ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Donkey Tears: They're delicious! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268822)

morphius 01-17-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9328312)
At this point I'm convinced that you haven't even watched it. The arm that's swatting at the ball never even touches the receiver. Neither of the receiver's arms ever go behind his back, let alone being locked there. I don't know what you are watching.

The ball has to stop moving in his hands at some point for him to have possession.

Watch at 10:12 in the video. In slow motion, you see the players hand to the right of Champ, then it is behind his back just to the inside of Champs left hip, and then he fights to free it and get it up. It all happens in that 1 second though, so you have to hit play/stop a bunch and really fast to see it.

But it could be that you need your glasses checked

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2013 01:52 PM

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

morphius 01-17-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9328289)
I agree about the early contact, I can't tell if it's before or after the ball is thrown. The ref calls "cutoff" though. I don't see any arm bar, just Doss trying to run through Carter. Carter was even going for the ball. Shouldn't the CB be entitled to his space?

He is entitled to his space, but you are not allowed to put your shoulder in front ofthem to cut off a WR like that either. I believe there was some emphasis early on in the season that they were going to be calling that.

MagicHef 01-17-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9328447)
Watch at 10:12 in the video. In slow motion, you see the players hand to the right of Champ, then it is behind his back just to the inside of Champs left hip, and then he fights to free it and get it up. It all happens in that 1 second though, so you have to hit play/stop a bunch and really fast to see it.

Ok, he does swing his arm behind his back for a split second. After which, he easily extends his hands out well before the ball arrives without any resistance from Champ. The ball bounces right off of that hand. I don't see any way that that could be called "locking his arm," or any way that that could have interfered with his ability to catch the ball.

notorious 01-17-2013 02:07 PM

Haaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MagicHef 01-17-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9328447)

If you believe that was PI, what is your opinion on the pick 6?

morphius 01-17-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9328519)
Ok, he does swing his arm behind his back for a split second. After which, he easily extends his hands out well before the ball arrives without any resistance from Champ. The ball bounces right off of that hand. I don't see any way that that could be called "locking his arm," or any way that that could have interfered with his ability to catch the ball.

ROFL

You are just going to have to give up on this one, cause if you can't see how that would be a bit of a distraction...

I'd say the reason that they didn't get PI on the 3rd and 8 is because they through the ball 2 yards to a guy that got swallowed up. Nobody gets those calls.

The missed PI on the INT was just because it was at an angle that no ref could see it, at least not the way that it was done.

MagicHef 01-17-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9328559)
ROFL

You are just going to have to give up on this one, cause if you can't see how that would be a bit of a distraction...

I'd say the reason that they didn't get PI on the 3rd and 8 is because they through the ball 2 yards to a guy that got swallowed up. Nobody gets those calls.

The missed PI on the INT was just because it was at an angle that no ref could see it, at least not the way that it was done.

There was a ref standing at the 33 yard line on the offense's right that had perfect position to see the corner's arm over Decker's.

King_Chief_Fan 01-17-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9328574)
There was a ref standing at the 33 yard line on the offense's right that had perfect position to see the corner's arm over Decker's.

since the ref was that close, then he knows best

morphius 01-17-2013 03:13 PM

And as far as the tuck, from usa today:

Quote:

The officiating crew spent many minutes trying to determine the result of the play, and if the "tuck rule" applied. The crew determined it did not, and Manning agreed.
"I thought it was probably a fumble," he said. "Certainly a possession I'd like to have back."
So even Manning thought it was a fumble.

morphius 01-17-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9328574)

On the pick 6 the side judge could see the arm go over the shoulder, but there was no body turn and the arms looked like they went up naturally (as in you didn't see the arm go up and get pulled down). Tough call to make. From the camera view it was obvious though.

BigCatDaddy 01-17-2013 03:20 PM

This loss just keeps on giving.

MagicHef 01-17-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9328762)
On the pick 6 the side judge could see the arm go over the shoulder, but there was no body turn and the arms looked like they went up naturally (as in you didn't see the arm go up and get pulled down). Tough call to make. From the camera view it was obvious though.

Decker was at the 36, the judge was at the 33. From his position, he could see Decker's arms and the CB's arms. Also, I don't know of anyone that raises their hands to different heights to try and catch a ball with both hands.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-17-2013 04:37 PM

So, they finally call a Denver game this year staight up and this is the reaction...heh. Remember all the nothing to see here please move alongs after the screwjob the Panthers got at the hands of the Peyton's...karma bitch.

MagicHef 01-17-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9328965)
So, they finally call a Denver game this year staight up and this is the reaction...heh. Remember all the nothing to see here please move alongs after the screwjob the Panthers got at the hands of the Peyton's...karma bitch.

?

Are you talking about Holliday's return? Sure, probably shouldn't have been a TD. Pretty sure it wouldn't have made a difference, unless that TD was worth 22 points.