ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Mr. Plow 07-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8712933)
Huh? KU has had like 3 Football Hall of Famers attend its school. This statement doesn't make any sense.

It's just his dumbass way of trying to troll. It's all he does.

Titty Meat 07-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8712933)
Huh? KU has had like 3 Football Hall of Famers attend its school. This statement doesn't make any sense.

ROFL the last hall of famer from KU played in the 1960s

KCFalcon59 07-01-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8713167)
ROFL the last hall of famer from KU played in the 1960s

The last Nebraska player to make the hall of fame played in the 30's.

link

:LOL:

Titty Meat 07-01-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 8713214)
The last Nebraska player to make the hall of fame played in the 30's.

link

:LOL:

Because Will Shields won't be in the hall of fame. Dumbass.

Chiefspants 07-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8713225)

Um, Aqib Talib?

Dumbass.

Braincase 07-01-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

You have no idea how much sleep I'm going to lose over tha.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Braincase 07-02-2012 09:27 AM

And now a brief respite from the douchebaggery and get back to the question at hand.

Texas prep cornerback picks KU

Kansas University’s football program picked up an oral commitment from another highly regarded Texas cornerback over the weekend.

DeSoto (Texas) High senior-to-be Taylor Lewis pledged his services to the Jayhawks on Friday, a little more than three weeks after KU landed Dallas cornerback Colin Spencer.

After attending KU’s Friday Night Lights camp a couple of weeks ago, Lewis, 6-foot, 180 pounds, left town with a scholarship offer. After mulling it over with his father and talking more with KU coaches Rob Ianello, Dave Campo and Charlie Weis, Lewis decided to commit.

“I really liked the environment and being around the coaches,” Lewis told Jon Kirby, of JayhawkSlant.com. “Coach Ianello did a good job and was straight to the point. I liked how he handled the recruiting. I enjoyed the time I spent around coach Campo. We talked a lot about how he coaches the defensive backs. I also talked with coach Weis and he made me feel right at home. I knew I wanted to be a part of the program, so I committed.”

Lewis did not turn many heads during his junior season at DeSoto High because he played behind starting cornerbacks who signed with LSU and Texas. With those guys now gone, Lewis is looking forward to a breakout season this fall.
Lewis becomes the sixth member of the Class of 2013 to orally commit to Kansas. He joins Spencer, St. Louis linebacker Kellen Ash and Sunflower State prospects Ben Johnson (tight end, Basehor-Linwood), Montell Cozart (quarterback, Bishop Miege) and Jordan Darling (quarterback, Shawnee Mission East).

Mr. Plow 07-02-2012 09:44 AM

I have tempered excitement for this football season. Not that I'm expecting a bunch of great things, but just showing some improvement will be a win in my book. Just want to be headed in the right direction.

Al Czervik 07-02-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8714094)
I have tempered excitement for this football season. Not that I'm expecting a bunch of great things, but just showing some improvement will be a win in my book. Just want to be headed in the right direction.

Agreed Mr. Plow.....
Removing the stench of Radio means we can only go up.
First year will not be so much about wins and losses, as long as
they are competitive and play hard. If they do that, I will consider the
season a success.

Braincase 07-02-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8714094)

That's where I'm at. We were down so far. Any reasonable fan will just be happy to see improvement. The D was the worst in the country at D1, and our O was just wretched (I put more blame on the S&C Coach for that than I do Chuck Long, but there's plenty of blame to go around).

Nevertheless, we'll be taking baby steps, and hopefully a few big boy steps along the way. We'll get three or four wins, hopefully. I'd like to win at least one conference game this year and get that freakin' monkey off our backs.

Bambi 07-02-2012 10:40 AM

Going to be an exciting season to watch. So many critics of Gill have never wavered in their disdain for what was going on. I'm not at all close to the situation so I have no idea but have to admit that it's very exciting to be moving forward with a staff with a proven track record.

KCFalcon59 07-02-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Um dipshit, as much as I think he is worthy of a 1st ballot HOF induction, I do know that a lineman on a team that only once sniffed at a chance to make the Superbowl during his playing days is most likely going to wait a while to get that induction. He may not make it. It would suck to see him not make it. But I would not be surprised. It would be a travesty.

Bambi 07-02-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 8715464)
Um dipshit, as much as I think he is worthy of a 1st ballot HOF induction, I do know that a lineman on a team that only once sniffed at a chance to make the Superbowl during his playing days is most likely going to wait a while to get that induction. He may not make it. It would suck to see him not make it. But I would not be surprised. It would be a travesty.

Will Shields?

Long list of better guards out there that would get in before him. I don't see him as a hall of famer.

SAUTO 07-02-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8715471)
Will Shields?

Long list of better guards out there that would get in before him. I don't see him as a hall of famer.

Huh?

Insanity, he will be in soon
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 07-02-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8715489)
Huh?

Insanity, he will be in soon
Posted via Mobile Device

No, they are the insane ones. Freaking Bill Parcells didn't even get in.