ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ****OFFICIAL KANSAS JAYHAWKS AT TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS GAME THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281548)

BWillie 02-19-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10440241)
Perry Ellis sucks.

At defense

BWillie 02-19-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10440436)
Ugh. Happy with the W. Seemed the only guy who came to play was Wiggins. Maybe Traylor in his few minutes.

Road games have been rough this year.

What do they say the point difference home court advantage is? I dont care what anyone says, its gotta be close to ten points even. Its just unreal these days how good teams play at home compared to on the rd

BWillie 02-19-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10440449)
That tech style is essentially the formula to beat a more talented team. Run the clock, take good shots, slow it down to molasses speed, make shots out your ass late.

It's basically the way upsets in the tourney happen

Yep. Its the mid major strategy, except they dont do it w threes. Would really like that 30 sec shot clock

KC_Connection 02-19-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10440723)
What do they say the point difference home court advantage is? I dont care what anyone says, its gotta be close to ten points even. Its just unreal these days how good teams play at home compared to on the rd

Depends on the home court. KU's is pretty close to 10 points, though, maybe a little less.

Prison Bitch 02-19-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10440729)
Depends on the home court. KU's is pretty close to 10 points, though, maybe a little less.

It's not even half that, GMAFB. Ken Pomeroy suggests it's not even in the upper 1/2 of home courts statistically (I think he's wrong there).

ChiefsFanatic 02-19-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10440499)
Hats off to Tubby and TT. We didn't deserve to win that game but in March you gotta win these types of games. Survive and advance.

Anyone else think that put-back was gonna roll off the rim? You gotta dunk that shit, Wiggs! Lol great game by him and Embiid. They saved us.

I think Wiggins was unsure about the clock, and wanted to get the ball out of his hands quickly.

ChiefsFanatic 02-19-2014 05:41 PM

I was hard on Tharpe earlier this year, but then he started hitting shots, and he cut down on his turnovers.

Since then there have been times when he refuses to shoot, making passes to cold shooters or just dribbling into traffic and forcing up bad shots.'

Last night, on back to back possessions I believe, he just flat out lost the ball while dribbling. It made me honestly wonder about his intentions. I know he wasn't point shaving, but I am not sure how the starting point guard, on a top ten 10, just dribbles the ball away with the game on the line, TWICE!

saphojunkie 02-19-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10440499)
Hats off to Tubby and TT. We didn't deserve to win that game but in March you gotta win these types of games. Survive and advance.

Anyone else think that put-back was gonna roll off the rim? You gotta dunk that shit, Wiggs! Lol great game by him and Embiid. They saved us.

What the **** does that even mean.

KC_Connection 02-19-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10440930)
It's not even half that, GMAFB. Ken Pomeroy suggests it's not even in the upper 1/2 of home courts statistically (I think he's wrong there).

His system had KU beating Tech by 5 yesterday and has them beating them by 12 at home. So yeah, the advantage is a little less than 10.

KC_Connection 02-19-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10441998)

Not sure. I don't see how Tech "deserved" to win this one any more than KU.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-19-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10441998)

They played a lot harder than we did. Our effort has to get better.

Meatloaf 02-19-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10442027)
They played a lot harder than we did. Our effort has to get better.

I agree with this, but I think a large part of our problem last night was absolutely HORRIBLE play at the point guard position. Couldn't shoot, dribble, or pass....much less orchestrate anything on the court. Several times Imbiid was begging for the ball and our guards just wouldn't/couldn't feed it to him.

Worst point guard play I've seen in a KU game for.....well.....years. Muy bado.