ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

DJJasonp 06-06-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8661715)
Maybe.

I think its so they can keep Butler and Hos in the line up since they're playing in an NL park.

Bingo!

BigMeatballDave 06-06-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8663325)
i saw an interview with Cano last night where he was talking about picking an Royals player to participate.

Is it too late to get myers in it?

I'd love to see Hos do it.

Butler will probably get the nod.

Great Expectations 06-06-2012 02:32 PM

Moose has natural power, he could hit a ton in that type of setting.

RockChalk 06-06-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8663352)
Moose has natural power, he could hit a ton in that type of setting.

Moose has a great stroke going. I'd rather not have that be messed with. Same with Butler.

Send Hosmer out there. He already has zero clue what he's doing at the plate right now.

OnTheWarpath15 06-06-2012 03:03 PM

Speaking of the ASG - being about a month away - are any of you going to the game or HRD?

Wondering what the ticket market looks like. Face value was about a $1000 for 2 infield box seats to the Derby and Game combined when I went back in 2009.

mr. tegu 06-06-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8663417)
Speaking of the ASG - being about a month away - are any of you going to the game or HRD?

Wondering what the ticket market looks like. Face value was about a $1000 for 2 infield box seats to the Derby and Game combined when I went back in 2009.

For the ASG down the lines on the lower deck is from $800-1200, then closer to the plate is even higher. Upper deck is around $500-600. These from stubhub. And the HRD is around $500-$700 on the lower deck. Basically nothing in the outfield, however, with the new stadium there is a lot of prime standing room out there. Upper deck is around $200.

gblowfish 06-06-2012 03:25 PM

I went in 1973. Tickets were a tad more reasonable then...

OnTheWarpath15 06-06-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8663436)
For the ASG down the lines on the lower deck is from $800-1200, then closer to the plate is even higher. Upper deck is around $500-600. These from stubhub. And the HRD is around $500-$700 on the lower deck. Basically nothing in the outfield, however, with the new stadium there is a lot of prime standing room out there. Upper deck is around $200.

Well, that's what people on SH are asking, not necessarily what the market is paying.

I was wondering if anyone had actually bought at FV or on the secondary market, and if so, what they paid.

mr. tegu 06-06-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8663457)
Well, that's what people on SH are asking, not necessarily what the market is paying.

I was wondering if anyone had actually bought at FV or on the secondary market, and if so, what they paid.

You couldn't buy single game tickets for these games. You had to buy season tickets. I think the minimum purchase was about 10 games but I am not sure on the prices the packages.

Mr. Laz 06-06-2012 04:19 PM

Jonathan Broxton's Trade Value Is Rising For The Royals
By David Cassilo - Newsdesk writer

The Kansas City Royals closer should garner plenty of interest from other teams.

Jun 4, 2012 - If Kansas City fails to get back in the AL Central race by July, the team figures to once again be sellers at the trade deadline.

One player that they figure to get a lot of calls about is closer Jonathan Broxton. His trade value has been on the rise recently, according to Boston.com.

A decision the Royals made last week will likely enhance Broxton’s trade value. They have been cautious with him because of past elbow issues (he had surgery last Sept. 19 to remove bone spurs), but they’re throwing away the kid gloves. Broxton is no longer restricted to pitching no more than two days in a row. He was 12 for 14 in save opportunities entering Saturday, with a 1.74 ERA.

Broxton has been filling in at closer since Joakim Soria went down with an injury. Contenders that could be looking for an upgrade at closer are the Washington Nationals, New York Mets, San Francisco Giants, New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

siberian khatru 06-06-2012 04:21 PM

Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report

#Royals have signed their third-round pick, LHP Colin Rodgers of Baton Rouge, La., and... appear close to a deal with first-round pick, RHP Kyle Zimmer of San Francisco. Will start likely in Surprise but may go to Idaho Falls.

DeezNutz 06-06-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8663543)
Jonathan Broxton's Trade Value Is Rising For The Royals
By David Cassilo - Newsdesk writer

The Kansas City Royals closer should garner plenty of interest from other teams.

Jun 4, 2012 - If Kansas City fails to get back in the AL Central race by July, the team figures to once again be sellers at the trade deadline.

One player that they figure to get a lot of calls about is closer Jonathan Broxton. His trade value has been on the rise recently, according to Boston.com.

A decision the Royals made last week will likely enhance Broxton’s trade value. They have been cautious with him because of past elbow issues (he had surgery last Sept. 19 to remove bone spurs), but they’re throwing away the kid gloves. Broxton is no longer restricted to pitching no more than two days in a row. He was 12 for 14 in save opportunities entering Saturday, with a 1.74 ERA.

Broxton has been filling in at closer since Joakim Soria went down with an injury. Contenders that could be looking for an upgrade at closer are the Washington Nationals, New York Mets, San Francisco Giants, New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Crosses fingers for one more good month from Brox.

Infidel Goat 06-06-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8663374)
Moose has a great stroke going. I'd rather not have that be messed with. Same with Butler.

Send Hosmer out there. He already has zero clue what he's doing at the plate right now.

Stole this from another board: "In the 2 weeks since his slump ended, Eric Hosmer has a .364/.383/.591/.974 line with 2 homers. He's gained 100 OPS points in 2 weeks."

In other words, don't mess with Hosmer right now...

cabletech94 06-06-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8663457)

bought 2 in nosebleed from royals.com for the hrd. spent just over 5 bills for the 2 tix.

but they also came with a 4 pack for the bartle hall stuff (which name is evading me right now).

Kyle DeLexus 06-06-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8664083)
bought 2 in nosebleed from royals.com for the hrd. spent just over 5 bills for the 2 tix.

but they also came with a 4 pack for the bartle hall stuff (which name is evading me right now).

Fan Fest bro. I do want to go to that.