ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

O.city 07-23-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762500)
Matt Cassel had talent at one point.

http://i.imgur.com/Bnck9.jpg

With a football?

BossChief 07-23-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762489)
Deal. So if he's not week before week 7 I win?

If the record is as I said it, yes.

The deal voids at a third win before the bye, basically.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762500)
Matt Cassel had talent at one point.

JFC, Dude. You need to find a new hobby.

That's freakin' creepy.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 06:49 PM

It was on the Ravens broadcast I flipped through this morning.

I am pretty creepy, anyway.

Coogs 07-23-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762499)
Matt Cassel isn't going to take this team to the Super Bowl. It doesn't how matter the team is you surround him with. We know this for sure.

Quinn and Stanzi are longshots. But at least there's some chance. Stanzi has major boom bust, but of all 3, he easily has the biggest likelihood to shine because we know so little about him.

The fact that they've guaranteed Cassel the job is an absolute joke. Quinn is equally capable with the new offense. And he at least he has a bit of an unknown. The only reason Cassel is starting is because of stubborn loyalty. If the Chiefs were serious about winning a Super Bowl, then they'd focus on testing as rigorously they can all QB options they can until they find the right one, instead of wasting half a season on a guy everybody knows is never going to be the answer.

Good post! :clap:

jd1020 07-23-2012 07:32 PM

Cassel is starting because he's the best QB on the roster. Period.

I'm not going to say that the Chiefs are content with him when they damn near penalize themselves for tampering with Manning.

It's a simple question of "Who else?"

Quinn? The guy is a backup, not a starter.

Stanzi is a ? mark but no 5th round QB is going to be knocking on the door of a starter.

It's going to take an injury or an absolute train wreck of epic to unseat Cassel with what is on the roster behind him. He's simply the best option at QB to start the season.

Sorry to those that believe there is no one worse than him.

rico 07-23-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762353)
I didn't say he would get yanked for Stanzi.

I just know that Crennel and Zorn aren't fans of Cassels at all and if we are staring 2-4 down...that's the logical point to make a change.

Hey Dane...

Did you hear what Romeo had to say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

How about what Hali said about him after either the gb or oak game?

Dude is gonna be on a short leash.

I remember Hali saying something after one of those games that heavily implied his frustration with the QB situation. I just can't recall exactly what it was he said... what was it?

What did Crennel say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

On a sidenote:

I am pretty certain that Zorn likes Stanzi. Heard it 2 weeks ago, straight from the mouth of an NFL player that I am friends with who played for Iowa and was informed of this by an Iowa alum who he is great friends with and is currently on our squad. He said, Zorn "loves Stanzi and appeared to have received the most attention by Zorn in the OTA's, most notably in the 2 minute drills." Also said the general perception in the NFL regarding Cassel is that it pisses almost everyone off that he was given such a large contract...they feel it is unfair and that some players in the NFL really dislike him for it.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8762644)
the general perception in the NFL regarding Cassel is that it pisses almost everyone off that he was given such a large contract...they feel it is unfair and that some players in the NFL really dislike him for it.

http://i.imgur.com/8Fctn.jpg

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762639)
Cassel is starting because he's the best QB on the roster. Period.

I'm not going to say that the Chiefs are content with him when they damn near penalize themselves for tampering with Manning.

It's a simple question of "Who else?"

Quinn? The guy is a backup, not a starter.

Stanzi is a ? mark but no 5th round QB is going to be knocking on the door of a starter.

It's going to take an injury or an absolute train wreck of epic to unseat Cassel with what is on the roster behind him. He's simply the best option at QB to start the season.

Sorry to those that believe there is no one worse than him.

Cassel is also a back-up and not a starter.

jd1020 07-23-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8762657)
Cassel is also a back-up and not a starter.

I agree.

But he's also a better QB than Quinn.

As pointed out previously Orton and Campbell were really the only legitimate options to possibly win the Chiefs starting job (not including Peyton where the job would have been given to him).

Orton seemingly doesn't want to start.

Campbell would have been nice but he's with the Bears.

O.city 07-23-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8762644)
I remember Hali saying something after one of those games that heavily implied his frustration with the QB situation. I just can't recall exactly what it was he said... what was it?

What did Crennel say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

On a sidenote:

I am pretty certain that Zorn likes Stanzi. Heard it 2 weeks ago, straight from the mouth of an NFL player that I am friends with who played for Iowa and was informed of this by an Iowa alum who he is great friends with and is currently on our squad. He said, Zorn "loves Stanzi and appeared to have received the most attention by Zorn in the OTA's, most notably in the 2 minute drills." Also said the general perception in the NFL regarding Cassel is that it pisses almost everyone off that he was given such a large contract...they feel it is unfair and that some players in the NFL really dislike him for it.

Thats all fine and dandy, but Zorn ain't pulling the strings.

rico 07-23-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762689)
Thats all fine and dandy, but Zorn ain't pulling the strings.

Didn't say he was. Was just something I thought was interesting.

O.city 07-23-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8762712)
Didn't say he was. Was just something I thought was interesting.

What did your guy say about Romeo's feelings towards Cassel and/or Stanzi.

rico 07-23-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762717)
What did your guy say about Romeo's feelings towards Cassel and/or Stanzi.

He didn't know anything about Romeo's thoughts.... just Zorn.

O.city 07-23-2012 08:00 PM

Gotcha.

Say what Zorn's thoughts on Cassel were?