ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ****Official **** You Mike Mayock Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270155)

O.city 02-18-2013 10:39 PM

I'll puke if we come out of this thing with Warmack, a CB, a LB and Landry Jones in the fourth.

RunKC 02-18-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9414320)
According to the stats we seen broken down, he doesn't.

Why?

4 years in the WCO, solid accuracy in the short/intermediate routes, best accuracy on 20+ yard passes.

He was a top 10 draft pick last year playing the WCO. I can see why people think this. I'm not a huge Barkley fan though.

BossChief 02-18-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9414350)
Mayock says you "throw out the tape of 2012" on Wilson, Landry Jones, and Barkley.

That's what he doesn't understand...these guys are gonna get drafted on what they CAN DO not what they HAVE DONE.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2013 10:41 PM

I can be sold Barkley. I can't ANYBODY on the O-line. It would be a ridiculous waste of resources and anything but "value"

patteeu 02-18-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9414182)
1. It assumes that there's an elite non-QB available at the top of the draft. There isn't, unless you like some OT to go with our bookend OTs so you can OT your OT while you OT

You need to dial back your opinion of your own opinions. You believing something isn't enough to make it true.

Quote:

2. "None of the QBs are good enough to justify the #1 pick" accounts for rankings in a vacuum, where Chance Warmack or Dee Milliner are considered to be more valuable players than some QBs with pretty good chances at being awesome NFL players

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, but if you're saying it's not possible for a guard or a cornerback to be better players than every QB in this draft, you're nuts. I agree it's not likely though.

Quote:

3. It doesn't take into account the fact that teams who draft that high need to make their picks based on what's actually going to make their team better. How many estimated net wins over a season is that player worth to the team? Over a career?

I disagree. I think it does take those things into account. It sounds like you're not taking the fact that this one pick is one of many personel moves a team will make over the period of years that this pick will potentially play for this team into account.

Quote:

4. On a similar vein, it only accounts for the bust factor. It doesn't remotely consider the possibilities of hitting on that pick of a QB or how likely that is to happen. It's ****ing ridiculous to think that Andy Reid and company couldn't make ONE of these QBs into a top 15 player at his position in the league. Draft classes of QBs like that simply don't happen anymore in the modern NFL, where gimmick offenses, shotgun, wide open terminology, slimmed down playbooks, and highly restrictive rules for defenses make QBing so easy to anybody with an accurate arm with a good release, okay pocket presence, and the ability or will to learn as much as he can.

Taking a QB that's going to be the 15th best QB in the league with the 1st pick overall would be a terrible move. It's very possible that the right coach (Charlie Weis) could turn Matt Cassel into the 15th best QB in the league. No thanks.

Quote:

I've got more if you want'em

Don't bother if those were the best you had.

The Franchise 02-18-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9414261)
Agree...That said, Chance Warmack is the best player in this draft.

No he's not.

RunKC 02-18-2013 10:41 PM

Here's a good read on why Barkley was the same player this year as he was last year when he was a top 10 caliber pick.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...ics-breakdown/

Barkley fans will like this.

O.city 02-18-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9414355)
Why?

4 years in the WCO, solid accuracy in the short/intermediate routes, best accuracy on 20+ yard passes.

He was a top 10 draft pick last year playing the WCO. I can see why people think this. I'm not a huge Barkley fan though.

He's shown to be not very accurate in the short intermediate routes, IIRC.

But either way, I don't care. I don't think they take Geno at this point, so we need to start looking elsewhere.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:42 PM

The main reason I hate Barkley is he just falls apart when he's pressured.

Geno is far better under pressure, and has a better arm to throw when he's off balance or on the run.

That makes a BIG difference in the NFL.

And it's not rocket science here. Matt Cassel can't make throws Aaron Rodgers can because of his shitty arm. Duh. If you need perfect mechanics to drive the ball down the field you're gonna be ****ed in critical situations.

RyFo18 02-18-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9414366)
No he's not.

Who is?

BossChief 02-18-2013 10:43 PM

I want Geno, but would be just fine with Barkley.

About the only trade down I'd take would be moving back a spot with Jacksonville and them getting Geno and us getting Barkley and next years first as well as us getting another mid rounder this year.

I wouldn't cry.

RunKC 02-18-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414376)
The main reason I hate Barkley is he just falls apart when he's pressured.

Geno is far better under pressure.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/53WVU74tSVs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:46 PM

That drive isn't impressive at all. He had a clean pocket on every throw, and was not pressured. Receivers wide the **** open.

O.city 02-18-2013 10:46 PM

It will be very Chiefs like to take a G at 1 overall, so I guess I wont' be too terribly upset if it went down.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:46 PM

Matt Barkley is in no way afraid of getting hit. Whomever thinks that does not watch football and pulled that out of their ass. There was that one game where Barkley saw the blitz coming and basically got speared off his feet while managing to throw the ball away.