ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *****Official Formula 1 Thread******* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271074)

kepp2 11-19-2023 12:09 AM

Max overtook off-track. Shouldn't he have to give that place back?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

EPodolak 11-19-2023 12:10 AM

Yeah sparking is normal - downforce and low clearance with these cars.

Mahomes and Kelce are part owners of the Alpine team - it's drivers are Pierre Gasly and Esteban Ocon.

Pointer19 11-19-2023 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp2 (Post 17230252)
Alpine - Gasly & Ocon

Thanks! 4th and 7th right now.. go go go.

kepp2 11-19-2023 12:15 AM

I don't like the start of the circuit at all. Very short run to the first corner.

EPodolak 11-19-2023 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp2 (Post 17230258)
I don't like the start of the circuit at all. Very short run to the first corner.

This track may eat some guys up.

kepp2 11-19-2023 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 17230261)
This track may eat some guys up.

I think turn 12 is going to claim a victim or two

kepp2 11-19-2023 12:30 AM

Verstappen has a 5 second penalty, so if Leclerc can keep within that before his first pit, he can take first

EPodolak 11-19-2023 12:35 AM

Racing on these dirty streets at this speed with hard compound tires takes some courage.

kepp2 11-19-2023 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 17230267)
Racing on these dirty streets at this speed with hard compound tires takes some courage.

210-215 MPH down the strip is crazy

DJ's left nut 11-19-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp2 (Post 17230264)
Verstappen has a 5 second penalty, so if Leclerc can keep within that before his first pit, he can take first

****ing Max causes a safety car and then wins because of it.

If that's even a virtual safety car, Leclerc has it won. His tire management was outstanding and he was set up perfectly for a 1-stop with clean air and an empty track in front of him. But Max gonna max, can't make a pass attempt without getting into somebody and sprays debris all over the track.

Full safety car bunches up the field and turns Leclercs advantage in tire management into a disadvantage with everyone behind him on new tires.

Damn that's irritating. ****ing tired of Max getting away with this shit.

kepp 11-19-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17230348)
****ing Max causes a safety car and then wins because of it.

If that's even a virtual safety car, Leclerc has it won. His tire management was outstanding and he was set up perfectly for a 1-stop with clean air and an empty track in front of him. But Max gonna max, can't make a pass attempt without getting into somebody and sprays debris all over the track.

Full safety car bunches up the field and turns Leclercs advantage in tire management into a disadvantage with everyone behind him on new tires.

Damn that's irritating. ****ing tired of Max getting away with this shit.

Absolutely. The Ferraris were running really nice. They need to develop a better way to manage the safety car situation...but I'm not sure what it would be.

Those guys need a little blind spot indicator on their mirrors like my neighbor's minivan has. Or maybe just a "Verstappen is nearby" indicator.

Shiver Me Timbers 02-01-2024 10:28 AM

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari 2025

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari 2025

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...rmula-1-season

ToxSocks 02-01-2024 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 17231025)

Those guys need a little blind spot indicator on their mirrors like my neighbor's minivan has.

LMAO

DJ's left nut 02-01-2024 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 17379286)

Not sure exactly how I feel about that.

His biggest help may be in simply providing logistical/strategic know-how. He may help with car setup and the technical side as much as anything (though if that's what you're after, go get Alonso).

And as a teammate, he's kindof a bitch most of the time. I just don't see him as a guy who's likely to say "yeah, I'm looking to end my career in red and really jump-start Charles' in the process..."

And so long to the 'we don't have team orders' stuff at Ferrari - Hamilton won't stand for it.

So are we really going to put Hamilton in the 1 seat and make Charles wait again? The guys proven he's a championship caliber driver without a championship caliber car. Or is the plan that we're going to expect Hamilton to be a willing wingman for Leclerc?

I just don't see it working terribly well. And frankly, I don't like Hamilton very much so I'm not excited about having him in a Ferrari. Buuuuuuuut...if it makes life harder for Max somewhere, I'm on board with it.

alpha_omega 02-01-2024 11:11 AM

What was wrong with Sainz?