ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

NinerDoug 06-18-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9755074)
Here, let me help you out.

Harbaugh saw that CK is a much more dynamic playmaker than Smith, and that gives the team a better chance to win, short and long term.

He wants to win.

That's pretty much it.

Rausch 06-18-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9759658)
Forgot them. I'd add them to my list as well.

Given our schedule, I really don't see this team doing better than 6-10.

We have a very easy schedule...

Sorter 06-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9759820)
We have a very easy schedule...

@Jacksonville
Cowboys
@Eagles
Giants
@Titans
Raiders
Texans
Browns
@Bills
@Broncos
Chargers
Broncos
@Raiders
Colts
@Chargers

Wins are bolded. Italics=Tossups.
We'll probably be swept by Denver and split with the Raiders and Chargers.

Sorter 06-18-2013 02:56 PM

You're counting on this team winning 3 games on the road against one team that has destroyed KC the past 2 years.

I do like our chances against the Eagles/Titans but winning on the road is always something that makes it hard to pencil in as a win for a lower/mid-tier time like KC.

mcaj22 06-18-2013 02:57 PM

hasnt that crappy Bills team been beating us the last couple years? We have the same players plus a couple new rookies and a game manager QB. What is the difference maker this time that says we will beat them? They actually beat us with their crappy QB, now they have a drafted first round QB to groom. Something us Chiefs fan dream of doing

mcaj22 06-18-2013 02:59 PM

pretty much it's who can Alex Smith out duel in a QB battle. If a good QB gets in front of him score wise, he's not catching up or bringing this team from behind.

So guys like Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and maybe Mike Vick can absolutely air it out and beat him in a race. He has no chance against those guys

Mav 06-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9759841)
@Jacksonville
Cowboys
@Eagles
Giants
@Titans
Raiders
Texans
Browns
@Bills
@Broncos
Chargers
Broncos
@Raiders
Colts
@Chargers

Wins are bolded. Italics=Tossups.
We'll probably be swept by Denver and split with the Raiders and Chargers.

I Don't see you losing to the eagles. Other than history I don't understand why anyone or what anyone sees in the raiders. The chargers have gotten progressively worse, and with a new head coach, no one knows how they are going to do. And by new, as in first time, not new, as in Andyr reid. I find if funny, that one of the games you have bolded is the Cleveland game.

mcaj22 06-18-2013 03:02 PM

well the Browns are ****ing terrible. So yes they should be bolded

Sorter 06-18-2013 03:02 PM

I really expect us to be drafting in the top 8-13 again.

Pats,49ers,SH,Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Texans, Colts, Broncos, Bears, Packers, Lions will all likely have a better record than us. Add in mid level teams like Miami, Carolina, Vikings, Rams, Bucs, Cowboys, and you end up with something like this. Now, KC could end up as high as 15-19 but I'm not counting on it.

Sorter 06-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9759863)
I Don't see you losing to the eagles. Other than history I don't understand why anyone or what anyone sees in the raiders. The chargers have gotten progressively worse, and with a new head coach, no one knows how they are going to do. And by new, as in first time, not new, as in Andyr reid. I find if funny, that one of the games you have bolded is the Cleveland game.

I agree. However, given that they are divisional games and our recent history, I'm thinking we split.

I think the Cleveland game is going to be close. However, it's hard for me to think Weeden pulls of a win at this point.

Mav 06-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9759856)
pretty much it's who can Alex Smith out duel in a QB battle. If a good QB gets in front of him score wise, he's not catching up or bringing this team from behind.

So guys like Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and maybe Mike Vick can absolutely air it out and beat him in a race. He has no chance against those guys

Really? In 2011, he went toe to toe with Tony Romo, beat Eli Manning, and beat Mike Vick. So he has absolutely proven that he can win shoot outs. Im not sure where these absolutes come from. The truth is, no one knows how mike vick is going to be in that system, or if he can stay healthy. Not many people can win shoot outs with Peyton Manning, so I really don't find it that discouraging if a team that went 13-3 last year, and added Wes Welker, were able to beat the Chiefs. But Schaub? When was the last time this game won a close game? Eli, depends on which giants team is playing that week. One week, they can beat anyone, the next, they cant beat anyone. So who knows.

mcaj22 06-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9759868)
I really expect us to be drafting in the top 8-13 again.

Pats,49ers,SH,Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Texans, Colts, Broncos, Bears, Packers, Lions will all likely have a better record than us. Add in mid level teams like Miami, Carolina, Vikings, Rams, Bucs, Cowboys, and you end up with something like this. Now, KC could end up as high as 15-19 but I'm not counting on it.

the only chance we have is leap frogging Denver for the division and thats not gonna happen until Peyton retires or gets hurt.

We arent taking a wildcard spot from any of the teams with proven consistency; Colts, Texans, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens and then you have a stacked team like the Dolphins that hinges on breaking out thanks to their 2nd year first round pick QB where their progression is.

So really who are we jumping out of those teams?

Mav 06-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9759874)
I agree. However, given that they are divisional games and our recent history, I'm thinking we split.

I think the Cleveland game is going to be close. However, it's hard for me to think Weeden pulls of a win at this point.

I understand the skepticism on Weeden. My hope much like with Alex Smith here, is that Norv Turner will help him. Also being in a down field passing system, should help him as well. Provided Josh Gordon can stop trying to channel his inner Jamarcus Russell.

mcaj22 06-18-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9759876)
Really? In 2011, he went toe to toe with Tony Romo, beat Eli Manning, and beat Mike Vick. So he has absolutely proven that he can win shoot outs. Im not sure where these absolutes come from. The truth is, no one knows how mike vick is going to be in that system, or if he can stay healthy. Not many people can win shoot outs with Peyton Manning, so I really don't find it that discouraging if a team that went 13-3 last year, and added Wes Welker, were able to beat the Chiefs. But Schaub? When was the last time this game won a close game? Eli, depends on which giants team is playing that week. One week, they can beat anyone, the next, they cant beat anyone. So who knows.

he also had the best defense in the NFL in 2011

the Chiefs dont have close to a top 10 defense

Mav 06-18-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9759879)
the only chance we have is leap frogging Denver and thats not gonna happen until Peyton retires or gets hurt.

We arent taking a wildcard spot from any of the teams with proven consistency; Colts, Texans, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens and then you have a stacked team like the Dolphins that hinges on breaking out thanks to their 2nd year first round pick QB where their progression is.

So really who are we jumping out of those teams?

You mean the ravens team that lost almost all of its key defense? And Anquan Boldin? Or the steelers team that didn't even make the playoffs last year, and now on top of that, lost Mike Wallace? Those teams you don't think you can jump ahead of? Even though you play in the easiest division in football, and the ravens and steelers play in the toughest?