ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft ****Official NFL 2012 Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258870)

Direckshun 04-27-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8576098)
I think you're wrong about the Jets.

How do you figure.

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

Aaron Henry is my favorite safety and he will be at our pick in the 4th.

Frosty 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8576102)
It's not a bad pick, per se.

My initial disappointment was mainly because we're stocking the trenches when we have gaping holes elsewhere.

Anyway, I get it. But we better coach the shit out of this mother****er.

This is what I have been trying to say.

SPchief 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

Do the Raiders go QB?

ChiefMojo 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

Daryl Harris is a interior depth and Mims is more outside help on the edge. Our depth entering this coming season was atrocious to say the least. We are adding quality players for depth and to start... some are still pissed. We could have just drafted duds in the 6th/7th round to say they are token depth... people would have pissed and moaned then also of course.

DaKCMan AP 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

Nice pick by Giants - Jayron Hosley

chiefzilla1501 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8576008)
I am. How the **** is a guy who had 12 tackles against teams like Tulane ready to start in the NFL?

The #1 requirement for a Nose Tackle is that you have the physical ability to play. You have to be big, strong, and have endurance. Poe has all those things. Those are uncoachable.

His biggest problems are coachable. It's absolutely worth the risk to see if coaching those things up can fix him. It's definitely boom bust. He plays way too often with his pads up, which means that he easily gets stood up. Yes, it absolutely matters that he plays positions outside of the 0-technique because they asked the guy to stunt and penetrate, which seems crazy to me. And he uses his hands horrendously. Guess what. The Chiefs have been absolutely phenomenal at coaching their linemen to use their hands and it's led to wildly improved results.

I think people bitching about Poe are bitching for the sake of bitching. He was a very risky pick. But don't act like coaching him to consistently keep his pads low and to use his hands better isn't going to give him potential to be a much better player.

Frosty 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8576107)
Aaron Henry is my favorite safety and he will be at our pick in the 4th.

So, who do you think will jump up in front of us to get him?

chiefs1111 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

Bengals continue a great draft

DaKCMan AP 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8576106)
How do you figure.

I don't think we were offering Bowe to them nor were we going to draft Hill.

OnTheWarpath15 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8576090)
According to nfl.com draft tracker Stephenson had the third highest grade of any player drafted in the third round behind dwayne Allen and trumaine Johnson.

That's interesting, considering I just read this on the same site:

Quote:

Stephenson is a big offensive lineman who has been versatile at the tackle position. Far from a powerful mover, is somewhat of a finesse blocker. Quick in the run game and nasty when finishing plays. Relies more on competitiveness than strength to get the job done, but the fact that he's played both left and right tackle for a major program makes him a late-round pick with backup potential.

Strengths

Stephenson is very quick out of his stance, and this is his one shining quality. Has good footwork and is a lateral mover who can get beat by strength but recovers well to not allow sacks. Good when puling and working in the open field; has more value as a mover and second-level blocker. He can be nasty when finishing plays and is reliable to not allow sacks.

Weaknesses

Stephenson is not very strong despite his size. Always in a stalemate and forces himself to use footwork. Quick off the line, but not explosive. Can get blown back by more explosive players in pass blocking.

BossChief 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 8576083)
When you have 2 safeties after playing 3 constantly most everyone understands you might draft one.

I bet they had Barron and Taylor both targeted.

ILChief 04-27-2012 08:58 PM

What time does the draft start tomorrow?

KevB 04-27-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8576102)
Anyway, I get it. But we better coach the shit out of this mother****er.

Definitely putting pressure on our coaching staff with this draft, but that's their job.

Mecca 04-27-2012 08:58 PM

There's still a couple safeties and Lamar Miller on the board, so there's some guys who can help us in the 4th.