.

Demonpenz 05-31-2012 01:34 PM

Peggy Marries Duck Freddy Falls off wagon and aggrees to piss on Don for cash.

Reaper16 05-31-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8649972)

Another thought - could Joanne's ascension to partnership help ease the tracks for a Lane demise? They both serve essentially the same role.

Yes, of course it does. Lane even says in a line of dialogue this season that Joan does all the same work as him.

There's been a suicide foreshadowed all season, and at this point it'll be a mega-swerve if Lane isn't the one who offs themselves.

siberian khatru 05-31-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8649972)
What would she do, though?

I guess if she became a heavy-hitter in creative and could bring clients with her upon a return to SCDP, they'd bring her in. But if you notice the partnership structure, it seems to be the rainmaker 'account-men' at the top; the gladhanders, etc..., with their top-dog creative guy in tow. Partnership is more about generating clients than ideas. And ultimately, does that strike you as something Peggy is likely to excel at? They'd have to develop her character a great deal to make her more of an accounts and ideas person.

That or they'd have to get to a point where Don becomes more of an accounts guy and Peggy becomes the lead creative partner. Otherwise you just have a clash of titans in the partnership structure and some fairly redundant parts.

She'd have to bring some clients with her and there would have to be a fairly significant shakeup in the partnership roles...likely with Campbell being the guy to fall on a sword.

Excellent post.

BigRedChief 05-31-2012 08:14 PM

Whats with all the spoiler tags? If its aired, its fair game.

BigRedChief 05-31-2012 08:15 PM

I'm with most here. It's either the most brilliant episode evah or a jump the shark episode.

Pushead2 06-01-2012 01:52 AM

Mmm.....Borderline NSFW

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...30_634x902.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...10_634x759.jpg

mikeyis4dcats. 06-01-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 8651476)

who is this?

Reaper16 06-01-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8653521)
who is this?

Elizabeth Moss. She plays the character of Peggy. Why would anyone reading posts in the Mad Men thread not recognize her face?

mikeyis4dcats. 06-02-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8653543)
Elizabeth Moss. She plays the character of Peggy. Why would anyone reading posts in the Mad Men thread not recognize her face?

I thought it was at first, but she looked TOO hot. I googled here and didn't see anything that showed her looking that good, so I thought for sure I was mistaken.

Kyle DeLexus 06-02-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8653823)
I thought it was at first, but she looked TOO hot. I googled here and didn't see anything that showed her looking that good, so I thought for sure I was mistaken.

She did look really hot. If they had her looking like that on the show, maybe I wouldn't dislike her.

Thig Lyfe 06-02-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 8651476)

DAYUM GRRL

OnTheWarpath15 06-03-2012 09:08 PM

Wow. Excellent episode.