ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269947)

Messier 02-15-2013 05:10 PM

Foles IS different from Cassel or other situations where backups follow a coach or GM. Foles will most likely be the starter in Philly if he stays. I think he's already on his way to establishing himself as a starter. I personally almost see him as a rookie. Yeah, I'd like to see Smith or Wilson, but mainly for the unknown that they are. I'll say I like Foles more than all but Smith and Wilson in this draft.

RealSNR 02-15-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9405866)
I totally get it.

There are dozens of "tough guys" blasting anyone who even suggests an alternative to Eugene Smith at #1 overall, many of whom have proclaimed they're "done" with the Chiefs if they do anything other than select him as their starter.

You're a ****ing liar.

Give me a list of names, dude. I'll even spot you the first.

1. Saccopoo

Go. Your turn.

O.city 02-15-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9406005)
Foles IS different from Cassel or other situations where backups follow a coach or GM. Foles will most likely be the starter in Philly if he stays. I think he's already on his way to establishing himself as a starter. I personally almost see him as a rookie. Yeah, I'd like to see Smith or Wilson, but mainly for the unknown that they are. I'll say I like Foles more than all but Smith and Wilson in this draft.

For what they just gave Vick, I doubt Foles is the starter, or atleast he has somewhat of a hill to climb. I don't know that I like Foles more than Barkley, but Glennon, Nassib and Manuel, sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-15-2013 05:18 PM

shit just got real.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 02-15-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9406012)
For what they just gave Vick, I doubt Foles is the starter, or atleast he has somewhat of a hill to climb. I don't know that I like Foles more than Barkley, but Glennon, Nassib and Manuel, sure.

Not according to the coach he doesn't. Vick signed a one year deal. Kelly seems very open to having a competition for the job, and he said as much.

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9406009)
You're a ****ing liar.

Give me a list of names, dude. I'll even spot you the first.

1. Saccopoo

Go. Your turn.

I'm a liar?

LMAO

Touch a nerve there, tough guy?

gonefishin53 02-15-2013 05:19 PM

After Albert and Bowe are signed to long term contracts and Matt Moore is signed to be the vet backup with west coast offense experience, I think Reid/Dorsey will choose Geno Smith or Nick Foles to be the face of the franchise moving forward.

Foles is AR's starter if he's still in Philly so he's not trading for a backup. He's trading for HIS starting QB. Both Foles and Geno played in the Air Raid offense in college, so AR has a good information base to compare Geno with Foles. If AR feels the ceiling for both are similar, it would make sense to try and get additional value from the #1 over all pick by swapping first rounders with Philly so they can get Joeckel. Kelly may not want to take a chance on the Cards trading ahead of Philly for him and Foles would be a cheap price to pay because he really can't use him to run spread option.

With the #4 pick, the Chiefs can take Chance Warmack. An o-line of Albert, Warmack, Hudson, Asamoah, and Winston would rival San Fran's for league best. If AR judges Geno and Foles to have similar ceilings, I think Foles plus Warmack would provide maximum value for the #1 overall pick. I would only acquire Fole with a swap of first rounders. Otherwise I take Geno #1.

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 9406024)
After Albert and Bowe are signed to long term contracts and Matt Moore is signed to be the vet backup with west coast offense experience, I think Reid/Dorsey will choose Geno Smith or Nick Foles to be the face of the franchise moving forward.

Foles is AR's starter if he's still in Philly so he's not trading for a backup. He's trading for HIS starting QB. Both Foles and Geno played in the Air Raid offense in college, so AR has a good information base to compare Geno with Foles. If AR feels the ceiling for both are similar, it would make sense to try and get additional value from the #1 over all pick by swapping first rounders with Philly so they can get Joeckel. Kelly may not want to take a chance on the Cards trading ahead of Philly for him and Foles would be a cheap price to pay because he really can't use him to run spread option.

With the #4 pick, the Chiefs can take Chance Warmack. An o-line of Albert, Warmack, Hudson, Asamoah, and Winston would rival San Fran's for league best. If AR judges Geno and Foles to have similar ceilings, I think Foles plus Warmack would provide maximum value for the #1 overall pick. I would only acquire Fole with a swap of first rounders. Otherwise I take Geno #1.

Do you believe that Matt Moore has given up on being a starter in the NFL?

O.city 02-15-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9406022)
Not according to the coach he doesn't. Vick signed a one year deal. Kelly seems very open to having a competition for the job, and he said as much.

Well, you then why try and trade your starting QB for a 3 or 4 round pick? Doesn't seem like teams tend to trade away starting QB's very often.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-15-2013 05:22 PM

for the love of ****; we are NOT drafting a god damned lineman. PLEASE absorb this in to your skull.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-15-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9406027)
Do you believe that Matt Moore has given up on being a starter in the NFL?

He probably should.

Messier 02-15-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9406029)
Well, you then why try and trade your starting QB for a 3 or 4 round pick? Doesn't seem like teams tend to trade away starting QB's very often.

Think that's why it's said they're asking for higher than a 3rd or 4th.

RealSNR 02-15-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9406023)
I'm a liar?

LMAO

Touch a nerve there, tough guy?

You've been blowing this Geno Smith thing way out of proportion all ****ing offseason.

You don't think he's a good QB. I get it. Whatever. But your insistence that Geno Smith fans throw a fit whenever somebody talks up Tyler Wilson or another QB, or that they claim they will quit the team if another QB gets taken is complete bullshit.

For me, this entire offseason of draft talk has been about wanting the Chiefs to move in a different direction from Pioli, who would have told Albert and Bowe to go **** themselves a long time ago. We'd already be hearing from Peter King leaks about how Luke Joeckel is the best football player to ever live. I don't want that, which is why I berate the ****ing morons that think it's a good idea.

If that sounds whiney or childish to you, look in the ****ing mirror.

O.city 02-15-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9406035)
Think that's why it's said they're asking for higher than a 3rd or 4th.

They said they want a 1 or 2. They also said they wanted 2 firsts for McNabb.

I don't know what they want. I'd say Dennis Dixon or whoever doesn't exactly mean they are for sure shipping him off. He played pretty well for them last year and I don't see Kelly bringing the same system from Oregon with him, so I'd say FOles could fit.

Messier 02-15-2013 05:26 PM

Or also saying they don't want to trade him.