ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

The Franchise 02-08-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9387122)
I read like half and then I stopped. It just sounded like some guy complaining about his job.

:spock:

ptlyon 02-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9387122)
I read like half and then I stopped. It just sounded like some guy complaining about his job.

hes really bitchin now

NewChief 02-08-2013 11:22 AM

He definitely has a persecution complex. I can imagine that he was hard as hell to get along with as well, as he seems extremely self-righteous and probably dogmatic to the point of seeming nearly autistic. His people skills likely sucked ass, in other words.

That doesn't make him wrong, though, but I can imagine that this guy wasn't exactly a good team player (not that being a team player is always a good thing, especially if you play for a team of crooks, thieves, and murderers).

suzzer99 02-08-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9386727)
Torrence chief gave an interview saying it was LAPD that shot up the truck.

One of the trucks was LAPD, the other was Torrance.

Fairplay 02-08-2013 11:29 AM

They drew first blood, not me.......
http://i.imgur.com/UlY3itJ.gif
Are you telling me that 200 men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

You send that many, don't forget one thing.

What?

A good supply of body bags.

PaulAllen 02-08-2013 11:33 AM

Dorner was last seen with an M60 outside of Brian Dennehey's house.

Radar Chief 02-08-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387143)
He definitely has a persecution complex. I can imagine that he was hard as hell to get along with as well, as he seems extremely self-righteous and probably dogmatic to the point of seeming nearly autistic. His people skills likely sucked ass, in other words.

That doesn't make him wrong, though, but I can imagine that this guy wasn't exactly a good team player (not that being a team player is always a good thing, especially if you play for a team of crooks, thieves, and murderers).

Just heard on the news this morning that he’s a military trained sniper too. Those guys are loners, taught to survive on their own by remaining concealed and only revealing their position by taking a single, well placed shot.
This guy is a big problem for any PD, they’re probably going to have to bring in some other military snipers to hunt him down.

Chief_For_Life58 02-08-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9387174)

What?

haha yes

Bwana 02-08-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9387201)
Just heard on the news this morning that he’s a military trained sniper too. Those guys are loners, taught to survive on their own by remaining concealed and only revealing their position by taking a single, well placed shot.
This guy is a big problem for any PD, they’re probably going to have to bring in some other military snipers to hunt him down.

I have no doubt they will bring in snipers, but first they have to find him.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9387201)

He was in the Navy. Yeah, they have SEAL training, but we have no reason to believe that this was his role or that he rec'd any other 'high-speed' training.

Something tells me that was a fair amount of sensationalizing at work by the media. He appears to be a qualified expert marksman, but if you gave me a week or so to get back into shooting form, I could possibly qualify expert as well. It takes a very good shot, but not a great one.

And being a qualified marksman damn sure doesn't make you a 'sniper' in the sense that we think of; a guy hiding in bushes with windage instruments covered in deer piss so he doesn't spook the local fauna.

He's going to be a tough target, but lets not act like he's about to start dropping guys at 1,000 meters or anything.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9387174)

What?

Poor form.

You couldn't find a clip from First Blood? The rest of them kinda sucked...

Fairplay 02-08-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9387214)
I have no doubt they will bring in snipers, but first they have to find him.

I believe the military has heat sensor devices they can point at the area he is in and pick up body movement and pin point him. Add a drone for watching him from above and shoot a missile at him. Technology is cool.

The Franchise 02-08-2013 11:48 AM

I wonder how far it would have to go before they brought the military in.

Fairplay 02-08-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387232)
Poor form.

You couldn't find a clip from First Blood? The rest of them kinda sucked...

Actually I wanted a clip of Brian Dennehey but couldn't find one that was short.

blaise 02-08-2013 11:53 AM

They won't need military. They might need FBI because he may not even be in California anymore. But eventually he'll need money to keep going and someone's going to see him, and then they'll find him.